Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Put All Audio Questions Here

sofronitsky
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2705

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 09:01 PM #1 of 252
EAC related quesiton

I read somewhere that using EAC (esp. the Test + copy function) will wear your drives out much quicker than normal cd ripping programs. Someone said they ripped about 100 cds (on a new drive) then the drive crapped out. My question is, what's the life expectancy for cheap to mid-priced drives that use EAC on a daily basis (I rip about 5 cds a day)? Also will I notice a deterioration in the quality of my rips as the drives begin to wear out. Also, I've noticed in the past (When using other Cd extracting programs like EZCDDAX) that if I rip a large amount of cds in a short period of time they have audible flaws (such as pops/skips). Can this happen while using EAC and the CRC check reports no errors after I've ripped a few Cds. One more question I have is: Do you have any idea why I would tend to get a high number of SYNC. errors during cd extraction for the last track of each CD. It never occurs anywhere else, just the last track. When this happens I re rip the last track using Burst mode... no errors occur. Have any idea why I'm experiencing this problem? Thanks in advance.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
sofronitsky
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2705

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:25 AM #2 of 252
Originally Posted by www.sega.co.jp
EAC could cause wear by the excessive CD-ROM use that bad CDs can cause. The constant re-reading of the same sector can wear out the motors that look at different track position.
Tell me what CD-ROM drive you use and I could tell if your CD drive lacks important DAE related features. EAc tends to have some read errors near the end of a track, but for me that's only caused by Offset Correction. Your CD-ROM drive's make and model would be a big help in telling me what your drive can and cannot do.

I use two crappy Lite-On Drive
s: The DVDRW - SOHW-1693S and
The CDRW - SOHR - 5239V

Does the quality of the cd/DVD drive used for the extraction have any effect on the quality of the rip???

There's nowhere I can't reach.
sofronitsky

Member 2705

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:58 PM #3 of 252
Can you suggest some good mid-priced CDR Drives (Internal). I think I'm going to lose the Lite-On... I think it may crap out on me soon, and I can't stand the noise (it's as loud as a vacuum cleaner). Thanks again!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Put All Audio Questions Here