Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] The Super Smash Brothers "Nice Try Mom" Appreciation Station

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2014, 07:10 PM 4 #1 of 48
The Super Smash Brothers "Nice Try Mom" Appreciation Station

SMASH IS OUT BITCHES. In this, the year of our Lord MMXIV, we have a new and amazing Smash game.

[Placeholder for relevant text here]

We need to organize a gathering for when we're gonna do Smash here. Maybe we could alternate Smash and Kart weeks? Or would that be too complicated for us to figure out.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

#654: Braixen
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2014, 08:43 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2014, 07:43 PM #2 of 48
Kart supports way more players online than Smash does, alternating those weeks would not work out so hot because on the smash stuff you'd have to break into a bunch of smaller groups. And once you start splitting it to every other week, more people will fall in and out as scheduling gets forgotten and/or confused.

I say keep karting weeks, there's a large enough contingent to keep that alive and most can play at the same time. Smash deserves it's own time, although it's far more agreeable to pick up matches and whatnot too.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2014, 08:45 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2014, 01:45 AM 1 #3 of 48
Only problem with replacing Kart with Smash is Kart can do 12 players, Smash can only do 4 and we'd have to split into subgroups or manual manage rotation which sounds like a load of ballache waiting to happen.

I reckon we can just sort ad hoc sessions as and when people are about. Shouldn't be too hard with chat and Skype to just get a couple of people on playing.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2014, 09:03 PM #4 of 48
It'll probably be much more manageable once tournament mode is released, but I'd still be down for this.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:14 PM 1 #5 of 48
I honestly don't think I've laughed so hard in months when I played tonight with Tails, Garr and Qwarky. I'm actually kind of salty it's not recorded.

ayyyyyyyyyyyy

How ya doing, buddy?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 30, 2014, 06:56 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2014, 01:56 PM #6 of 48
I had to save the replay of the R.O.B. match cause I just lost it by the time he was flexing. Couldn't see for most of the match following it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2014, 04:47 PM 2 #7 of 48

DUCK HUNT MASTER RACE

FELIPE NO

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:48 PM 3 #8 of 48
Well there wasn't really anyone on today for Mario Kart so there was a little Smashing going on.

It started with just me and Acer, then Tritoch and Turbo joined in. When Acer left to go eat, Hawkeye took his place.

Acer streamed a good portion of it: http://www.hitbox.tv/video/378839

I stayed a little longer after Acer left, but recorded all of the action locally.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

How ya doing, buddy?
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2015, 09:07 AM 4 #9 of 48
So after the weekly Mario Kart shenanigans yesterday, there was some smashing amongst myself, Acer, Tails, and CHz.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2015, 09:34 PM #11 of 48
Tails and I had the most insane run last night, we saved a bunch of replays he'll have to upload at some point. Like I probably saw 5+ of the stupidest matches I have ever seen in Smash all in this one 4 hour sitting, it was insane. At one point we had three Shulks with no shirts, and another time 3 Villagers, and almost everyone was completely incompetent. It was amazing.

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2015, 04:56 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2015, 01:56 PM #12 of 48
Here are a few random shitcam Smash videos. Tails wanted to see one in particular, so I recorded that and a couple others. No audio commentary because I'm not funny.

YouTube Video
This one is a really poor match where me and a rando play badly and lose. I saved it though because the Shulk on the other team only knows how to use BACKSLASH. I mean, it's a valid strategy so I can't really make fun of him for that.

But what I can make fun of him for is the part at 1:15 when he uses BACKSLASH even though no one is anywhere near him and then I poke him through the floor, THREE TIMES IN A ROW. I was hoping he would keep trying it forever, but alas.

YouTube Video
22:51 <@CHz> Checking my replays, found one from a few weeks ago I didn't title
22:51 <@CHz> Me and you are on the same team, both Charizards
22:51 <@CHz> "uh oh"

For a fun game, take a drink every time Tails or I use Flare Blitz. You may want to alert 911 ahead of time. Spoiler: It's something like 28 successful ones and another 7 attempts that are canceled because of damage, and then 3 in sudden death. Also I celebrate beasting sudden death by taking a nap.

YouTube Video
Watch the first ten seconds of this one very carefully. Bowser makes a poor decision in an air attack and breaks the bridge, plummeting to his death. Meanwhile, the Marth on the bridge falls too and is unable to recover because both Tails and I are filling the air above him with fire.

Neither of them recorded a kill and both quit after the match. I don't think they were pleased.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2015, 06:35 PM #13 of 48
Ahahah that Charizard match. Just how drunk was I?

The Charizard/Sheik one is so fucking ACE though god damn. They couldn't kill me and it was incredible.

I was speaking idiomatically.

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2015, 05:13 PM 1 #14 of 48
Welp, I've officially joined the Amiibo family.

Interesting note, I got a text message yesterday saying that Sonic would be available Wednesday afternoon. My mom went to pick these up at around 1pm and they had both Sonic and Ike in but I was never notified about my Ike pre-order. Apparently, our Gamestop had 7 pre-orders for Ike but only received 5 and Nintendo was going to do another wave of them at some point.

So, it was a first come first serve deal and I ended up being one of the first.

How ya doing, buddy?
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2015, 06:32 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2015, 03:32 PM 2 #15 of 48
Another month, another set of awfully-recorded replays.

YouTube Video
Olimar is probably my worst character, which is saying a lot because I'm bad with every character. I only recorded this one for the first bit.

20:12 <@CHz> AHAHAHAHA that suicide
20:12 <@CHz> eat it
20:12 <+GROUDON> I totally knew I was gonna die but I wanted to see how many times I could air slash you
20:12 <+GROUDON> fucking dying
20:12 <@CHz> The answer: all of the times

(Still died less than Little Mac)

YouTube Video
I never play Little Mac so I legit was just trying out his moves in the start of this match, which is why I never figure out how to use the KO Uppercut. Doesn't matter, this is the flattest stage in the game so fists reign supreme.

Both of our opponents quit after this match. Probably because there was unbearable lag, but let's say it was because we punched them out of the lobby.

YouTube Video
Jigglypuff sleep duels might be my new favorite thing in the entire world. Special cameo by Skills in this vid.

FELIPE NO
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2015, 08:49 PM #16 of 48
AIR SLASH
AIR SLASH
AIR SLASH

fucking dying that was so dumb

JESUS this second replay ahahaha Falcon Smash yessssss

MOVES STATUS: SHOWN

Jigglypuff duels literally the dumbest thing ahahah

How ya doing, buddy?

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2015, 09:23 PM #17 of 48
SO...MUCH...RESTING! PING!!!

Also, that is one deadly Shulk from the first vid.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:27 AM 1 #18 of 48
Oh since we're posting vids I might as well throw a few recent ones.

I've taken to playing 2v2s with some of the folks over at SA, which wouldn't be all that notable if not for three things: Friendly Fire, Custom Moves, and some Custom Stages. I don't save as many matches as I should but here's a few from our session a few nights ago.

My partner the whole night was Ness, and I'm not entirely used to playing alongside Ness mains but I think we got pretty good by the end. One guy was using a custom Donkey Kong moveset that's pretty fierce and probably could have been better used:

Match 1

and then the rematch:

Match 2

Our final match of the night someone broke out a custom Megaman, which was pretty neat:

Match 3

And on to random silly shit, playing Little Mac against randoms is still hilarious

PUNCH

EVEN MORE PUNCHING

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Tails; Mar 31, 2015 at 09:00 PM.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2015, 08:13 PM 3 #19 of 48
Played a little Smash after today's Mario Karting. Starring Tails, CHz, Qwarky, and myself.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2015, 04:38 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2015, 01:38 PM 2 #20 of 48
After watching Tails's amazing last set of videos (dude you undersell yourself hard, you were trading even damage with that Falco), I had probably the worst idea of my entire life:

03:00 <&CHz> Tails
03:00 <&CHz> This weekend, you and me
03:00 <&CHz> We're going to Smash, and we're going to play Little Mac the whole time
03:01 <~MY_MIXTAPE_IS_EVOLVING> lmao
03:01 <~MY_MIXTAPE_IS_EVOLVING> PUNCH
03:02 <&CHz> I've been doing this for an hour and god damned if it isn't actually hilarious
03:02 <~MY_MIXTAPE_IS_EVOLVING> Hahahahah yessssss
03:02 <~MY_MIXTAPE_IS_EVOLVING> It is a riot. People will probably leave a lot but it's fun so who cares
03:03 <&CHz> They do that when we play anyway.

Welcome to Punchtown, U.S.A.

YouTube Video
First match of the night was also the one we got the most kills in: 7 total over two minutes, which is pretty good. Both opponents immediately quit.

You know how I said that our opponents usually quit when Tails and I fuck around in Smash? Normally they last 5-10 games with us before they get sick of our bullshit, but this time after every single game at least one person would leave. This is the power of punch.

YouTube Video
Look at this impostor punchist and his inferior punchism. He failed, as he was fated.

YouTube Video
Behold the clutchest punch of all time. We both totally lost our shit on Skype when Tails punched the Final Smash out of Lucina with a KO Uppercut.

It doesn't matter that Lucina regrabbed the Final Smash immediately. It doesn't even matter that we lost the game. This punch is one for the ages.

YouTube Video
We'd been waiting the whole night for the boxing ring stage. It took us an hour, but we finally got it. The battle was hard, featuring a Diddy who wasn't completely terrible at everything, but in the end punch was victorious.

We tried to keep playing, but halfway through the next game, I briefly disconnected. Then, we were unable to get into the same room again, so we called it a night.

Our final game was a Little Mac victory in the boxing ring. This was destiny. Punchifest destiny.

Also, how pro was that Cucco catch?

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 8, 2015, 05:08 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2015, 12:08 AM 4 #21 of 48

I was speaking idiomatically.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2015, 04:56 AM 2 #22 of 48
The sickest kill I've ever gotten in my Smash career

YouTube Video

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Tails; Mar 31, 2015 at 09:00 PM.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2015, 08:55 PM 1 #23 of 48
Some recent things to add here. I played a bit with my buddy that joins us for Mario Kart occasionally. He's actually better at Smash than he is Kart:

Us kicking butt

and sometimes we pull off the most amazing shit

BACKSLASH + COUNTER = LOL

or he just walks into something terrible

So incredibly owned

Bonus:

The worst DeDeDe player I have ever seen

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Tails; Mar 31, 2015 at 08:58 PM.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2015, 07:27 PM 1 #24 of 48
I wish I could record the Skype call, the sequence of events was great.

Daravon: "Oh god damn it the fucking net"
Me: "aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAA GET OUT"

YouTube Video

Most amazing jew boots

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2015, 09:51 PM 1 #25 of 48
YouTube Video

[21:42] <Roflfox> ahaahahahahahahahah
[21:42] <Caithness> you spiked your own teammate
[21:42] <Roflfox> I was going for Waver I am so sorry
[21:42] <Roflfox> but that was hilarious
[21:43] <Roflfox> Promise I will spike you less in the future

Tags
"Eat my ass! Eat it!", "I wish I loved anything in my life as much as you love punching shit" - Daravon, "Nice try mom- OH SHIT" - Garr, Ayyyyyy lmao, ayyyyyyyy, embrace bumper hell, GET MOM'D, I mashed when I should have smashed, jesus take the wheel, Mom, smashing after dark

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Attention] The Super Smash Brothers "Nice Try Mom" Appreciation Station