Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Dune 12. Er... Red Alert 3 even.

Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:16 PM 1 #1 of 14
Dune 12. Er... Red Alert 3 even.

That is all... aside from the linkage, that is.

How ya doing, buddy?
Grilled Carrots
Chocobo

Member 26049

Level 13.98

Nov 2007

Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:35 PM Local time: Feb 15, 2008, 10:35 PM #2 of 14
Do Want!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
MKfan
Finish him...friendship...friend ship !!

Member 27155

Level 2.86

Dec 2007

Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:32 AM Local time: Feb 18, 2008, 05:32 PM #3 of 14
I hope that RA3 will be a nice addition to the series.
Looking forward to it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:50 AM Local time: Feb 18, 2008, 05:50 PM 1 #4 of 14
That has to be one of the worst opening posts to a gaming thread I've ever seen and the two subsequent ones weren't much better. If all Red Alert fans are as taciturn as you lot this thread will be purged by the fires of righteous mod anger sooner rather than later. You have been warned.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 18, 2008, 09:24 PM #5 of 14
Tesla BOATS?! This series is jumping the shark.

I was speaking idiomatically.
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:05 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2008, 11:05 AM #6 of 14
At least its not Tesla Shark! Anywho releasing this game would be catastrophic if they decide to compete with starcraft.

Although Its good we'll get a new red alert, command and conquer isn't my thing.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Grilled Carrots
Chocobo

Member 26049

Level 13.98

Nov 2007

Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:23 PM Local time: Feb 18, 2008, 09:23 PM #7 of 14
At least its not Tesla Shark! Anywho releasing this game would be catastrophic if they decide to compete with starcraft.

Although Its good we'll get a new red alert, command and conquer isn't my thing.

Do want much more.

FELIPE NO
ApOkwARG
IDDQD

Member 23708

Level 7.77

Aug 2007

Old Feb 20, 2008, 08:19 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 03:19 AM #8 of 14
CNC3 was pretty good but it seriously lacked Westwood quality. It was to be expected with EA behind it and all but it was a good first attempt. Hopefully they learned from the experience and maybe RA3 will turn out to be a even greater game. Tesla and Armored bears! But I still miss Frank Klepacki

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 04:51 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 10:51 PM #9 of 14
CNC3 was pretty good but it seriously lacked Westwood quality. It was to be expected with EA behind it and all but it was a good first attempt. Hopefully they learned from the experience and maybe RA3 will turn out to be a even greater game. Tesla and Armored bears! But I still miss Frank Klepacki
word. I just hope Bears will be uber epic units that can maul bases. BEAR CAVALRY. YOU ARE FUCKED.

But who cares, it all depends on wether Frank Klepacki composes Hell March 3 for the game. If he doesn't, the game will suck. If he does, the game will be good.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 05:06 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 10:06 PM #10 of 14
So fucking psyched for this. Not sure about how much I like the art style - if it was my decision, they'd go back to the slightly serious style of the original RA - but the game itself is looking sick as hell.

I hope the system requirements aren't something crazy. Any word as to the engine yet?

(and yes, hell march 3 sweet godshite the thought of it is intense)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 05:46 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 11:46 PM #11 of 14
Don't get psyched, prolly some noname artist will do the music. Either that or Frank Klepacki from the previous games, and then we are set.

But as a non-fanboy... the game looks incredibly stupid right now, judging from the magazine screenshots. Theres a 3d Kirov and a bunch of units from Generals, and the tesla ships (which is completely idiotic imo).

How ya doing, buddy?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 04:57 AM Local time: Feb 22, 2008, 09:57 AM #12 of 14
I've played a few RA2 mods which added Tesla boats. They were fun. Here's hoping they're not ballsed up here.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 01:17 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2008, 01:17 AM #13 of 14
Because of the fact that EA has boned all the other ones (including the upcoming "Renegades 2" Tiberium), I've lost faith in these games.

Westwood is gone, so is the quality of this series.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2008, 11:55 AM #14 of 14
The official site has been revamped recently; with the promise of detailed unit information later this week. In the meantime, enjoy some speculation based on what exists thus far in said site:
  • Guardian tank (Allies): I suspect this to behave similar to Guardian GIs, and thus, the tick tank from Tiberian Sun;
  • the Soviet unit roster seems to no longer include attack dogs - perhaps their niche has been filled by the war bears;
  • Javelin trooper (Allies): updated Guardian GI;
  • cryocopter (Allies): oh, _this_ should be fun. This unit might have a freeze gun similar to what is seen in Assault Heroes 2 (or weilded by a certain doctor over in the DC universe). This will probably slow whatever it hits; continued exposure will freeze it solid, at which point, in addition to being unable to act, it might be brittle (that is, takes much more damage than normal from enemy fire). Almost certain to have the same target-fixation issue as chrono legionnaires;
  • all three factions have engineers, but the Soviets' is specifically noted as a combat engineer. Whether this means he carries a sidearm (see: Steel Talons, Harkonnen) or can repair vehicles ala a repair-IFV is not known at present;
  • Multigunner IFV (Allies): suspected to come in somewhere between the RA2/YR IFVs and the battle fortress;
  • attack drones (Allies): almost certainly Predator analogues - fragile, but fast and cheap. Not clear at this point whether their weapons loadout is solely anti-ground;
  • King Oni (Empire): yes, that's right, the Empire of the Rising Sun fields mecha! Two varieties seem to exist - a basic white one, and a red one with shoulder-mounted missile or rocket packs;
  • Sea Wing (Empire): appears to be a fast-attack submarine. Could be a dual-mode vehicle in the mold of the SHARC...
  • Twinblade (Soviet): yes, it's an attack helicopter. Oddly enough, uses the Flettner intermeshing rotor layout (see also: Cobra's Mamba) as opposed to the coaxial setup seen in Kamov's designs.

Most amazing jew boots
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Dune 12. Er... Red Alert 3 even.