Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] CHROMEHOUNDS - GOOD NIGHT SWEET PRINCE

TonyDaTigger
Chocobo

Member 4142

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 04:43 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 02:43 PM #76 of 96
Quote:
This game makes more tempted than any other 360 title to go out and buy one. I'm forcing myself to wait till the Wii and PS3 come out for the price drop. Not to mention that CH itself costs $120.
Microsoft vehemently denied that there will be a price drop this year for the XB360. The XB360 Premium Package at $400 is less than Sony's stripped down PS3 at $500. That and the Wii is in it's own corner with Gamecube strength hardware.

$120 US? Should be $50-60$.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 08:18 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 11:18 AM #77 of 96
Originally Posted by TonyDaTigger
Microsoft vehemently denied that there will be a price drop this year for the XB360. The XB360 Premium Package at $400 is less than Sony's stripped down PS3 at $500. That and the Wii is in it's own corner with Gamecube strength hardware.

$120 US? Should be $50-60$.
No, when I signed up it seems I ended up with a US flag instead of an Australian one. So, yeah, $120 for Chromehounds. I think it'd be in Microsoft's best interests to have a price drop at the same time as the PS3 comes out, but if they decide not to then I'll just be picking up a Wii instead of both.

Right now I'm definately getting a Wii and either a PS3 or 360. The problem is the sheer insane pricing here for consoles and games. No game here is less than $100. Which is ok, I've gotten used to paying that much for games this last generation. But $120? $140? Thats where I have trouble justifying it.

A 360 here at the moment for the high end version is $650. The good PS3 will be $1000. And this is before you get any other parts, controllers or games. Kind of harsh, don't you agree?

Which is why I'm sort of leaning towards a Wii, its the only console being released that will have a reasonable price, solid launch games, complete backwards compatibility and the VC to boot. That and it'll be the greatest console to play while drunk with friends ever. =D

I was speaking idiomatically.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:23 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 01:23 PM #78 of 96
You can change your flag with the User CP up above, then Edit Options. It's right down the bottom of that. =o

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 02:16 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 05:16 PM #79 of 96
Thanks Monkey, I'm all fixed up now. Thats the first time I've realised I had the wrong country.

FELIPE NO
Celisasu
Tattered Wings

Member 8011

Level 9.35

Jun 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 04:30 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 01:30 AM #80 of 96
Been playing a bit. Still not very far in(I've been busy) but at least I've gone through some missions. I always seem to end up with damaged legs. Do they just like to shoot you there or something? All in all I'm having fun. Instead of doing it in order, I think I'll try out mission one for each role just so I can get a feel for it. I'm getting impatient as I've only been using the soldier type. Want to see what fits my personal taste for combat.

Most amazing jew boots
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 08:21 AM #81 of 96
Quote:
Microsoft vehemently denied that there will be a price drop this year for the XB360.
Because A) It's going to stay at the same price, but more will be added, or B) They don't want people waiting for the price drop, thus hurting sales.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 01:57 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 12:57 PM #82 of 96
Or maybe because of the announcement of the PS3's price, they don't think they need one?

Originally Posted by dhsu
The game shouldn't cost $120 unless you're getting the limited edition faceplate with it.
It's interesting. For once, a gamespecific faceplate doesn't look like compelte trash. It's a shame there were so few and that the markup on eBay is crazy high. I'd pay maybe 40 bucks for one tops, not this 200 dollars some people are charging.

kairyu, yes, don't worry, we can add you to teh squad. The squad can hold up to 20 people, so we got room to SPARE coming out the ass. Right now we don't have enough people to really start assigning dedicated RTs, but me and (apparently) Tony are not very good at it, so if you wanna take along the huge guns, go for it. We can try out various strategies on the individual missions and such.

Hopefully we'll get a few more squadies as time goes on. I know Mo0 will join when he gets his 360 fixed, and Tails might when he gets a 360 down the line, so the more the merrier.

Anyway, yeah, I figured since we're GFFs in a squad here, we should be blue. I created a squad emblem that you can apply to your hound as you see fit. Should make accidental deaths less common if we all go by one colour scheme. Check the "Squad colours" and "Squad emblems" when you're in the squad to pick the same colour scheme.

As for weapons, Assault rifles are good but I am far more of a fan of the machine guns. Takes down emplacements and smaller vehicles retardedly fast and acts as a very good distraction during hound fighting. If you can keep the peppering up you can blow off weapons off the other hounds pretty easily.

Anyway, lastly, as for RTs, When I'm by myself I really pretty much have to use a Soldier or scout RT type to actually find and keep up with enemies, but when I was with Tony last I tried out this Commander/Sniper Hybrid that worked out pretty damn well actually. It has 3 machine guns, two sniper cannons and an N/A maker on a 4 legged chassis type. Slow but able to defend itself and particpate in battle and still give extremely helpful radar telemetry. If we start fielding 3 man or larger groups I'd like to use it more often.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 02:01 PM #83 of 96
Quote:
Or maybe because of the announcement of the PS3's price, they don't think they need one?
That would be quite the pompous decision on their part. MS knows Sony's still in the game, no matter how much the PS3 will cost. Whether they feel the PS3's arrival warrants a price drop or not isn't the only point they're considering. It's also an easy way to sell a ton of additional consoles, which MS will greatly appreciate.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
TonyDaTigger
Chocobo

Member 4142

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 03:43 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 01:43 PM #84 of 96
Had a chat with Kairyu yesterday and he couldn't join our squad because of a two week wait since he went from Morskoj to Sal-Kar. Guess what ever faction we choose, need to stay constant for now until everyone can join up.
The Neroimus war season 2 seems pretty even now. Looks like its a Tarakia and SalKar alliance on Morskoj.

Quote:
Which is ok, I've gotten used to paying that much for games this last generation. But $120? $140? Thats where I have trouble justifying it.
If you saw my PS3 thread, Sony announced that games at the minimum will be $60US and potentially up to $99.

Quote:
That would be quite the pompous decision on their part. MS knows Sony's still in the game, no matter how much the PS3 will cost. Whether they feel the PS3's arrival warrants a price drop or not isn't the only point they're considering. It's also an easy way to sell a ton of additional consoles, which MS will greatly appreciate.
Not neccessairily due to arrogance that they won't drop the price. Remember that Microsoft is losing quite a bit on each console sold already. Even though M$ is a multi billion dollar corporation they still need to ship profitable products.

There's a complicated cost equation with factors into how many more consoles Microsoft would sell going from 400 to 350, how much additional loss they would take and whether a sale at this point would profit over the lifecycle of the 360.

Quote:
but me and (apparently) Tony are not very good at it, so if you wanna take along the huge guns, go for it. We can try out various strategies on the individual missions and such.
Oh it's not apparant.. I definently suck at Heavy Gunner. I hit S finally on all the HG missions but none of them were completed by using a HG model.

Quote:
Anyway, lastly, as for RTs, When I'm by myself I really pretty much have to use a Soldier or scout RT type to actually find and keep up with enemies, but when I was with Tony last I tried out this Commander/Sniper Hybrid that worked out pretty damn well actually. It has 3 machine guns, two sniper cannons and an N/A maker on a 4 legged chassis type. Slow but able to defend itself and particpate in battle and still give extremely helpful radar telemetry. If we start fielding 3 man or larger groups I'd like to use it more often.
Yeah, CS's Commander/Sniper was a pretty wicked design. The NA radar really helped us track stuff down.

I don't see much need for HG type unless it's maybe the final spot in a 6 man and you practically require a commander RT as a spotter. (The HG uses the grids to rain down fire on a semi accurate basis)

I love the Commander RT so much that we'd have to try to succeed with it even in 2 man situations. Any time another 2 man gets seperated, they are toast. I figure I move with you in the soldier RT and capture NA's around us. We spot anything, you open up with Sniper fire and if they close in I defend. If they run away I can chase them down as the biped has decent speed and you can always keep sniping. Not sure how to handle 2 Soldier RT's charging us together though.

Most amazing jew boots
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 06:19 AM Local time: Jul 17, 2006, 01:19 AM #85 of 96
Originally Posted by Colonel Skills
kairyu, yes, don't worry, we can add you to teh squad. The squad can hold up to 20 people, so we got room to SPARE coming out the ass. Right now we don't have enough people to really start assigning dedicated RTs, but me and (apparently) Tony are not very good at it, so if you wanna take along the huge guns, go for it. We can try out various strategies on the individual missions and such.
Sounds great, then. Now to wait out the crazy 2 week rule.

Hopefully we'll get a few more squadies as time goes on. I know Mo0 will join when he gets his 360 fixed, and Tails might when he gets a 360 down the line, so the more the merrier.

Anyway, yeah, I figured since we're GFFs in a squad here, we should be blue. I created a squad emblem that you can apply to your hound as you see fit. Should make accidental deaths less common if we all go by one colour scheme. Check the "Squad colours" and "Squad emblems" when you're in the squad to pick the same colour scheme.
Mo0 and Tails will be joining in the fun? Haha, this is going to be great =p.
As for the color scheme, I'm all for it.

As for weapons, Assault rifles are good but I am far more of a fan of the machine guns. Takes down emplacements and smaller vehicles retardedly fast and acts as a very good distraction during hound fighting. If you can keep the peppering up you can blow off weapons off the other hounds pretty easily.

Heh, oh yeah the machine guns. Damn they are useful! I used a custom RT on the last soldier mission that had those pepper guns. And they were insanely effective, especially if you can do circles around the slower hounds. Its equipped with 4 of those machine guns, 2 sniper rifles (the one with the long charge time), and 3 heavy assault rifles on a reverse leg chassis to handle the load. It wasn't too slow, if I remember correctly it had a speed rating of 126.

As for experimenting with RTs, I think I'm becoming more partial with the more mobile hounds. I'm trying to combine sniper, soldier, and scout parts to create fast yet long-range attack hound. Its probably a futile idea but one can dream .

TonyDaTigger
Chocobo

Member 4142

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 04:49 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 02:49 PM #86 of 96
Comeon peeps. Pick this game up. Need more squad mates to blow shit up with!

Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:46 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 07:46 PM #87 of 96
I'd willing to join your squad, I sent you a pm, maybe we could organize something.

FELIPE NO
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 06:22 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 05:22 PM #88 of 96
Yeah, me and Tony haven't managed to get together in a little while. We're always on at the wrong times. The more the merrier though.

Most amazing jew boots
TonyDaTigger
Chocobo

Member 4142

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:05 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 03:05 PM #89 of 96
New Chromehound parts are on Marketplace at rip off prices. Before anyone buys anything perhaps we can strategize.

I hear you can unlock a part, buy it in a store and then trade it to others.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:00 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 07:00 PM #90 of 96
I guess I can distribute them to people then, since I bought them all. There is one spacer there that's quite nice, and some of the other stuff is good. The Generator is also rad.

Most amazing jew boots
TonyDaTigger
Chocobo

Member 4142

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:42 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 06:42 PM #91 of 96
I guess it's not THAT much. Don't want to cause you problems so I'll probly purchase them. Just riding the Major Nelson bitchfest.
Finally have a weekend to myself for some time so lets kick ass!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:46 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 07:46 PM #92 of 96
Unfortunately I'm working this weekend, but I can play either really late (after midnight) or right around noon time, but that'd be about it.

And if I can trade them, don't waste your money. I bought them because I'm a sucker for this sort of shit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:04 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 09:04 PM #93 of 96
Chromehounds Update:

Primary Adjustments

• Adjustment to arms power and usability
• Adjustment to mobility base characteristics

Adjusted Items

• All Light Arms parts
• All Heavy Arms parts
• Some parts for Legs
• Some Assist parts
• NA maker

Major changes are as follows:

• Adjustments to Penetration
• Adjustments to blast power and recoil
• Adjustments to recoil at the time of shot
• Adjustments to reload time
• Adjustments to Speed
• Adjustments to Stability
• Adjustments to Defense
• Adjustments to Durability

Noticeable updates for Chromehounds:

- Naqa leg stability has dropped to 206 from 226 and rj401s have dropped to 216 from 236
- armor durability has dropped dramatically
- DDs have less stability and don’t quite fire at the same time anymore, plus the slash damage has been reduced. They’ll still be around, just less devastating.
- machine guns are now lighter and have higher heat at impact
- some mortars have increased/decreased power and faster reload times
- most sniper builds have reduced effectiveness at range
- Reload times in cannons have changes slightly, Anelace was 2800, now 3100.
- Heavy cannons have a slight delay between barrels when firing, causes inaccuracy.
- Radiators are useful, lowest one does 300, highest 600
- The light homing missle has 23 ammo instead of 25
- MT21 mortars went from 5000 reload time, to 4000
(for those that don't know, 5000=5sec, 4300=4.3 sec etc)
- Cannons seem to have slight extra kickback, not much.
- NA makers have more range. the largest is almost 1400 now.
- speed on everything has gone down apart from hovers-gone up 1 speed
- The howies dont fire as straight as before but they are still somewhat usable. (With three, with four possibly all over the place)

Gameplay
• Fixed an issue that the prevented team members (except Host) from seeing the opposing flags Squad's Headquarters at the time of Battles in Neroimus War.
• Fixed various collision issues that caused soldiers to fall through the world.
• Fixed an issue that prevented the user from viewing the 25th part in the acquired list of lottery items.
• Fixed an issue that prevented users from viewing their own gamertag in the Leaderboard. Searches will no longer be case-sensitive within this category.
• Fixed an issue that caused players to lose nation support after applying to lottery parts over 41.

BADONKADONK. Patch released on the 9th. General information on it is above.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2009, 02:42 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2009, 01:42 PM #94 of 96
FFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffff

SERVER INFORMATIONƒT[ƒo[ƒƒ“ƒeƒiƒ“ƒXEáŠQî•ñ‚Ì‚ ¨’m‚点

Although I haven't played in many months, (I found the patch rebalances iffy), some sad news for anyone here who cares (ahaha, no one. )

Servers are being shut down in January.

Anyone who still owns this up for some final hurrah? (And getting wrecked, since I'm not up to speed on builds these days)

Yushiro
Able Squad, More Like Awesome Squad

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Aug 8, 2009, 05:23 PM #95 of 96
Well, guess I better find a way to mop up those achievements then. My friend will be crushed; he's been bugging me to play Chromehounds with him for awhile.

Most amazing jew boots
Detection

Member 16824

Level 14.04

Dec 2006

Old Aug 8, 2009, 05:43 PM #96 of 96
Oh what the fuck, I'm still struggling to get most of the achievements with an inactive squad. At least there's a chance that they'll get around to making a sequel now. Maybe.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] CHROMEHOUNDS - GOOD NIGHT SWEET PRINCE