Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Dead Rising

ShinBojack
The Host With The Most

Member 8949

Level 6.75

Jun 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:44 PM #26 of 98
Curious...anyone see the Webisodes that have hit the web and Marketplace as of late?

They're all comprised of cutscenes from the game, and it's looking real good right now. Hard to say, but it's looking even sharper than it did at E3 this year! The use of motion blur and depth of field just add to the graphical flair of the game.

Hopefully that demo does arrive soon, cuz I'm in the same boat as you guys. No reason for a demo to be released after it hits shelves, as it defeats the purpose of giving exposure to the game so that consumers will buy it when it hits the store shelves. Even though the Marketplace Crew has said that nothing is released on Fridays, it has seen some exceptions as of late (Ninety Nine Nights for example).

So let's hope that we get lucky this Friday.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 12:11 AM #27 of 98
True, true.
The unfortunate part is that MS does have a history of releasing demoes after the game comes out. But Capcom probably submitted the demo to MS when they announced the demo in that one Webisode, so it probably just depends as to how long it takes MS to test the living c$@# out of it before it hits the marketplace.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ShinBojack
The Host With The Most

Member 8949

Level 6.75

Jun 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 01:12 AM #28 of 98
Yep.

I'm sure they're extensively testing it, just as they did with the King Kong demo, which, come to think of it, mysteriously vanished from the Marketplace after a couple of days. I wonder why that happened...

In all seriousness though, I hope Microsoft doesn't screw this one up, because unlike King Kong, this game isn't just a free giveaway for Achievement points. :biggrin:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 07:33 AM #29 of 98
lol... yeah.....

Oh yeah!!! I almost forgot (not really)...

The Dead Rising demo is now on the marketplace ^^

I was speaking idiomatically.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 11:17 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 08:17 AM #30 of 98
I just put the game on reserve yesterday, and I'm getting a nifty shirt for it.

Can't wait for next week. And now I'm off to download that demo.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 11:45 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 11:45 AM #31 of 98
This game owns. I was kicked off the demo three times so far when it came to be 7pm, I went to the movie theatre and I went into some warehouse.

FELIPE NO
Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 03:30 PM #32 of 98
I'm eagerly awaiting this game as well.

Originally Posted by Slayer X
The Dead Rising demo is now on the marketplace ^^
:biggrin:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Observant Provisions | [adult swim]
"Dude, this is gonna.. Man, this is gonna wicked, like, really hurt."
ShinBojack
The Host With The Most

Member 8949

Level 6.75

Jun 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 01:13 AM #33 of 98
Undoubtedly the best demo to hit the Marketplace. Bar none.

The demo gives you 15 minutes of free-roaming goodness around a portion of the mall, allowing you to kill the infinite number of zombies to your heart's content. Is there really more that you could ask for?

Just don't go to the Warehouse, outside the mall, to the Movie Theater, or the Entrance Plaza, or you will trigger a cutscene which ends the demo. Nice cutscenes and all, but you just really want to kill, kill, and kill some more zombies.

Anyone find the SMG and Katana yet? The katana is just fucking sweet guys. One swipe and the zombies are cut in half. If you want to recreate Kill Bill's Crazy 88's fight, then this is the way to do it.
  • The SMG is located on the blue walkway to the right of the 1st flight of stairs that you encounter. Just jump onto the blue railway, then follow it along until you spot the SMG.
  • As for the Kitana, just go to the Colombian Rosters cafe on the 2nd floor, and jump over the balcony near the cash registers. On the awning, you'll see the Katana.

Also, for you pervs, take a picture of the female zombies with lingerie on, and see what happens.

I can't fucking wait for the 8th to arrive. There is no way this game can do any wrong.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 01:47 AM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 03:47 AM #34 of 98
Put THE GONG from 1976's Dawn of the Dead or the Benny Hill theme while playing. It multiplies the fun by a thousand.

Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
SpaceInsomniac.
Carob Nut

Member 4944

Level 3.83

Apr 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 01:51 AM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 01:51 AM #35 of 98
Originally Posted by SketchTheArtist
Put THE GONG from 1976's Dawn of the Dead or the Benny Hill theme while playing. It multiplies the fun by a thousand.
It's close to midnight and something evil's lurkin' in the dark.
Under the moonlight, you see a sight that almost stops your heart.
You try to scream, but terror takes the sound before you make it.
You start to freeze, as horror looks you right between the eyes, you're paralyzed...

'Cause this is thriller!

LivingDreams
Chocobo

Member 520

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 03:34 AM #36 of 98
Dead Rising look like a good horror type of game with humor in it. I didn't like the demo they released on the marketplace. As soon as you enter a certain section or go out of a section a damn cutscene has to play and the demo ends. They shoulda made it where you can play and finish at least half of a mission or something.

Eat glass.
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:12 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 08:12 PM #37 of 98
I would really have liked some sort of multiplayer component.

The demo was enjoyable, but as it stands now, it looks like it'll get repetitive after a couple of hours. Hopefully the retail game has as much variety as it boasts.

How ya doing, buddy?
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 08:35 PM #38 of 98
There's SO MUCH stuff you can do in the demo, variety isn't a problem. I can't wait for the final retail version this week.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 09:50 PM #39 of 98
I do find that there is a limit on what you can do but it is a demo, and it's an earlier build. Heck I imagine that in the same area of the retail build will probably have twice the amount of stuff to use and wear. I'm not worried about the final version at all.

While I do agree that the demo might not really show the full potential of the game, for people like me who know what will be in the final build, this demo is really just to hold me over till the 8th.

FELIPE NO
ShinBojack
The Host With The Most

Member 8949

Level 6.75

Jun 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:37 AM #40 of 98
Originally Posted by LivingDreams
I didn't like the demo they released on the marketplace. As soon as you enter a certain section or go out of a section a damn cutscene has to play and the demo ends. They shoulda made it where you can play and finish at least half of a mission or something.
In case you didn't read what I wrote earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Just don't go to the Warehouse, outside the mall, to the Movie Theater, or the Entrance Plaza, or you will trigger a cutscene which ends the demo. Nice cutscenes and all, but you just really want to kill, kill, and kill some more zombies.
These 4 places automatically trigger a cutscene, which in the retail version of the game, give more explanation to the backstory. As long as you stay within the boundaries of the mall itself and don't go to the places I listed, then you'll be able to free-roam around a good portion of the mall for around 15 minutes. If you spend the 15 minutes just going on a zombie-killing rampage, then I think you might change your opinion on the game.

Either way, it is a demo, and as such is just a taste of what to expect from the full retail game...there'd be no reason to buy the game if this demo had allowed us to play for an infinite amount of time.

By the way, another little secret in case you didn't know:
  • On the 1st floor, before the Movie Theater is a restaurant called Jill's Sandwiches.
  • Next to the cash registers you will find a carton of Orange Juice.
  • DO NOT drink it and keep it in your inventory.
  • Proceed to the 2nd floor and go to the Colombian Roasters Cafe.
  • Take one of the pies from the counter and walk over to the blender in the kitchen.
  • Mix the pie and Orange Juice into the blender and pick up the juice that pops out.
  • Voila! You know have "Untouchable", a drink which grants you temporary invincibility.

Of course, you can then jump into the sea of zombies and slaughter them without the fear of being injured! Enjoy

SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 02:32 AM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 04:32 AM #41 of 98
PIE + JUICE = Untouchable
CONDIMENTS (Found in 'Jill's Sandwiches') + CONDIMENTS = Spit Fire
UNTOUCHABLE + SPIT FIRE = ZOMBAIT

Zombait attracts zombies. ;-P

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 05:44 PM #42 of 98
I enjoyed the demo, and it reminded me of the old game Fighting Force (dont ask), but I didnt like how there was one move for each weapon. I would of liked some kind of combo system (nothing extravagant but atleast a different move per joystick direction).

The controls were slick, but felt a tad sluggish. Other then these complaints it was just plain fun. Of course its just a demo, so Ill have to wait and see the final build in action.

Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 05:50 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 07:50 PM #43 of 98
I know that the sledgehammer and scythe have an extra attack if you hold X.

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 06:49 PM #44 of 98
That's correct Newbie1234.

But really, if Capcom created 5 moves for each weapon it would have just been a ridiculous amount of work. Especially in the final version where there will be so many "weapons" that the variety of things that you'll be using will be so tremendous that you wouldn't probably be using anything all that long to want more moves.

But when you talk about the demo, due to the "shortage" of items I can see your point.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 06:58 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 03:58 PM #45 of 98
Does anyone else find the giant Servbot in the toy store to be somewhat suspicious? I don't know why, but I get the feeling there's more to it than the top of it's head spinning when you hit it. Maybe in the final build that's where you find the Mega Buster?

I was speaking idiomatically.
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 09:27 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 10:27 PM #46 of 98
Originally Posted by WolfDemon
Does anyone else find the giant Servbot in the toy store to be somewhat suspicious? I don't know why, but I get the feeling there's more to it than the top of it's head spinning when you hit it. Maybe in the final build that's where you find the Mega Buster?
I remember seeing it being used, I believe it was the trailer on XBL marketplace which clearly showed the mega buster in use.

Most amazing jew boots
ShinBojack
The Host With The Most

Member 8949

Level 6.75

Jun 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:07 PM #47 of 98
Well, there is some use for it in the demo. You have to hit the giant Servbot enough so that the dizzy eyes match up with the sad mouth, and then you take a picture of it, giving you a large amount of PP. It's a little easier if you just hit the Servbot head with the water gun, as it gives you more precision in lining up the facial expressions than with the sledgehammer or scythe.

While not having any use in the demo, PP is what levels Frank up (as far as learning new moves, having more stamina, etc.). Some other free PP spots are taking pictures of the cardboard woman in the Music Store (to the left of the Servbot store), and taking a snapshot of the Ratman poster in front of the Movie Theater. So now you have some locations to go to get some free experience points when the game comes out tomorrow.

Lord, I can't wait. :biggrin:

FELIPE NO
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 04:21 PM #48 of 98
Originally Posted by Slayer X
That's correct Newbie1234.

But really, if Capcom created 5 moves for each weapon it would have just been a ridiculous amount of work. Especially in the final version where there will be so many "weapons" that the variety of things that you'll be using will be so tremendous that you wouldn't probably be using anything all that long to want more moves.

But when you talk about the demo, due to the "shortage" of items I can see your point.
I can see your point, considering the large number of useable items, but I would like to see something, like the scyth for example, be able to do a small swinging combo, even if it meant only hitting X three times in a row.

I guess my complaint is more in relation to the fact that it seems your always killing one zombie at a time. I would prefer more mass carnage.

I think it might have to do with me playing the 99 Knights demo to death. I think im trying to get the games to be the same pace when there two totally different things.

I believe this game will grow on me the more I play it. I really do enjoy the novelty of it though. Its almost retro in the way it plays.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 05:05 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 02:05 PM #49 of 98
My boss gave me today and tomorrow off to make up on the weekend, so I got myself all hyped to play all day today and tomorrow, but I went to EB and they were like "lol it's here tomorrow n00b." And after they kept telling me "It'll be here the 8th! Promise!"

How ya doing, buddy?
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 05:24 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 07:24 PM #50 of 98
Originally Posted by *AkirA*
I can see your point, considering the large number of useable items, but I would like to see something, like the scyth for example, be able to do a small swinging combo, even if it meant only hitting X three times in a row.

I guess my complaint is more in relation to the fact that it seems your always killing one zombie at a time. I would prefer more mass carnage.

I think it might have to do with me playing the 99 Knights demo to death. I think im trying to get the games to be the same pace when there two totally different things.

I believe this game will grow on me the more I play it. I really do enjoy the novelty of it though. Its almost retro in the way it plays.
I'm pretty sure that Capcom didn't want to bust out too much cash for this game as it is a pretty risky new project and IP.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Dead Rising