Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Is EAC supposed to recognize CD track names?
Closed Thread

Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2007, 12:56 PM Local time: Nov 4, 2007, 10:56 AM #1 of 3
Is EAC supposed to recognize CD track names?

With every CD I've ever ripped with EAC, the resultant files are all named Track01, Track02, Track03, etc., so I have to rename them manually once the rip is completed. The info always says Unknown Title and Unknown Artist, even though it's an album that by all rights should be recognized. What am I missing here?

Also, I followed the lossless ripping guide exactly, and even with the naming scheme I entered it still didn't work.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Cellius; Nov 4, 2007 at 01:04 PM.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2007, 01:05 PM Local time: Nov 4, 2007, 07:05 PM #2 of 3
You need to query the online FreeDB before you rip.

Menu->Database->Get CD information from-Remote FreeDB.

With the vast majority mainstream albums, that should do it. With anything rare or unusual, you will have to fill out the tags yourself.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2007, 01:19 PM Local time: Nov 4, 2007, 11:19 AM #3 of 3
Oooh that is excellent, thank you.

How ya doing, buddy?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Is EAC supposed to recognize CD track names?