Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Can't get server to work since going wireless

Iceboy
Audiophile

Member 7319

Level 4.76

May 2006

Old Jun 24, 2006, 07:02 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2006, 01:02 AM #1 of 2
Thumbs down Can't get server to work since going wireless

Hi all,

I went wireless back in December 2005 and since then have not been able to use my private FTP server (on places like GFF). I use No-IP DUC running in the systray, I have GuildFTP open to allow the connections and I am using a Linksys router.

However, no matter what I do, I cannot get anyone to log in. This is HIGHLY annoying and I can't see how I can fix it. The No-IP support didn't help at all, and I still can't get anything to work.

I know NOTHING about IP, forts, forwarding and all that so would appreciate a layman's answer if anyone can help, please. It's driving me up the mofo'ing wall.

Thanks guys.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
tenseiken
Syklis Green

Member 532

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 02:59 AM #2 of 2
The difference between wireless and wired, as far as your case goes, is pretty trivial. It seems to me that, since you have a new wireless router, you've got some configuration problems with it. See to it that your host machine has a statically assigned IP address (probably based on the wireless network card's MAC address), and that the necessary ports are forwarded to the host machine's IP. You can very likely get a step-by-step guide on how to do all that at www.portforward.com. If that site lacks the information you need, consult your router's manual or contact the manufacturer.

If you've done this properly and it's still not working, then perhaps you could provide some more specific information. Log excerpts, both client and server side (if applicable), might help.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Can't get server to work since going wireless