Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2010, 09:58 PM #1 of 48
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

How can it be that just about everyone on my Backloggery list is playing this game, but no one has made a thread?

First, you make a hero who might look like this with a fancy poncho:

Then you're set loose in a world of wacky Scottish people who need the help of a fallen angel to make their lives better. Then you get to create your own party of adventures from scratch, grind, alchemize, and generally go nuts in the usual DQ way. Could the game be described better? Probably, but I'm the one making the thread so you're stuck with it.

Many of the old DQ conventions persist, but random battles have happily been replaced with visible enemies that can mostly be dodged if you choose. Plus there's local multiplayer, which could be fun.

Go ahead, boast of your slime-killing prowess here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:28 PM #2 of 48
Here's my poorly named party (what will I do if I ever have to name my children?)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2010, 07:56 AM #3 of 48
Did anyone pick up the Zoma map from EB last weekend (or plan to get it from Best Buy this weekend)? I like how it's a level 1 map, but the boss does 300-600 damage each turn. I'll probably never level up enough to beat that.

Most amazing jew boots
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:56 AM #4 of 48
I'm not sure why the maps were only available at sporadic EB's. None of the mall or high traffic locations around me were participating, and Tritoch would have had to drive several hours to find one. Same thing with Best Buy; not all are participating.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2010, 01:23 PM #5 of 48
I stopped by Best Buy today and got their map (Estark), and picked up more tags, bringing my total up to 9. The inn is improved, but though I've tried several times, Angelo won't give me his fourth item. What job class do you need for the third item, anyway?

I also got some nifty stickers:

How ya doing, buddy?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2010, 02:11 PM #6 of 48
I guess my main character has to be a priest then, since I've already got one in my party.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2010, 05:51 PM #7 of 48
They had the poster (and t-shirts) too, but I wasn't offered either. The poster wasn't that great, and gaming t-shirts never fit the target audience.

Edit: Reading the CAG thread, it appears you need 30 tags to get the bonus loot from the visitor.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by nuttyturnip; Aug 7, 2010 at 05:57 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies