Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Copy and Paste Problem

Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 03:50 PM Local time: May 2, 2006, 01:50 PM #1 of 6
Copy and Paste Problem

Okay, this is a really weird problem that started a few days ago. Lately, when I copy text from Firefox (and other miscellaneous programs), sometimes it won't go on the clipboard since when I try to paste it somewhere, it's not there. It happens I would say 10% of the time and it's really ticking me off. It happens both when I right-click and choose copy or when I press ctrl+c. I am sure that I'm copying the text and I'm sure that the text is copiable. It happens about 20% of the time. What kind of weird problem is this? Any ideas?

Also, I'm pretty sure it's not spyware since I just ran a complete HJT scan and had the people at SWI forums lookn at my log to see if there are any problems. I'm not ruling spyware out though, I'm just saying it's an unlikely culprit.

Edit: added more details

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Spike; May 2, 2006 at 03:54 PM.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 10:37 PM Local time: May 2, 2006, 08:37 PM #2 of 6
What is there when you try to paste, nothing at all?

And does it happen no matter what program you try to paste into?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
and Brandy does her best to understand
Roph
ヽ(ºДº)ノ

Member 63

Level 25.06

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 03:05 AM Local time: May 3, 2006, 09:05 AM #3 of 6
This happens to me occasionally as well. Only since I upgraded from 1.5.0.1 --> 1.5.0.2.

Most amazing jew boots
Tir
Sneaky

Member 1176

Level 12.28

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 02:43 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 11:43 PM #4 of 6
Yup, same here. After I upgraded Firefox, this problem started to occur.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 12:07 PM Local time: May 4, 2006, 10:07 AM #5 of 6
Originally Posted by BlueMikey
What is there when you try to paste, nothing at all?

And does it happen no matter what program you try to paste into?
I think it only happens when I'm pasting into Firefox. Although, it might also happen when I try to copy from Firefox and then paste onto another program like Notepad. I guess it's a bug in the new Firefox version. I hope they address it soon since I don't see any anouncements on it on the Firefox website.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 12:10 PM Local time: May 5, 2006, 01:10 AM #6 of 6
This only happens in Firefox?

I experienced this before, when copy/paste breaks across Windows, affecting all applications. After a while, I gave up and reformatted. It was caused by a faulty upgrade of my Sun Microsystems Java Runtime files. (Stupid Azureus!)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Copy and Paste Problem