Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Guide to Proper Lossless Rips

Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 02:25 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 01:25 PM #1 of 105
If anyone has the time, would they be able to verify something for me?

I just want to make sure I have the right offset correction for my CD drive. My drive is a "JLMS XJ-HD166S"

I searched it on Google, and came up with this:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=67103

Right now I'm using +12 offset correction, which was posted inside the thread in the link above. I have yet to test an actual CD rip though.

Double Post:
Okay, here's a print screen of my results:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21...lle/offset.jpg

I ripped the first track from a CD, and I did this twice. The first time is WITHOUT offset correction, and the second time is WITH offset correction.

Double Post:
Two last questions...

Do I need to burn a WAV to a CD-RW in order to test the offset correction, or have I already done that above?

And, the start point of the first track on the CD I test-ripped is "0:00:00.00". Does everything seem good?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Basil; Aug 7, 2006 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 06:49 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 05:49 PM #2 of 105
The problem is, I barely have any CDs that are in AccurateRip's database. I tested most of them and they all give me an error message, stating that "This CD is not in AccurateRip's database. Please insert a different Key Disc." =/

Eleo's guide says that if I'm following it exactly as it states, then I don't need AR. Which I'm doing.

Quote:
AccurateRip may or may not necessary depending on how your'e doing your rips. If you're following this guide entirely and ripping CDs using the Test/Copy method in Secure mode, AccurateRip isn't needed. If you're not doing a Test before you Copy or using a mode besides Secure, AccurateRip is for you since you probably want to be sure that your rip is actually accurate.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:03 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 12:03 PM #3 of 105
I am always using Test/Copy, and so far none of the CDs I've ripped (using this guide - I ripped two more CDs last night) are causing problems. Thanks for the tips.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 08:04 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 07:04 PM #4 of 105
Bitrates don't matter if you're working with FLAC. FLAC has its own bitrate, so EAC doesn't care what bitrate setting you use when ripping CDs.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 08:18 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 07:18 PM #5 of 105
You'll have to ask Eleo regarding that. I've never ripped using Burst mode, and I don't know what that is.

Sorry I couldn't be of help on that though.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 08:29 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 07:29 AM #6 of 105
Most CDs I've come across nowadays in the stores have two prints - one of them being a double-sided disc (one side with the music, the other side with DVD content), and another print with the music only. The print with the DVD content usually comes in these weird cases. I tried to rip one of those a long time ago but it failed since it was copy-protected. As far as I remember the CD prints with the music only didn't have copy-protection.

I don't know how Canada prints their music compared to the US, though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Guide to Proper Lossless Rips