Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Kingdom Hearts 2

soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:57 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 04:57 PM #1 of 994
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Suvari on the other hand.....wasn't very impressive from what I heard. She sounded quite boring and monotone, though there were less lines available for listening. She just didn't have the positive energy that Mandy Moore had (she was so damn good as Aerith).

I'm going to chalk up the latter to a low quality streamed video, though. The same thing happened with Xenosaga Episode I. When people heard the first clip, it sounded terrible online. The same rule could apply here. I remain confidence in Square's casting decisions. They've yet to screw up a dub before, and they certainly aren't going to mess up their most popular female characters.

Also, KH2 was briefly updated with a T rating in the ESRB page, for "Fantasy Violence and Alcohol". It was soon taken down though, most likely as an error, but it still had made me freak out momentarily.
I hope you're right about the low-quality thing. Suvari sounds dreadful.

As for the T, I actually thought it was possible. PotC is in the game, after all. It wouldn't be so farfetched to have it be T if only for the more mature plot and the presence of PotC.

I've got to hand it to David Gallagher, though. "Riku's a sexy guy." I'm going to remember that forever.

Originally Posted by Shonos
The sanctuary that plays in that video doesn't sound complete. It just seems to be missing alot of things Passion has (like.. the background voices?). But if I remember correctly, didn't passion sound the same way when it first appeared?
I think that the issue with Sanctuary in that clip is that it's low quality. Besides, its "incompleteness" can probably be chalked up to the fact that Sanctuary was (presumably) recorded first. For instance, the "screaming" in Passion was placed into the song the day that Hikki had to turn Passion in to her record company. It's entirely possible that Sanctuary will be re-recorded to add in these "extras" from Passion.

Most amazing jew boots
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:55 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:55 PM #2 of 994
Originally Posted by www.sega.co.jp
I think the original name should have been kept. Unlike KH1 here Hikari was a Japanese name, "Passion" is English (even though most of the lyrics aren't) and fits the intro video much better than Hikari or Simple And Clean in KH1.
Sanctuary was written first, though, so technically the original name is "Sanctuary." The very title of "Sanctuary" already ties into KHII more than "Passion" does, IMO.

Originally Posted by KCJ506
And no CCR as Yuffie?! Booooooooo!
She should be back. All the AC VAs are, so far, voicing their respective characters in KHII.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:37 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:37 PM #3 of 994
Originally Posted by Enkidu
I really don't like Utada, so the ending song will just be a generic J-poppy song, like there are already dozens.
Um, actually, it's not. The opening version of Passion/Sanctuary is really not as generic or J-poppy as you think. Apparently, Passion's sound was a bit of a hard sell; it peaked at #4 on the Oricon charts. The ending theme is the after the battle version of Passion/Sanctuary, which is more piano-driven.

I didn't like Passion on my first couple of listens, but it grew on me. Don't stereotype it before you've even heard the song.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:26 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 10:26 PM #4 of 994
I've heard about the censoring. I think it's kinda dumb. The sniper one is slightly understandable, but the Hydra (?) one seems unneeded. I mean, monsters don't spew out smoke when you behead them.

Most amazing jew boots
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:51 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 10:51 PM #5 of 994
Heaven forbid a Disney-related product include blatant references to assassination. [/sarcasm]

I understand where they're coming from with the censure, but at the same time it's pretty dumb. I mean, so what if Sora's being sniped at? It's not like there's a sniping scare at the moment. The Washington (was it in Washington? Virginia? Somewhere around there?) thing happened a long time ago.

I was speaking idiomatically.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 06:42 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 05:42 PM #6 of 994
Originally Posted by PuPu
euhm song lyrics?

In You and I there's a new land
Angels in flight. My sanctuary. My sanctuary Yeah.
Where fears and lies melt away.
Music inside what's left of me.
What's left of me now.

I open my heart to you now, so please,

In the memories of a past life
The future shined for us
The sky forever blue
Look forward to what our destiny holds.

Out the window
I look to you, My Heart is a battleground
The future is ours.

We sleep on, our slumber filled
With gentle dreams of blue skies
and a childhood past
We continue in dreams

The winter child
Of the self I used to be
In doubt of myself
I wander the promises made
To forget the past and regret
To look back and wonder
How much I miss...
I only look to the future.

In You and I there's a new land
Angels in flight. My sanctuary. My sanctuary Yeah.
Music inside what's left of me.
What's left of me now.

To the sky, for you.
Nope, sorry, those are fake. We'll just have to wait a little bit longer.

What idiot can't even fake everyone out properly, anyways? The final line of the song is "Melt away," not "To the sky, for you."

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:54 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 11:54 PM #7 of 994
Welp, the lyrics have been typed up straight from the booklet. Now it's time to ooh and aah at them.

Quote:
In you and I there's a new land,
Angels in flight.
My sanctuary. My sanctuary Yeah.
Music inside.
What's left of me.
What's left of me now.

I watch you fast asleep,
all I fear means nothing.

In you and I there's a new land,
Angels in flight.
My sanctuary. My sanctuary. Yeah.
Music inside.
What's left of me.
What's left of me now.

My heart is a battleground

You show me how to see,
that nothing is whole and nothing is broken,

In you and I there's a new land
Angels in flight.
My sanctuary. My sanctuary. Yeah.
Music inside.
What's left of me.
What's left of me now.
I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed at Hikki for taking the Simple And Clean route and repeating the same chorus over and over and over again... But the second and penultimate stanzas are simply amazing. Props to Hikki.

FELIPE NO
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:47 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 06:47 PM #8 of 994
Originally Posted by Sing
It's called Organization XIII, dear.
I'm with Sing on this one. I guess you can call "XIII Order" a "prototype translation" of XIII機関 whereas "Organization XIII" is the official translation.

And I present to you all a 192 kbps rip of Sanctuary.

I must say, I really like it after listening to the full song. It's positively amazing. Way to go, Hikki.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by soulsteelgray; Mar 28, 2006 at 08:48 PM.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:20 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 07:20 PM #9 of 994
Originally Posted by aku

EVIL!...you promise me Sanctuary, and give me the devil! -_- you are truely cruel....
Do you have any idea how many people are trying to grab the song just like you?

Keep reloading. I got lucky and was one of the first ones to get it before the server got swamped.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:38 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 08:38 PM #10 of 994
Originally Posted by aku

AND THIS IS WHY IT SHOULD BE THE 13th ORDER! END OF STORY!!! I dont like this orginazation 13 crap

Well, too bad for you.

Most amazing jew boots
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:25 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 09:25 PM #11 of 994
Originally Posted by aku
Well...damn the japanese and their use of engrish!
"XIII Order" isn't Engrish; it's actually correct in a grammatical sense. Nomura probably decided to change it to "Organization XIII" sometime around the English localization of Chain of Memories. Deep Dive isn't 100% canon; it's merely a template from which KHII built its story.

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 06:58 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 05:58 PM #12 of 994
Originally Posted by Rydia
I've always thought of them as "Sai-fer" and "Vee-Vee." I wasn't so bothered by those names, but I was surprised that they used "Tai-dus."
It's サイファー (saifaa) and ビビ (bibi) in Japanese, so I've always said "sai-fer" and "vee-vee" as well. ティーダ (tiida) suggests that "tee-dus" is the correct pronounciation of "Tidus," so I've pretty much been using "Tidus" for, well, ever.

As for how the VAs pronounce the names, well, I thought that the recording directors or whoever supervises the recording sessions would catch these small errors, but I guess not.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:14 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 09:14 PM #13 of 994
Originally Posted by Hantei
Ah, good to know that he came back to reprise his role. I've been wondering for the longest time too, cause Squall has been getting little attention.
It's actually not him; it's Doug Erholtz, a.k.a. Doug Berholtz. There's a complete cast listing on the KHII Wiki article, which reveals--to my amusement--that Seifer is voiced by Will Friedle. (Christy Carlson Romano, for some reason, is not Yuffie. It's Mae Whitman. I had a hunch it wasn't Christy...)

I say "Rinoa" as "ree-no-ah" and "Quistis" as "quiss-tiss."

EDIT: Motsy beat me to it.

Most amazing jew boots
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 11:28 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 10:28 PM #14 of 994
But wasn't Romano confirmed to play Yuffie in AC? So why isn't she in KH2 (unless she gets only a handful of lines)?

Crap like this pisses me off. I'm a stickler for consistency, so it always bugs me when there's a VA change during sequels. I can learn to accpet the new VA for Squall, but why change Yuffie, especially if she's going to be in AC? I'm not going to comment on Suvari either.
I'm tempted to try and e-mail Christy and inquire why she's in AC but not KHII. It bugs me, especially since I envision hearing Christy's voice come out of Yuffie's mouth above anyone else's.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 01:28 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 12:28 AM #15 of 994
Originally Posted by plutoknight
Meh, just as a warning to everyone, Atlantica is evil......it and its stupid pre-requisites for each level...
I'm in love with Atlantica because I love The Little Mermaid. It's such a rush to hear Part of Your World.

Though I'll agree that the requirements are annoying.

FELIPE NO
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:43 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 09:43 PM #16 of 994
It can't be THAT bad.....
Atlantica's easily one of my favorite worlds just because of the musical aspect... Minus the whole "finny fun" thing, of course. It's so nostalgic to hear Jodi Benson sing Part of Your World again; I loved her acappella version in the game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 08:17 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 07:17 PM #17 of 994
Originally Posted by Shenlon
Spoiler:
Holy crap is Xaldin ever a cheap boss >_<
I've been having a hard time in proud mode but Xaldin is Defenitly 10 steps up from the rest of the bosses I've faced. He has attacks I can't recover from and mickey is of little help since I get cought in his combos.
Is there even a way to avoid that wind dragon attack of his with sora. Its takes up the whole field >_< Gah how I hate this guy!
Spoiler:
I'm playing on Proud and Xaldin has the distinct honor of being the first boss that I've died on. Everyone else--even that stupid boss in the second visit to Port Royal--was a cakewalk compared to Xaldin.

I just pressed X a lot and hoped that I got lucky. Valor and Master helped a little, too.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 11:20 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 10:20 AM #18 of 994
Originally Posted by Hantei
Really? Doesn't seem like it to me, looks exactly the same as the Japanese version. Like "promise" and "yakusoku," etc. But like I said, the lipsyncing is really well done, that it's kinda hard to notice.
They definitely 100% re-synched the lip flaps in the full-facial character models to match the English dialogue. I watched every single lip flap carefully.

How ya doing, buddy?
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 06:58 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 05:58 PM #19 of 994
Originally Posted by rpgcrazied
guess they had to, to keep the E10 rating :P
It's game content, not level of difficulty, that determines a game's rating.

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 04:36 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 03:36 PM #20 of 994
Originally Posted by a_nal
Is this the final area? Or will you get a chance to go back to the Gummi Ship and finish the other worlds once you finish this area? I still haven't completed Pride Lands, Atlantica, or Space Paranoids.
You can always go back, don't worry.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 07:40 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 06:40 PM #21 of 994
Originally Posted by Luceid
I have three questions here.

1. what affects the outcome of the Formless Form? I mean, everytime I want to use Valor, Sora goes Formless instead.

2. How to unlock the other Form?

3. Is there any "legendary" Keyblade as there used to be in Kingdom Hearts 1?

If these have been answered already, please point me where it can be found; it;s no fun to browse around buhmillion pages.
1. You have some sort of unseen Anti Form point gauge. Using Valor, Wisdom, or Master increases the point gauge and therefore increases the chances of Driving into Anti Form. Once you Drive into Anti Form, the gauge lowers considerably.

2. You get different Forms as you progress through the game.

3. Well, there's Ultima Weapon, which you can synthesize by getting the Ultima Recipe in some chest somewhere, and Fenrir, which you get by defeating Sephiroth.

I was speaking idiomatically.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:40 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 09:40 AM #22 of 994
Originally Posted by Luceid
Well, I got the three Forms that are basically gotten through the storyline, but I've seen pics and heard stuff about this other Form, which is the one I'm asking about. Could be more specific, but forgot the name of such. ;_;

Thanks for answering the other two questions as well.
You must be referring to Final Form, the white-colored one. You get it in the last world of the game.

How ya doing, buddy?
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2006, 06:05 PM Local time: Sep 13, 2006, 05:05 PM #23 of 994
Originally Posted by rpgcrazied
didnt nemora*sp* say he wasnt going to do a final mix for 2??
He said that it was likely that he wouldn't be pursuing it, but he might've changed his mind.

Originally Posted by Shonos
Oh I have another question. What are those characters to the left? It looks like a DS game and it has KINGDOM HEARTS in the title. Is it some spin off or a game made by the same team? The characters look like KH characters to me..
The block of text you're referring to actually says that the staff of KH in involved the production of the game, I think. The title of the game is Subarashiki Kono Sekai, or "It's a Wonderful World." (Tetsuya Nomura's the character designer.)

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Kingdom Hearts 2