Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Editing Voice/vocals Out Of Game Rips

Sonic 3
Carob Nut

Member 4474

Level 6.19

Apr 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 02:00 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2009, 08:00 PM #1 of 8
Editing Voice/vocals Out Of Game Rips

Ey.

So does anyone know of a program that'll like, let me edit the voices/background noise of an mp3? I know big production studios can do it, but ya know. I'm no productor. (?) producer.

Basically, this would solve all of my ripping problems. So much in fact, that I'd start ripping insane tracks, like freaking Game and Watches, and.......stuff. So many game tracks I need aren't available in any form, except to listen to on the game with a bunch of NPC's talking over it or something. Just to get rid of that stuff would help me out.

Any suggestions?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 02:09 PM 1 #2 of 8
You do realize how easy ripping would be if something like this existed right? It would also be magical, because the computer would literally be guessing what is and isn't considered "noise". I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to ripping but I know enough about computers to know this isn't really feasible.

I kind of want GH to come back so you can leave forever.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by UltimaIchijouji; Jan 3, 2009 at 02:11 PM.
Sonic 3
Carob Nut

Member 4474

Level 6.19

Apr 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 02:21 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2009, 08:21 PM #3 of 8
uh....ok. Well I've been here for about 2 years on and off, so me leaving isn't going to happen any time soon. Sorry for being SO NOOB.

love the flame btw.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 02:23 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2009, 02:23 PM #4 of 8
Basically for any type of music (VGM or not), the only way this is possible is if you have the original masters with all the different layers. You can't edit a finished track though, at least not without a lot of tedious guesswork -- I imagine it just wouldn't be worth it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 02:33 PM #5 of 8
I don't know about human voices, but I think it is possible to remove sounds and sound effects.
Some people at superheroes forums did it with The Dark Knight music from the movie (tracks that wasn't on the soundtrack).

I was speaking idiomatically.
Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 02:58 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2009, 03:58 AM #6 of 8
You can try frequency filtering, but you won't get very good results. It's not something a freeware program can accomplish.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Bigblah; Jan 3, 2009 at 03:00 PM.
killerpineapple
Chocobo

Member 18440

Level 10.84

Jan 2007

Old Jan 8, 2009, 07:49 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2009, 05:49 PM #7 of 8
Agreed...editing cannot achieve this. The only way is to simply have to have access to the original audio files; the ones mixed into the movie with the dialogue and sound effects.

FELIPE NO
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Jan 9, 2009, 10:12 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2009, 03:12 PM #8 of 8
I wouldn't call it completely impossible without the master track complete with different audio channels, but as a general rule I agree with everyone else here. It really depends on the music, but even if you did find a way it would more then likely be like reverse engineering, you would have to reconstruct the song after you had removed the unwanted parts, certainly not a cake walk task that's for sure.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Editing Voice/vocals Out Of Game Rips