Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Album art questions

xeriouxi
Mrrrrrrrr!

Member 15664

Level 5.51

Nov 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:33 AM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 06:33 AM #1 of 3
Album art questions

Hi!

I'm running WMP11 and I have over 6,000 .mp3 that do not have embedded album art as I don't like doing that. I heard about Folder.jpg or something that you can put into the directory that is a substitute. I have a few questions if I may?

1) What is the standard dimensions of what the .jpg should be?

2) Will this in any way affect my .mp3 files as I don't want anything added onto them

3) Do I have to hide the Folder.jpg file or is it hidden automatically?

4) Does the case matter? Folder.jpg or folder.jpg?

5) I heard that WMP11 will screw with your .jpg and resize it to 200x200. I've disabled WMP11 from automatically updating my music from the internet and so it's got no internet connection basically, so will this still happen in my case?

Thanks for your help in advance! =)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rawr! =^_^=
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 04:33 AM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 11:33 AM #2 of 3
1) There is not

2) No

3) Unsure. I used to tell XP what the cover was myself in the folder properties, and it would create it's own hidden folder.jpg.

4) Unsure as well =/

5) No idea as I've not been using WMP for something like 3 years.

My advice, even out of anything cover related, would be to get rid of WMP all short and to switch to Winamp. It's way lighter and offer many facilities WMP lacks. You can get the Toaster plugin for it that will allow you to display your cover art any way you want to.

in-before 5 people advicing to switch to Foobar

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by niki; Feb 14, 2007 at 09:20 AM.
tenseiken
Syklis Green

Member 532

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 07:16 AM #3 of 3
in-before 5 people advicing to switch to Foobar
Haha. Switch to Amarok.

Seriously though, when I even bother with the cover art, I just keep the jpg somewhere in the album directory so I can look at it when the urge arises. Making a folder.jpg for every album seems... excessive to me. Oh, I can probably answer number 4. Windows is generally NOT case sensitive except for with passwords.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Album art questions