Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

PC Start up problems

Contracts
Chocobo

Member 1639

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 08:41 PM #1 of 2
PC Start up problems

Well my PC recently had been acting funny, I don't know if this has any signifigance but before I start I might as well say it. Before my PC started acting funny hence the title, I was using Logitech quick cam and it kept freezing everytime I used it so I basically kept having to use the beastly 'end now' and take it down. From there I'd normally use my PC, Now I rebooted and did the same process of using Logitech and it froze so I made it end now BUT I resumed using my pc for the portion of the day and I then told it to shut down from there it just sat at the main desktop for about 10 minutes and still didn't do anything so I had to shut it down using the power button. I used my PC once after that and used it for about a few hours, I then shut it down same thing happened. So I went up stairs for a few hours to play some console gaming and came down later and turned my PC on, It basically starts up normally then says if I want to start in safe mode (There's three safe modes I can start in, I used the first) start using normal settings last used safely and the regular start windows. So my first thought was to just start windows normally, So I proceeded and well... everything went down hill from there. It went to the windows loading screen and then went to a black screen (Usually I see this on most PC's anyways right before it loads the main interface to log in) and instead of going to the interface to log in it restarted the PC over AGAIN, It just goes right back to the menu to select safe modes or start windows and all that stuff. So PLEASE! Someone help me on how to get this working again, And no I don't have any restore disks...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Jul 4, 2006, 02:02 AM Local time: Jul 4, 2006, 01:02 AM #2 of 2
No restore disks.... Eek.

Well, tell me you tried booting up in safe mode. If you didn't try, please do and report back your results.

If you cant boot to windows in safe mode, grab your XP install disk and come back here.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > PC Start up problems