Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Laptop screen confusion

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:47 PM #1 of 2
Laptop screen confusion

So I'm browsing Dell's website for laptops and I see the following options for screens:

15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife™
15.4 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen SXGA+ Display with TrueLife™

What's the difference between XGA and SXGA? Also, what's the TrueLife thing?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

yuki chan
Bihsounen Kami

Member 1984

Level 4.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 02:26 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 12:26 AM #2 of 2
Resolution is the difference

wide XGA is probably 1280×768 or 1280×800 (I say this because each LCD manufacture is different with wxga as it is not a true standard) I think the oem that makes dell notebooks uses chi mei panels so the resolution for wxga should be 1280x800

wide SXGA+ is not a standard either but manufactures seem to only use on resolution for this type being 1680×1050

The true-life is a coating put on the lcd to trick your eyes into thinking the contrast ratio is higher than it really is. In some cases the refraction of the shiny coating also alleviates some viewers from noticing the screen door effect on lower pixel density displays. It works on the theory of light refractivity through different materials, it isolates light refractivity to be visually pleasing.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by yuki chan; Oct 11, 2006 at 02:39 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Laptop screen confusion