Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 291 Voting/WEEK 292 Nominating

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 19, 2015, 06:56 PM Local time: Jan 19, 2015, 03:56 PM #1 of 23
Song of the Week - WEEK 291 Voting/WEEK 292 Nominating

Song of the Week. 250 Weeks and counting.
Week 291 Voting is open.
Week 292 Nominating is open.

Tracks:
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Azurite Dance - Transcending Time, Returning to the Sky
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Chill SQ - Live A Live ~WARM A LIVE~LIVE OVER AGAIN
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: MOGRAPPER - WITH MY PARTY CREW!! - Funk It Mix
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: PHANTASY STAR 1st Series Complete Album - Illustration Gallery: PS II
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Shinobi X (Game Rip) - Samurai Residence (Stage 4)
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Taiko no Tatsujin Original Soundtrack "Donderful!"- My Dear Mille-sama

Voting Rules:
Voters must distribute 6 points among the 8 6 nominees, giving points to at least 3 songs, giving no song more than 3 points, and giving no more than one of their choices 3 points. No giving one point to each song either. Possible ways of voting include:
Spoiler:
"Traditional"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.

"Even Stevens"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 2 pts.

"Tough Decision"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Nomination Bias"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Indecisive"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.

"Shotgun Spread"
Song1 - 1 pt.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.
Song6 - 1 pt.

Notes:
Please remember to upload your nominations to the SotW server! Uploaded noms mean a faster, smoother SotW experience for everyone. Server information:
Spoiler:
* Host: ftp.sotw.info
* Username: nominations@sotw.info (that is the actual username; not an e-mail address)
* Password: gff
* Port: 21

Nominating:
The Nominations Queue can be found here.
The rules for nominating can be found here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2015, 03:49 AM Local time: Jan 27, 2015, 10:49 AM #2 of 23
<<2 Points>> Azurite Dance - Transcending Time, Returning to the Sky
<<2 Points>> Chill SQ - Live A Live ~WARM A LIVE~LIVE OVER AGAIN
<<1 Point>>PHANTASY STAR 1st Series Complete Album - Illustration Gallery: PS II
<<1 Point>> MOGRAPPER - WITH MY PARTY CREW!! - Funk It Mix

There's nowhere I can't reach.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2015, 08:56 PM Local time: Feb 2, 2015, 05:56 PM #3 of 23
  • Album: GINGA FORCE Complete Soundtrack
  • Artist: Yasuhisa Watanabe
  • Disc #: 2 (of 2)
  • Track #: 7
  • Track Title: Illicit Ideology – Ideal – [Chapter9-2]
  • Catalogue Number: SRIN-1102
  • Year: 2013
  • Additional Info: This is kind of weird.
  • Source: SRIN-1102 | GINGA FORCE Complete Soundtrack - VGMdb

Most amazing jew boots
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2015, 05:46 AM #4 of 23
3 Points - Taiko no Tatsujin Original Soundtrack "Donderful!"- My Dear Mille-sama
2 Points - Chill SQ - Live A Live ~WARM A LIVE~LIVE OVER AGAIN
1 Point -- PHANTASY STAR 1st Series Complete Album - Illustration Gallery: PS II

Most amazing jew boots
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:08 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2015, 01:08 PM #5 of 23
Some really cool tunes.

(2 points) Chill SQ - Live A Live ~WARM A LIVE~LIVE OVER AGAIN

(2 points) Azurite Dance - Transcending Time, Returning to the Sky

(1 point) Taiko no Tatsujin Original Soundtrack 'Donderful!' - My Dear Mille-sama

(1 point) Shinobi X (Game Rip) - Samurai Residence (Stage 4)

I was speaking idiomatically.
I think therefore I am... I think.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2015, 01:59 AM Local time: Feb 22, 2015, 02:59 PM #6 of 23
Here's a new nom:

* Album Title: L'Arbre D'Un Train
* Artist: Troupe Gammage
* Track Title: This Is
* Source: http://www.discogs.com/Various-LArbr...release/546560
* File Location: Nomination folder
* Disc Number: 1
* Track Number: 12
* Catalogue Number: BKTR007
* Year: 2005

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
PiratePrince
You're fine!

Member 31306

Level 25.30

Jul 2008

Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:41 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2015, 09:41 PM #7 of 23
I have an exam coming up that I should review for, but I don't feel like studying, so I vote.

2 points - Shinobi X (Game Rip) - Samurai Residence (Stage 4)

2 points - Chill SQ - Live A Live ~WARM A LIVE~LIVE OVER AGAIN

1 point - PHANTASY STAR 1st Series Complete Album - Illustration Gallery: PS II

1 point - MOGRAPPER - WITH MY PARTY CREW!! - Funk It Mix

FELIPE NO
Jolteon

Member 35682

Level 17.53

Apr 2010

Old Mar 20, 2015, 03:48 AM #8 of 23
3 Points - Azurite Dance - Transcending Time, Returning to the Sky
2 Points - Taiko no Tatsujin Original Soundtrack "Donderful!"- My Dear Mille-sama
1 Point - PHANTASY STAR 1st Series Complete Album - Illustration Gallery: PS II

I wish I had time to talk about these but I've waited far too long to even vote so I'm going to just vote for now!!! All of these are pretty neat!

Man I need to decide what to nominate now, I'll try to remember to do that SOON so many ideas

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
time
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2015, 06:39 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2015, 03:39 PM 1 #9 of 23
2 points: Azurite Dance - Transcending Time, Returning to the Sky
2 points: Taiko no Tatsujin Original Soundtrack "Donderful!"- My Dear Mille-sama
1 point: MOGRAPPER - WITH MY PARTY CREW!! - Funk It Mix
1 point: PHANTASY STAR 1st Series Complete Album - Illustration Gallery: PS II

"Basiscape pop" needs to be a genre. "Luna Umegaki" is already an established genre though

I see people are actually giving Mograpper points so I guess I was too nice in my choice of song from that album. It's okay, there's some absolutely terrible reggae with your name on it. 8)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Jolteon

Member 35682

Level 17.53

Apr 2010

Old Mar 22, 2015, 07:15 PM #10 of 23
n o m i n a t i o n

Album: GeOnDan Super Rare Trax: The LAND of RISING SUN
Artist: Takuya Hanaoka
Disc #: 1 of 2
Track #: 12
Track Title: Akasha
Catalogue Number: GODSPCD-1
Year: 2011
Source: GODSPCD-1 | GeOnDan Super Rare Trax: The LAND of RISING SUN - VGMdb

time
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2015, 06:07 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2015, 03:07 AM #11 of 23
I've been extremely neglectful about nagging recently, but we're totally dead in the water over here and I can't imagine that would've made a significant impact.

So I guess we should probably figure out about retooling this thing or moving up shop to somewhere else, but that depends on how many people here actually care any more. So, who's here?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Jolteon

Member 35682

Level 17.53

Apr 2010

Old Apr 13, 2015, 05:55 AM #12 of 23
I CARE like, a lot. Like this is literally my favorite source for finding new music that I like that exists, period. . . . and I look from _A LOT_ of sources to find new music every day... . . . so that is saying something if this is actually my favorite!!! It is also my favorite place to share music with ;-; pleast don't die() sotw ;-;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
time
Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2015, 06:03 PM #13 of 23
HOLY CRAP, this thread is from January. Well not sure what's left of this whole forum in comparison to 10 years ago?^^ Games? Personal meetings? Everybody's move on or what? No certainly, must have!
Many of you still listen to a lot of game music right? As for me I hardly do, although that's not right, I'm listening to the crapload of OCREMIX stuff from 8-9 years ago? Can't let them go to waste right?^^ But they are not eligible, as are the Touhou stuff I still have in mind.
Well 2 ways to save this imo? MUSIC UNLIMITED if it has VGM smell to it, it's good. Or let one person nominate more than just ONE petty track. I don't mind one person shoving his up his whole nomination list on me. Make it 8 tracks 100 tracks, I'll listen to it.^^
Good thing I checked this thread out after my 1 month absence, totally random.

Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Apr 17, 2015, 07:43 AM Local time: Apr 17, 2015, 02:43 PM 1 #14 of 23
2 points: Azurite Dance - Transcending Time, Returning to the Sky
2 points: MOGRAPPER - WITH MY PARTY CREW!! - Funk It Mix
1 point: PHANTASY STAR 1st Series Complete Album - Illustration Gallery: PS II
1 point: Shinobi X (Game Rip) - Samurai Residence (Stage 4)

Hey guys, sorry I've been neglecting this for a while. I'm down with whatever you plan to do. We could move to another forum if there would be more activity for SotW. Didn't we used to have sister threads over at STC?

I was hoping we could at least make it to Week 300 before retiring this thing, unless there's a significant spike in interest in the coming weeks.

And here's something:

Jolteon

Member 35682

Level 17.53

Apr 2010

Old Apr 18, 2015, 12:23 AM #15 of 23
I LOVE THE MAgic School Bus Human Body soundtrack, that game gave me nightmares for over a decade for various reasons but the soundtrack has some awesome midi jazz fusion all over and that is my jam~!!!!!! (also creepy post-tonal dissonant prog weirdness all over which is ALSO my jam~)

Also the artist is Jared Faber though I'm not sure if I can find a source on that other than this and like the in-game credits or something Jared Faber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was actually thinking of nominating another one of his midi jazz fusion endeavors from one of the other games he did a soundtrack in of a similar style sometime because his stuff in that category is great!!!!

FELIPE NO
time

Last edited by Jolteon; Apr 18, 2015 at 12:26 AM.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2015, 02:23 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2015, 05:23 PM #16 of 23
Poor SotW ;___;

Real life gets in the way of my online video game music forum engagement massively these days, and I can't see that becoming less of a thing. I think there was an unfortunate snowball effect here as well: I started to lose interest when other people started to leave/lose interest.

If people became engaged once again then I'd probably be more likely to put the time aside to contribute. So maybe it is worth seeing if there's another, more active forum this could move to?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
PiratePrince
You're fine!

Member 31306

Level 25.30

Jul 2008

Old Apr 18, 2015, 02:27 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2015, 12:27 AM #17 of 23
Yeah, people are busy. Plus, the place is just so slow lately which prolly makes people who do have interest check in less frequently. Plus it seems impossible to get new people to come and actually stay. Let's put a SOTW ad on billboards.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:50 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2015, 08:50 PM 1 #18 of 23
I know I'm not active any more, but I still download the nominees every week (I believe I have every song ever nominated). As long as they come eventually, I'll be satisfied. =}

Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2015, 12:55 PM Local time: May 2, 2015, 01:55 AM 1 #19 of 23
Yeah, Real Life does get in the way - going to university, getting a job, dating, getting married, having kids, family matters, growing up/old etc.

I'm also guessing Facebook has been distracting a lot of people as well (oh, I need to post that new selfie! Eh, wait, I haven't updated my status on my awesome dinner. And I nearly forgot to upload the photos!?! Oh yeah, I need to wish XYZ Happy Birthday too! And add that new friend I don't even know, and post that incredible quote I saw the other day. But before that I need to let my great pals know my dog was chasing its tail like it was trying to tell me something really important...and...and...). Good thing I'm not too obsessed over it. :P

But I'm still keen on SotW - it's a great source of new VGM for me. And I still do listen to VGM very often. I don't always have a track to nominate and may sometimes forget to participate, but I still like to listen to new tunes and vote.

Are there other VGM forums to go to though?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Opfer
nice

Member 28563

Level 18.16

Mar 2008

Old May 3, 2015, 09:54 AM Local time: May 3, 2015, 04:54 PM #20 of 23
I really like Song of the Week and would probably take part more or less regularly if there was more activity. I guess it's just that internet forums in general and internet forums that don't have a specialized topic in particular are dying. But I'm not sure where something like Song of the Week could be moved though, given that it is pretty niche. The gamemusic subreddit maybe? But then again, people on reddit really only click on links and are usually not interested in anything that requires participation.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2015, 03:53 PM Local time: May 3, 2015, 12:53 PM #21 of 23
Yeah I'm not super impressed by the engagement over at the gamemusic subreddit, although almost all the posts there are just a link to a song on YouTube. They do a thing called Theme Thursdays where posters dump a bunch of songs according to a theme and they get about 10–15 responses usually, so maybe it could work?

Aside from that, I'm not sure we have any other great options that'd be willing to host us with our direct music downloads. Soundtrack Central, which we already bailed out of once because no one was participating? FFShrine (lmao)?

Undertale (PC, 2015)
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2015, 04:29 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2015, 05:29 PM #22 of 23
I thought there was some sort of issue with FFS. ^^; But I think that was from years and years ago and I'm not sure if it's still relevant.

The reddit channel does look like it's a listing of links to tracks. Still, there are participants so maybe worth a look? Have to go create an account; have only browsed reddit game topics, never participated.

I don't know of other game music discussion sites that would be ok with SotW, I'm afraid. I stumbled on vgmrips earlier today. They appear to have a somewhat active forum. But have some reservations as they don't appear to be into VGM discussion except on game rips (mainly on ripping, I think). I'm also a bit unclear about some of their forum rules and don't know the workings of that forum. It's also focused on older VGM (they have a very cool VGM selection though).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Elorin; Jun 1, 2015 at 04:33 AM.
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2015, 03:54 PM #23 of 23
Whew, just got my votes in.

(3 points) Azurite Dance - Transcending Time, Returning to the Sky
(1 point) Chill SQ - Live A Live ~WARM A LIVE~LIVE OVER AGAIN
(1 point) MOGRAPPER - WITH MY PARTY CREW!! - Funk It Mix
(1 point) Shinobi X (Game Rip) - Samurai Residence (Stage 4)

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 291 Voting/WEEK 292 Nominating