Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Cellfactor: Revolution

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 12:20 AM Local time: May 9, 2007, 12:20 AM #1 of 3
Cellfactor: Revolution

http://www.cellfactorrevolution.com/

So some of you may be familiar with Ageia's baby, Cell Factor. Initially done as a PhysX demo, it got so much interest that they decided to turn it into a full-fledged game. Well, sort of. Additional levels and full PhysX compatibility are only available to PhysX card owners.

But still, free game!

Anyway, I just finished installing, and I'll probably play it tomorrow. Impressions will be coming forthwith.

is it wrong that I love this fratboy/wrestling-inspired soundtrack?

Most amazing jew boots
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 08:25 AM #2 of 3
I downloaded it yesterday and just installed it today but when I enter the main menu I see everything like the options, new game, tutorial, etc. but when I click on it the rest of the menu's are left blank so I can't really see anything and I can't see where I have to click once I start a new game so I'm left blind sided @_@
Fear, half life, and other games run fine and my drivers are up to date so I'm guessing it may be that I need to up the graphics card.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

New Record!
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 04:41 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 04:41 PM #3 of 3
Yeah, I dunno what to tell you there, man.

My experience with the game was kinda iffy. The gameplay itself seems pretty fun. I could definitely get into this 3-class system, since they did a good job of balancing out the classes to make sure none of them has a permanent advantage.

First there's the Bishop, the Psionics master, who kills by tossing her enemies off of buildings, shoving crates into their fragile meat-filled bodies, or simply ripping them apart with her mind. She can fly, but she pretty much shatters on impact, and can't use vehicles.

The Guardian, who is the biomechanical opposite, can carry two weapons at once, and can sprint or perform superjumps in order to reach his enemies (or run away from them) He's a badass when it comes to health and pure damage output, but he can't handle psionics very well, meaning all it takes is for someone to give him a little shove off the side and he's gone.

And finally the BlackOp, the hybrid of the two. He uses psionics sparingly, meaning he can push objects around, but he doesn't rely on it as much as the Bishop. He might seem like a weak class at first, but you must also take into account that he's the only class that can use vehicles.

My personal favorite was the guardian, because anyone who is not floating in the air all the time (aka Bishops) is fair game. When the Bishop sprints, using up stamina, he is basically a freight train, aimed at your ass. He doesn't really need a vehicle given the speed that he runs and the ability to cream anybody that gets in his way.

Gameplay aside, it was a definite chop-fest for me, even with my 5200+ X2 and geforce 8800 GTS, and with the effects turned way down. This really is a game you need the PhysX card for if you want to be able to enjoy it, because 2 levels just isn't worth 2 gigs of space on my hard drive.

Also, being that this was a demo that got coaxed into being a full game, you'll notice the lack of polish many times. The sound that is in the game is average for the most part-- it serves its purpose-- but one of the more disappointing things I noticed was that the environmental sound took away a lot of the awe of seeing these PhysX objects being knocked around. For instance, if a Bishop tears a pillar out of the ground, you'll hear no rumbling, no scraping of rock, no thunderous crash when it hits the ground. This brings up an interesting point to me. If a PhysX enabled game focuses on the visual stuff to create immersion, does that mean other aspects of the immersion get left behind?

You'll also notice that there is no multiplayer browser. That's right, kids. No multiplayer unless you're on a LAN. You can play different modes of play against bots, but having played things like Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 in the past, the bot opponents here look kinda lackluster.

At any rate, it is free, but to many people it will just be wasted space on the hard drive. Get it if you're curious, or you have a PhysX card, but even then you'll be hard pressed to find more than bots to play against, and frankly that aspect of the game has been done better by other, older games.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Cellfactor: Revolution