Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

a way to force my dial-up modem to disconnect at a certain time?

Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 11:58 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2006, 11:58 PM #1 of 3
Thumbs down a way to force my dial-up modem to disconnect at a certain time?

Well, I'm on a single phone line dial-up connection for the summer and consequently, I can only download stuff during the night.

My stepdad and mom get up really early, around 6 AM and want to use the phone only to be greeted by a bunch of static and high pitched noises. Since they're too afraid of my computer to even touch it (Don't ask.) I have to wake up out of a deep sleep and disconnect it.

So, is there any way to do this automatically at a certain time? I browsed around in the connection options but couldn't find anything. I also Googled for a program to do this but that didn't yield anything either.

Any suggestions? (Can't get broadband here, sorry.)

Thanks!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Free.User
See You, Space Cowboy

Member 62

Level 32.80

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2006, 01:13 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2006, 10:13 PM #2 of 3
I used to be in the same situation as you, and what I did was this:

I set up a download manager that dealt with HTTP and FTP (I used Internet Download Accelerator). I then added the files I wanted to its schedule/que, and set the program to auto-connect at 12:00 and disconnect at 6:00, or whenever the que was finished (whichever came first). I managed to get about 100MB a night!

Hope that helps.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Mario Kart DS: 498293-921939____
Star Fox Command: 155-576-696-451____
Metroid Prime Hunters: 4854-1233-4943____
Final Fantasy III: 506891214495____
Xfire: freuser____
Steam: Free.User
____
Sharath
Screenshot King

Member 1125

Level 12.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2006, 09:00 AM Local time: Jul 4, 2006, 07:30 PM #3 of 3
you can use an auto shutdown software to turn off the comp.. (i am not sure but i think when you turn off the modem gets disconnected)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
No One Dies as a Virgin....LIFE FUCKS EVERYONE!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > a way to force my dial-up modem to disconnect at a certain time?