Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Yu-Gi-Oh, Get your game on.

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:02 AM #26 of 52
But with graceful coming back, such other drawing power cards coming out(already out) it makes it easier to just get the cards.

How ya doing, buddy?
aoidra
Carob Nut

Member 804

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:25 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 10:25 AM #27 of 52
that right it cool graceful back, but I dont like the idea to take back mirror force just think 3 sakuretsu, 3 widepread and mirror. but is nice to see DDA limited to one.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:27 PM #28 of 52
I'm used to seeing things that works like Sakuretsu time after time.. Mizichuri, then Torrential, then Armor... that's why you need royal Decree.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Oni
Wark!

Member 1651

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:13 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 01:13 AM #29 of 52
Wow, this thread seems really cool. I look at the whole card game genre, and I really want to play one. The only one that has intrested me enough is Yugioh. Saying that, I spend my cash on games mainly. I heard some people play this online, how? Also, what is the best way of getting into the game. I cant grip the rules right away. Any tips?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:35 PM #30 of 52
The best way to learn is by watching other people play. That's how i learned about a year or so ago, i saw a couple of my friends playing it the college i go to. I watched them play a few games, then I asked them if I could play a couple of games with their decks and before I knew it I was knee deep in the game.

The only thing i would say is... remember what you set down as Traps or Magic.. Because even now after a year of playing I keep forgeting when I set down a trap hole and I miss my chance of using it. It's like a kick in the ass to lose because a small slip up like that.

Most amazing jew boots
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 08:57 PM #31 of 52
I remember that used to play over the phone with my friend a lot while usi my fake cards as placeholders.
I would like to play online somehow but everyone would probably lie and optimize their hands and what they draw :s Plus, I can't afford Imperial Decree, what a waste!

FELIPE NO
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:00 PM #32 of 52
For the online play, there is YuGiOh Online. They start you out with a deck and you win cards and shit like that. I think you can bad cards as well, sort of like Magic online. But i don't fully remember, i played the beta of the Yugioh online thing but yeah... I don't remember fully.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
AlphaDeus
[ IKZ ]

Member 580

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 01:28 PM #33 of 52
I used to be obsessed with Yu-Gi-Oh but it's more or less just a hobby now. I was never worried about having the "best" deck, just something that caters to my style of play (aggressive and flexible). I basically run a form of Warrior Swarm/Aggro that relies on getting key monsters on the field (specific combos: 2 Command Knights or a Marauding + Mystic Swordsman LV4, etc) and then equiping them with the strongest equip cards I could find

It seems to work fairly well, but I've never played against a tournament worthy deck. I'm not worried about winning, I'm just looking to have fun ;p

This is my current deck. I haven't touched it in a while so I dunno if certain cards are banned (or unbanned).

BANNED CARDS (for Traditional Play):
Raigeki
Harpie's Feather Duster
Imperial Order
Pot of Greed
Tribe Infecting Virus

MAIN DECK:
1x Mobius the Frost Monarch
1x Airknight Parshath
1x Fiend Megacyber
2x Marauding Captain (may upgrade to 3 when cyber gets banned)
1x D.D Survivor
1x D.D Assailant
1x D.D Warrior Lady
2x Command Knight
2x Blade Knight
1x Mystic Swordsman LV4
1x Rocket Warrior
1x Obnoxious Celtic Guardian
1x Mataza the Zapper
1x Sangan
1x Cyber Jar (this is going to be a huge dent on my deck when it's banned)
1x Penguin Soldier
1x Exiled Force

1x Book of Moon
1x Nobleman of Crossout
1x Heavy Storm
1x Swords of Revealing Light
2x Reinforcement of the Army
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Snatch Steal
1x Mage Power
1x United we Stand
2x Axe of Despair
1x Dark Hole

1x Magic Cylinder
1x Divine Wrath
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell
1x Royal Decree
1x Call of the Haunted
1x Trap Jammer

SIDE DECK:
1x The A. Forces
1x Pot of Avarice
1x Card Destruction
1x Freed the Matchless General
1x Enemy Controller
1x Threatening Roar
1x Amazoness Swordswoman
1x Dust Tornado
1x Drop Off
1x Goblin Attack Force
1x Bait Doll
1x Warrior Returning Alive
1x Wicked-Breaking Flamberge - Baou
1x Lightning Vortex
1x Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 06:30 PM #34 of 52
The command knight lock down is a tight lockdown for the gamebut you just have to have something back it up in order to keep your knights from getting canned.

I don't think I have said this enough... Royal Decree... The uber trap neg. card, keeps you safe from all other traps, so no more trap hole of whatever, or Mirror.

You just need something to keep you safe from magic cards which i think mystic swordie does that. Complete lockdown for the opponent

So ithink that's a steady idea for a deck. Maybe add warrior returning alive.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 06:39 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 03:39 PM #35 of 52
I used to play this game a lot in my last two years of High School, then a few times in college (there were quite a bunch of Yugioh players there). It's a fun game, but it really started sucking (for me) when most players had the same cards, combos, and ridiculously high-powered, rare monsters/traps. Most of the guys I played bought the full releases of cards. I'd only occassionally buy packs to build my deck.

It felt like the DBZ of card games. Whomever has the strongest, bestest card is the automatic winner. I eventually got irritated and stopped playing altogether, even after changing my deck a gillion times.

Has the game gotten anymore balanced? I had a lot of fun playing it and would like to play casually again.

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 08:13 PM #36 of 52
well, not really more well balanced but I don't know who you have been playing because my deck isn't killer or anything but I do still win against people that have those rare and badass creatures..

It's all in the heart of the cards..

Son of Wiseness
Chocobo

Member 367

Level 10.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 11:08 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 10:08 PM #37 of 52
Used to be the champion of Yu-Gi-Oh, soon to get tired of it though. Although here is my never to be beat strategy: Pick up Toon World summon all of my toons, send them to the graveyard, pick up Winged Dragon of Ra, and attack.

I was speaking idiomatically.
aoidra
Carob Nut

Member 804

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:47 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 11:47 PM #38 of 52
I want to know if any of you guy enter to tourny, I usually go to my local shop every sunday but for few reason I didn't go to play the HL, I was litter scare because my rating should go down, but I check it few day ago and I see that no body could pass me, I score of 2808 point.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:50 AM #39 of 52
HL? what's that?

As for tournies...not really, I have a feeling that I'm too old to be doing that... a 21 year entering tournies with 10+ year olds, I'm a loser but not that much of a loser.

FELIPE NO
aoidra
Carob Nut

Member 804

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:45 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 11:45 PM #40 of 52
HL = Hobby league

Actually I knew person really old that go to tourny :biggrin: , if I remember that person has almost 35 years.

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:34 AM #41 of 52
Damn... ok, here is a question for you guys then.. at tournies what do you think would be a right age for it because sometimes i see like 14 year olds against a 22 year old.. I mean, isn't this a bit of an unfair advantage?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
aoidra
Carob Nut

Member 804

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:43 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 12:43 PM #42 of 52
Yeah it litter unfair advantage for the young player, but anyone can enter to the tourny, it just the way that you play that made the different, one of my friend he has 19 year, at the tourny his second or thirth round his opponnect was a litter child around 8-9 year. We get really scare because he loss.... so age advantage don t mean that you alway win the match.

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:20 PM #43 of 52
Yeah, but alot of the younger players that I have come across don't know how to work the combo's properly. It is true though that not just 'cause they're young does it mean that the kid is stupid.

aoidra
Carob Nut

Member 804

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:21 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 11:21 AM #44 of 52
something that I really dislike it when you play with somebody and he/she dont knew the ruler of chain, quick spell, etc.

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 08:17 PM #45 of 52
I hate playing with people are complete rule whores... I play for fun but I don't use insane combos and I was using Pot of Greed.. and he was like "Omfg, I'm not playing anymore, you're cheating..."

It's a pot of greed.. shit no biggie.

Most amazing jew boots
aoidra
Carob Nut

Member 804

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:10 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 09:10 PM #46 of 52
For those people that play TCG here is the new ban list.

I actually feel that this new ban list don't affect a lot the meta that people are playing now.

I. Forbidden Cards

You cannot use these cards in your Deck or Side Deck:

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of The Beginning
Butterfly Dagger - Elma
Change of Heart
Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of The End
Cyber Jar
Dark Hole
Delinquent Duo
Exchange of The Spirit
Fiber Jar
Harpie's Feather Duster
Imperial Order
Last Turn
Magical Scientist
Makyura The Destructor
Mirage Of Nightmare
Monster Reborn
Painful Choice
Pot Of Greed
Raigeki
Ring Of Destruction
Sinister Serpent
The Forceful Sentry
Time Seal
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Witch Of The Black Forest
Yata-Garasu

NEW! - Cyber Jar, Dark Hole, Exchange of the Spirit, Last Turn, Time Seal

II. Limited Cards

You can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

Book of Moon
Breaker The Magical Warrior
Call Of The Haunted
Card Destruction
Ceasefire
Confiscation
D. D. Assailant
D. D. Warrior Lady
Dark Magician Of Chaos
Drop Off
Exiled Force
Exodia The Forbidden One
Graceful Charity
Heavy Storm
Injection Fairy Lily
Jinzo
Last Will
Left Arm Of The Forbidden One
Left Leg Of The Forbidden One
Level Limit - Area B
Lightning Vortex
Limiter Removal
Mage Power
Magic Cylinder
Mask Of Darkness
Metamorphosis
Mirror Force
Morphing Jar
Mystical Space Typhoon
Night Assailant
Pot Of Avarice
Premature Burial
Protector Of The Sanctuary
Reckless Greed
Right Arm Of The Forbidden One
Right Leg Of The Forbidden One
Sacred Phoenix Of Nephthys
Sangan
Scapegoat
Snatch Steal
Swords Of Revealing Light
Thousand-Eyes Restrict
Torrential Tribute
Treeborn Frog
Tsukuyomi
Twin-Headed Behemoth
United We Stand

NEW! - D. D. Assailant, Drop Off, Graceful Charity, Last Will, Level Limit - Area B, Mask of Darkness, Mirror Force, Pot of Avarice, Treeborn Frog

III. Semi-Limited Cards

You can ONLY use two of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

Apprentice Magician
Creature Swap
Deck Devastation Virus
Emergency Provisions
Good Goblin Housekeeping
Gravity Bind
Magician Of Faith
Manticore Of Darkness
Nobleman Of Crossout
Reflect Bounder
Reinforcement Of The Army
Upstart Goblin

NEW! - Apprentice Magician, Deck Devastation Virus, Magician of Faith, Nobleman of Crossout, Reflect Bounder
NEW! - The following cards are no longer Limited: Abyss Soldier, Book of Taiyou

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 02:50 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 12:50 PM #47 of 52
Geez, everybody plays Warrior? Heh. I know people play Spellcasters and stuff. I have one myself, it's not that great though.

So, I have this water deck, and I'm wondering if any of you think it's good...er, I don't have the recipe with me right now, but when I check my cards I'll post. The only card that I have that will be banned from next rule set is Dark Hole.

Sucks that Time Seal is going to be banned though, I was thinking about playing them in my Direct Damage deck...which is still incomplete.

FELIPE NO
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:13 PM #48 of 52
I'm glad to see that I can finally bring back my other Magician of Faith but I can't believe it... didn't they just recently unbanned Darkhole? I don't get it, banned, unbanned, then banned again????

I'm glad to have graceful back but now Cyber is banned? I don't see why because both players can lose and gain from it so it's not like it's really that unfair of an advantage to one player all the time.

aoidra
Carob Nut

Member 804

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:21 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 09:21 PM #49 of 52
no cyber dragon you can use 3, if you check my last post I posted the new ban list, I like the idea that mirror come back, but I really dislike the dark hole go out again

Most amazing jew boots
SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 03:19 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 01:19 AM #50 of 52
I believe Furby is talking about Cyber Jar...Cyber Dragon is good, but just nearly as good as Parshath.

I'll probably end up playing Vortex in place of Dark Hole. It's kinda dumb though, because Dark Hole isn't even that broken. I don't like Mirror Force, and that's only because I don't have it...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Yu-Gi-Oh, Get your game on.