Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Wii -> LCD Screen

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 05:00 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 12:00 AM #1 of 5
Wii -> LCD Screen

So my plan:

I buy a Wii, but don't connect the Wii to a TV (since I lack a proper one). The two sound-plugs on the AV port would go into my speakers, no problems there. However, then there's the video-problem.

Would it be possible to connect the Wii to a VGA-LCD screen? What kind of adapter etc would I need? The LCD-screen is a Philips 190s. (So that's a 19" Philips that is silver).

Here are details on the screen.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 05:08 PM #2 of 5
I would say check google for a component to vga converter.
Just searching for "component vga" gave me over 370000 results.
They don't seem to be too expensive for what they do. I also found a thread on some forum which is working through how to make one as a DIY project.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by packrat; Oct 6, 2006 at 05:10 PM.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 05:15 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 12:15 AM #3 of 5
I wasn't aware of the term 'component' in this context. Also, the screen has (I believe) a respond time of 8ms. Is that do-able for console gaming?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 05:33 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2006, 06:33 PM #4 of 5
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...ducts_id=4233&

That's what I usually recommend but I'm going to assume that for your GCN, you didn't dish out the extra $30 for component video cables. Assuming the Wii package follows in the same steps of the Cube, then that's an extra $30 or so you'll need to spend on component cables to connect to the VGA adapter. :doh:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 05:38 PM #5 of 5
Well, as I understood, the Wii will have two different video outputs: S-Video and Component, both you can probably find converters for. I say component mostly because it is better than S-Vid, although perhaps not by much.

I don't know anything about response times.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Wii -> LCD Screen