Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

WMP not playing certain mp3 files

LivingDreams
Chocobo

Member 520

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 06:36 PM #1 of 3
WMP not playing certain mp3 files

I've been wanting to post this since the past 2 years but didn't bother heh.

In my FFVIII OST folder all the songs are .mp3 format and all play fine on winamp. All of them play on WMP too except these ones Fisherman's Horizon, Rivals, Jailed, and Intruders. I'm not sure why but it just wont play it, instead it will just skip to the next song on the list leaving these songs with an exclamation mark in orange.

So what I did was I went to http://bluelaguna.net/music/ff8/mp3s.php and download the song called Julia (wouldnt play on wmp either), and it played fine on wmp. I tried downloading Fisherman's Horizon, Rivals, Jailed, and Intruders and they didn't play on wmp either.

I'm not sure whats causing this but these songs won't play at all.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Eat glass.
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 06:48 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 05:48 PM #2 of 3
Do those MP3s play in other media players like Winamp?

If they do, WMP just sucks.
If they don't, the MP3s are corrupt.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
LivingDreams
Chocobo

Member 520

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 06:49 PM #3 of 3
Yea they play on winamp, my Ipod, anything else except WMP. I don't use WMP for songs anyways but I still wanna know why this happens.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Eat glass.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > WMP not playing certain mp3 files