Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

IPood

ComradeTande
:B

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:53 AM Local time: Dec 3, 2008, 10:53 AM #1 of 6
IPood

SO. I wasn't sure exactly how to word this into a title, so I just wrote that. ANYWAY, here's the story.

I bought a 80 gig Ipod after serious consideration, looking around on the net, etc, bought it used sadly. I'm not sure exactly what generation it is, I'm led to believe its fifth generation because of the fact its 80 gigs, isn't an Ipod video but still can play videos, etc.
Anyway recently we had to scrap our old computer because of issues, and now I'm on my new computer. Sadly before we scrapped the old one, I forgot to change the Ipod to where it wouldn't delete my music if I synced it with my computer. And now I'm terrified to do that. I've googled around and only found stuff to getting music off an older generation, mac platform, poorly written garbage I couldn't read.
I tried using a program called Ephpod to get the music off, but to no avail.

Are there ways around having to delete all my music? Can I get that music off my Ipod?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:55 AM Local time: Dec 3, 2008, 04:55 PM #2 of 6
I've used Yamipod under OS X to great success. It's also available for Windows. Try it out.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:56 AM 4 #3 of 6
ENJOY YOUR ANNIHILATED DATA

:smug:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ComradeTande

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:57 AM Local time: Dec 3, 2008, 10:57 AM #4 of 6
Pang, oh you smug fellow.

I'll check out Yamipod.

EDIT: Seems that a recent update that my Ipod got from Itunes on the last computer seems to make it quite...difficult. That and not knowing the exactly generation is a problem too.

I'll keep looking :\

But if I load up Itunes just to change something about my ipod, will it delete everything right off the bat? I can stop the sync, right ._.?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by ComradeTande; Dec 3, 2008 at 12:05 PM.
Immortal
I float.

Member 1281

Level 19.93

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:10 PM Local time: Dec 3, 2008, 10:10 AM #5 of 6
There is a setting in iTunes that turns off syncing an iPod when it is connected. That will make it so you don't lose your data on it but can still make minor changes to the iPod.

The setting is in preferences > devices tab > select "Disable automatic syncing for iPhones and iPods" and that should keep it from syncing when you connect it.

Most amazing jew boots

While everyone around me is busy drowning, I float.
ComradeTande

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:42 PM Local time: Dec 3, 2008, 11:42 AM #6 of 6
After installing Yamipod, I couldn't figure out the ipod information stuff, but then I installed Itunes and yamipod worked (perhaps it uses something from the itunes folder). Uploading music on it as we speak. I won't be able to get the music off of it until I install my new harddrive (i don't have that much space), but until then I'm happy with just having the tunes on the ipod itself :3

Thanks yo.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > IPood