Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

More problems with my SATA hard drive

Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 01:23 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 06:23 PM #1 of 1
More problems with my SATA hard drive

I have recently got delivered a new 80GB SATA hard drive after my old one died. I am having trouble installing it.

I connected the sata cable to sata slot 1 of the motherboard, and it picked up the hard drive, but no dvd drive, so I couldn't go into Windows setup.

I connected it to slot 2 as well, but then it picks up the DVD but not the hard drive. I have tried all kinds of boot orders to no avail. When I get into Windows setup, it tells me there are no hard drives installed on the system, which leads me to believe I need a SATA driver of some sort. However, if this is the case, why did the HD pick up when connected to slot 1?

I also connected the HD to my machine, (it's my sisters hard drive i'm trying to get working) it picked up, so I deleted a partition, and was about to format that way, but then it lost contact with the drive and can't pick up. :/

I don't know what drivers I am looking for either if that's what I need to do. It is an Intel system with an MSI motherboard (I think)

Any help is appreciated.

Double Post:
Wohoo, got it fixed.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Thalin; May 3, 2006 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > More problems with my SATA hard drive