Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Cheap, cheating games. ARGALJKAGE RUBBERBANDING BULLSHIT

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2008, 08:56 PM #51 of 70
Something I noticed about Mario Kart games. The farther you are behind, the higher chance you have of getting better items. I found that I got lightning bolts very often when I was in 7th or 8th place.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2008, 11:10 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2008, 11:10 PM #52 of 70
Something I noticed about Mario Kart games. The farther you are behind, the higher chance you have of getting better items. I found that I got lightning bolts very often when I was in 7th or 8th place.
That's cause first place does not deserve good items. In ANY Mario Kart game, regardless of how good you are at turning or whatever. Comps will drive faster then you(Aka seeing Bowser get hit by a item and drive off like it was nothing.) and so much more. I didn't even bother beating DD all the way due to it being stupid. MK64 was cheap cause if you didn't see someoen 'fall' off or 'get hit' by an item. They automatically recovered.

Yeah SC games were bullshit in that, espeically gotta love the prediction moves in weapon master mode. I basically had to spam/keep away from the comp using Klik/Ivy just so I wouldn't get hit.

Oh and note on UT series. You ever notice that around the 3rd hardest bots or higher, they tend to hack? I mean instantly know where your game is pointing/will shoot. Know where you are and get instant HS and all that jazz. Only in the first UT was Godlike actually balance were they were hard but not too hard. Though then again in the first UT, it was easy to play insta gib 1v7 matches on godlike and easily win.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2008, 11:50 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2008, 09:50 PM #53 of 70
The stun is a counter move. You can also just sidewalk his fireball and kill him. If anything is cheap, it's his i11 WGF and his unblockable hug that sucks your life.
Odd. But then, I absolutely SUCK at the game. I've seen a lot of people play it at the arcade, though, and they're pretty damn good at the game. I think that a few actually entered tourneys and did fairly decently.

The only reason I brought it up is because the thread reminded me of Jinpachi, lol.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:20 AM #54 of 70
That's cause first place does not deserve good items. In ANY Mario Kart game, regardless of how good you are at turning or whatever. Comps will drive faster then you(Aka seeing Bowser get hit by a item and drive off like it was nothing.) and so much more. I didn't even bother beating DD all the way due to it being stupid. MK64 was cheap cause if you didn't see someoen 'fall' off or 'get hit' by an item. They automatically recovered.

Yeah SC games were bullshit in that, espeically gotta love the prediction moves in weapon master mode. I basically had to spam/keep away from the comp using Klik/Ivy just so I wouldn't get hit.

Oh and note on UT series. You ever notice that around the 3rd hardest bots or higher, they tend to hack? I mean instantly know where your game is pointing/will shoot. Know where you are and get instant HS and all that jazz. Only in the first UT was Godlike actually balance were they were hard but not too hard. Though then again in the first UT, it was easy to play insta gib 1v7 matches on godlike and easily win.
I usually didn't play beyond 'Adept' difficulty in UT games, as that was usually around my level of ability to be challenging but still winnable.

As for Mario Kart, you know how in DD (though this isn't necessarily true of just DD) when you run a circuit that certain pairs are always the ones you're going to have to fight for the top spot(s)? The worst is when one or more of those are characters in heavier karts. You get anywhere near them and they will just swerve all over the place without losing any speed just to keep you from passing them. Stuff like that made playing with a lighter kart nigh impossible; you just get knocked around (or off in some cases) way too much.

About equally infuriating is how you can get hit by shells as much as four times in a row before you can even get moving again. I've had stuff like that happen, and then have insult added to injury by getting rammed off the course, hit with a lightning bolt, etc. I hate how you have hardly any defense in 1st with how frequently some CPU will pull a lightning bolt or blue shell outta their bum. It's not like you'd have nothing to worry about otherwise when the first few people behind you are chucking red shells.

EDIT: ....Wow. How on earth could I forget the NES version of Ninja Gaiden? There was enough cheap stuff in that game that most of you are probably well aware of that it could make Gandhi throw the controller. Some of the most annoying enemies in the world that would always be there no matter how many times you approached their spawn spot. And some places it's like, if you don't have the precision of a brain surgeon, you're going to miss hitting this baddie midair, get hit, and fall to your death. Fail enough and they'll throw you clear back at the very start of that level.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Josiah; Apr 25, 2008 at 01:45 PM.
Garnet
Princess. ;d

Member 16676

Level 6.41

Dec 2006

Old Apr 25, 2008, 07:19 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2008, 06:19 PM #55 of 70
Most RPG games,I can get really annoyed at while fighting enemies,mostly bosses. I HATE IT when they go out of turn. Now I know some bosses are meant to go out of turn,but some aren't and still seem to. Once they've gone 5 times in a row then you go 1 time and they go 3 more times...that can get really annoying and most often spells game over. Sometimes you can get to the same boss, and he will act right. But I guess when he's having a bad day,he has to take it out on your party. ;(

Then there's those I HIT HIM I KNOW I DID times when I know for a fact I hit that stupid guy, but he just won't take damage! I was getting so fed up with fighting Dark Link in Ocarina of Time when I replay it recently. I know I hit him. I know I did.

Most amazing jew boots
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 06:32 PM #56 of 70
Odd. But then, I absolutely SUCK at the game. I've seen a lot of people play it at the arcade, though, and they're pretty damn good at the game. I think that a few actually entered tourneys and did fairly decently.

The only reason I brought it up is because the thread reminded me of Jinpachi, lol.

I really only threw that out there as advice more than anything. Jinpachi is definitely a cheap bastard.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 07:17 PM #57 of 70
Now that I think about RPGS, one game comes to mind. I'm talking about Beyond the Beyond.

At first it isn't so bad. But then you reach a certain point (shortly after you have Samson added) in which the enemies just pound you into oblivion. I think it was a group of mages that are the best example. They pound my team with a spell that knocks half of them dizzy so that they need a turn to get some LP's to get some HP's. By the time they do that, the other half of my team is knocked dizzy, and heck, some of those who got some of their HP's back are also knocked dizzy. And it's not like I wasn't one of those who wouldn't spend time to build up his guys....eesh.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 09:20 PM #58 of 70
Add one to the list: Need for Speed: Most Wanted. If you're just behind someone heading into a 90 degree turn and they hit the brakes, you will be forced to a dead stop.

How ya doing, buddy?

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2008, 06:22 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2008, 11:22 AM #59 of 70
Add one to the list: Need for Speed: Most Wanted. If you're just behind someone heading into a 90 degree turn and they hit the brakes, you will be forced to a dead stop.
That's not really the AI cheating, that's crappy gameplay mechanics or a poor physics model. That'd be cheating if the AI purposefully/magically got in front of you then slammed on the breaks (which I don't recall ever happening in Most Wanted).

Most amazing jew boots
Kanzaki
Chocobo

Member 16476

Level 9.00

Dec 2006

Old Apr 28, 2008, 06:40 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2008, 06:40 PM #60 of 70
Yeah, but if you do that against the computer nothing happens, I mean I remember throwing a lot o shells to the computer and they do not stop, its like the shell disappears, not fair, cause if you are in 1st place you get loads of blue shells...shot at you

How ya doing, buddy?
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2008, 06:55 PM #61 of 70
Yeah, but if you do that against the computer nothing happens, I mean I remember throwing a lot o shells to the computer and they do not stop, its like the shell disappears, not fair, cause if you are in 1st place you get loads of blue shells...shot at you
Heck I remember getting hit by a blue shell when I was in 2nd place because I was in the path of it hitting the AI that was in first place.

"Out thought and out fought."
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2008, 07:06 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2008, 06:06 PM #62 of 70
What? Yes they do. Watch the mini map. Fire a blue shell and WHAM. They get spun around and stopped.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

OZZcln
Fallen Angel

Member 645

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:38 PM Local time: Apr 29, 2008, 10:38 PM #63 of 70
Monster hunter......and any wyvern on it. Anyone who has played ,I'm sure you've experienced the "toenail of death" from azure rathalos. That moment when he's turning around and a combination of dirt hitting your eyes and his toenail grazing you, that results in one hit ko. Stupid. I think that is one of the cheapest games ever at moments. I think every monster on there, can at any given time, decide they want you dead and cheat to do so. Like knock you down, wait when you're just about to get up, then attack and do that until you are dead. There is also those cheap combos you can get stuck with if you are unprepared: Gravios' Roar+beam combo. Rajang punch combo (I've had him completely miss me with the punches,then he decided to hit the ground at the end of it to stun me then one hit kill me) Anything involving Rathian's backflip and a wall behind you....the list can go on and on.

FELIPE NO
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2008, 07:39 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2008, 01:39 PM #64 of 70
Monster hunter......and any wyvern on it. Anyone who has played ,I'm sure you've experienced the "toenail of death" from azure rathalos. That moment when he's turning around and a combination of dirt hitting your eyes and his toenail grazing you, that results in one hit ko. Stupid. I think that is one of the cheapest games ever at moments. I think every monster on there, can at any given time, decide they want you dead and cheat to do so. Like knock you down, wait when you're just about to get up, then attack and do that until you are dead. There is also those cheap combos you can get stuck with if you are unprepared: Gravios' Roar+beam combo. Rajang punch combo (I've had him completely miss me with the punches,then he decided to hit the ground at the end of it to stun me then one hit kill me) Anything involving Rathian's backflip and a wall behind you....the list can go on and on.
Again I think you're confusing bad gameplay mechanics with cheating. Proper cheating is where the computer completely ignores the limitations placed on you by the physics model or whatever in order to win. Guile doing insta-sonic booms is cheating as you have to charge them up when you do them yourself. Guile blocking every move you make wouldn't be cheating technically as you could do that yourself, assuming you had the reactions of a ninja master...

How ya doing, buddy?
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2008, 08:06 AM #65 of 70
I'd cite Mario Kart again, but for a different reason.

Maybe it's just me, and maybe it's just Mario Kart DS, but when I first played the Grand Prix, once I got up to 150cc and Mirror Mode, there were always 2 CPU karts that were flat out cheating. Not even with the items that's been cited, these two karts simply had better everything than you. Light karts suddenly get ridiculous top speeds, and I've seen Bowser drift ridiculous hairpin turns (with a boost coming out of it, to boot). Speaking of boosts, the previously said CPU karts can do them nearly instantly. If you follow behind a CPU kart, you can see their boost on a quick turn, changes almost instantly from Yellow to Red with a split second of blue in between. Speaking of drifting, these karts also seem to break speed limits (as imposed by the kart and character) when drifting, usually somehow going faster than the big guys on straight roads, which has always confused me.

In order to beat the higher levels and mirror on cups like Special Cup (usually the one containing Rainbow Road), I pretty much had to hope to god that these two karts were heavy people (Bowser, DK, or Wario) or at the very least not light people. Even if these light karts spin out, they have crazy acceleration so hitting things have much less effect on them.

Most amazing jew boots

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2008, 04:14 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2008, 02:14 PM #66 of 70
Has anyone even played Urban Reign?

Shit is so terrible. A hundred missions. Mission 20 things go batshit since enemies can beat you mercilessly, counter EVERY move you can dish and enemies outnumber you by what, sometimes 5:1.

And the worst part? You have to endure this shit for 80 more levels.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 05:29 AM #67 of 70
Has anyone even played Urban Reign?

Shit is so terrible. A hundred missions. Mission 20 things go batshit since enemies can beat you mercilessly, counter EVERY move you can dish and enemies outnumber you by what, sometimes 5:1.

And the worst part? You have to endure this shit for 80 more levels.
For some reason (temporary insanity) I tortured myself through 90 missions of that game and got utterly destroyed by that monkey, Golem. I couldn't even put up a challenge. I'd barely take off 1/4 of his health and he'd just slam me against walls and activate his goddamn super armor... ARGH!!! *bangs head on wall*

The icing on the cake is that you fight him 2 times earlier in the game, and one of those times he has 3 people with him. He hardly put up a challenge then! That fucker must've injected roids through his eyeballs or something.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Manny Biggz; May 8, 2008 at 05:32 AM.
indutrial
Mind Candy

Member 2089

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:34 PM #68 of 70
Somebody mentioned Goldeneye, and I have to call bullshit on the AI in Rare's N64 game, Conker's Bad Fur Day. Whenever you try to play the computer in multiplayer death-match/capture the flag/etc..., they instantly grab one-shot kill weapons and head-shot the living fuck out of you for the remainder of the match. Their sniper-rifle accuracy is dead-on even on "average" difficulty. It's even more insulting when the shot is fired massively far away so that your character is out of ear-shot and voila, his head bursts into pieces out of nowhere.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"Hey, I calls them as I sees them. I'm a whale biologist!" ~ Whale Biologist, Futurama

"I do not know what tomorrow will bring. I can only be aware of what is true for me today. That is the truth which I am called upon to serve, and I serve it with full consciousness." ~ Igor Stravinsky
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2008, 05:14 AM Local time: Jun 25, 2008, 11:14 AM #69 of 70
GRID Racing Driver has some pretty heavy rubber banding going on. If you're out front, the AI cars tend to keep up-ish never really falling more than a couple of seconds behind. I believe this is entirely intentional though to keep the races interesting. GRID is all about racing other cars, not beating lap times per-se and the flashback feature means if you fuck up a corner you can always get another go at it. Also, the rubber banding is turned off completely on savage, extreme and ninja difficulty so if you're a decent driver you can win those races fair and square by quite a margin. Essentially the harder difficulties are for racing purists who want the challenge of other drivers taking a proper racing line and the easier settings are for people who want to see all the cars in the race get smashed up. The only time the rubber-banding becomes annoying is on the Le-Mans 24 races where because most of the track is so fast, if you fuck up, you're quickly left behind and the rubber-banding is pretty much one way only and you can never catch up. The Le Mans races can in fact be easier on the higher skill levels because you can lose the chasing pack, giving you more room for error. The downside is that you get fewer Flashbacks so mistakes can end in race over, rather than losing a few places.

Bloggs
Gold Chocobo

Member 501

Level 30.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2008, 07:24 AM Local time: Jun 25, 2008, 12:24 PM #70 of 70
GRID Racing Driver has some pretty heavy rubber banding going on. If you're out front, the AI cars tend to keep up-ish never really falling more than a couple of seconds behind.
That's the same shit with Burnout. You'll use your boost and think you're miles ahead but look behind you (with caution) and they're still visible. It's like they use boost when you do.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Cheap, cheating games. ARGALJKAGE RUBBERBANDING BULLSHIT