Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] Let's Sub the Symphonic Fantasies Concert!

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:24 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2009, 12:24 AM #1 of 3
Let's Sub the Symphonic Fantasies Concert!

The Symphonic Fantasies Concert recently held in Germany was full of win and awesome. We have high-quality streaming movies from the net - most of the emceeing and commentary was in German, and the vocals were in Latin.

Are you interested in having a subtitled version? More importantly, are you interested enough to chip in and help make it happen?

As I first mentioned in my post on the Symphonic Fantasies thread, here's a mockup and a demo video on how the output will look like:

This content has been hidden by the poster
So, what do we need?

Perhaps the most important are people who can do translationfrom German to English, and Latin to English. It'd be nice to identify all the songs used in the segments, so someone who can identify the original track files will be helpful. Any translation needs editors to ensure proper localization and smooth reading in English.

Of course, the basic grunt work of man
ually timing the movies, as well as encoding the final output will be needed, although I think I have it covered.

While the sources are great material, there seems to be a problem with the Chrono Trigger/Cross segment at the end of Part 2.asf. There are a few very audible skips, perhaps because of transmission issues. If someone is able to grab hold of a non-skipped movie, it'll be nice to have!

tl;dr:
Wanna sub Symphonic Fantasies? Need TRANSLATORS (German-English, Latin-English) and EDITORS familiar with both languages on board. Also prefer a nice copy of PART 2.asf since my copy skips at the end.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
slayer25k
MIMIMIN!MIMIMIN!USAMIN!!

Member 9135

Level 22.15

Jun 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 01:30 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 07:30 PM #2 of 3
I'd like to volunteer as a German-English translator -
Editing could be possible too, but I'm lacking proper programs and experience to provide satisfying results (probably).

There's nowhere I can't reach.

And to every Nana its prey...
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 07:19 PM Local time: Sep 16, 2009, 08:19 AM #3 of 3
Timing is done using a program called Aegisub. But you don't really have to use that if you don't want to, since providing translations in the form of a Notepad file will be sufficient for our purposes.

For the editing part, it may be necessary to do this within Aegisub, since I am not at all familiar with German and will probably have problems timing this to the translated script.

Do hold off on any translation till we finalize the files we're gonna work with though. First item on the agenda after that would be to provide a small-sized file for us to work with. (Overly huge files like the HQ streams may cause your computer to choke.)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [Attention] Let's Sub the Symphonic Fantasies Concert!