Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Put All Audio Questions Here

seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 05:35 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2006, 12:35 AM #1 of 252
Originally Posted by soniclover
Okay, to continue my question off

So, when you convert an a file format to another. Do you lose quality or anything?

Like Converting a WAV file to an Mp3 file.
You will lose quality if you convert a .wav file into .mp3. This is the whole point with a format such as MP3. Lesser quality, smaller file.

Basicly, unless you convert a file from one lossless format to another you will always loose in quality when converting audio files.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:03 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2007, 07:03 AM #2 of 252
Does anyone know how to extract music from a DVD?
I use Imtoo's DVD Audio Ripper (Free Download) for this. Pretty straight forward and easy program to use.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2007, 04:55 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2007, 11:55 PM #3 of 252
WAV, like any other lossless format is just that - loss-less. For archival purposes though, you'd want whatever is able to compress your .wav files/.iso file the most. It doesn't matter which of the these two you keep as they are of the same quality. The .mp3s though are of lower quality, the MP3 format being a lossy audio format. So try messing around with either FLAC or APE for your .wav files - and for the .iso, just use something like WinRAR.

Originally Posted by Maico
I've been using Moguta's guide to compress my music into VBR MP3s using the setting "-V 0 --vbr-new %s %d" which is like the best 192 VBR setting I guess (I forgot, but the reason I only use 192 VBR is because my portable MP3 player can't play any of those lossless formats, so I don't really bother using them.
When you encode using a variable bitrate setting as you're doing (and should be), the CBR value you choose has no importance, as you won't be using a constant bitrate anyway. You can set the drop-down* to whatever [*I'm assuming you're using EAC here].

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Put All Audio Questions Here