Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Ripping Music from Movies - A Little Advice?

Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2008, 08:59 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2008, 01:59 PM #1 of 3
Ripping Music from Movies - A Little Advice?

Hey all,

I'm trying to rip the music from a DVD series I have, and I have been using Smart Ripper to extract the AC3 file, followed by HeadAC3he to extract the sound from only the rear channels. This does a great job removing the voices, but it still leaves a fair bit of SFX.

I have a large collection of complete/expanded scores, and i'm guessing in many cases they are made through this technique, or something similar. Does anyone know of a way to try and get rid of this SFX, or is there a better way to start with etc?

Thanks.

Additional Spam:
And just for the info, I don't want any 'it's no simple task' or 'this question is always asked' replies

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Thalin; Jul 2, 2008 at 09:06 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2008, 09:33 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2008, 02:33 PM #2 of 3
Also, I know some talented sound people mix different tracks together in complete scores/rips to make 'suites', or they combine two tracks to make a track more of a theme etc. However, any time I try, it is obvious where the two combine, because there's sometimes a pop, or it just stops and then the next part plays. I've tried fading in and out but it is also pretty obvious, there's no flowing quality.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
reep0
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 31935

Level 1.02

Oct 2008

Old Oct 10, 2008, 04:29 AM #3 of 3
"I have a large collection of complete/expanded scores" that meaning u must rip music? )

make a sample at least one mixscore, 4 check out. Maybe u never be a mixscorer

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Ripping Music from Movies - A Little Advice?