Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Put All Audio Questions Here

Slogra
Wark!

Member 1085

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 04:05 AM #1 of 252
You might wanna take a look at Mp3packer. It seems convert 320kbps to smaller vbr files without loss. I never tried it myself though.

How ya doing, buddy?
Slogra
Wark!

Member 1085

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 06:15 AM #2 of 252
Originally Posted by orion_mk3
Here's an issue that's been driving me bonkers.

I've occasionally seen rips of DVD audio that contain just the music and some SFX from a movie, and none of the dialogue. I assume that this is done by isolating one of the sound channels and recording it with a line-in or some such thing.

My question: how does one do that? My computer's DVD player doesn't seem to have an option for seperating the channels, and I'm not sure where to look for something that does.

Any suggestions?
Well, usually the music and sfx come from the left and right speakers, while speech only comes from the center speaker. So you probably are missing the sound that comes center (and surround speakers).
Try setting your soundcard/mediaplayer to stereo. This way the 5.1 channels will be mixed down to stereo and you will hear all sounds.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Slogra
Wark!

Member 1085

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 12:48 PM #3 of 252
You should be able to do that with Besweet. To make your life easier, get the BesweetGUI as well.
I guess you have to play with the output/input at the Azid settings to get the left and right channel only.

http://dspguru.doom9.net/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Put All Audio Questions Here