Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Wolf's Rain

StatusQuo
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2172

Level 1.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:18 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 01:18 PM #1 of 24
Wolf's Rain

I really love Yoko Kanno's music. I just purchased the Wolf's Rain DVD's so I'm rewatching it and it just reminded me how awesome the series is. I did notice that there were a few tracks absent in the OST's. I obviously don't know their names, but is anyone familiar with them?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:21 PM #2 of 24
hi there. remember to read the guidelines and how to make threads about animes. always put up a description,plot summary and picture..

umm. im not going to lie, i loved this anime. yoko kanno never fails in music. but there are a few tracks that aren't in there. just like cb and ghost in the shell. other than that, the characters were kool. all i can say about that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 04:45 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 10:45 PM #3 of 24
Chato try to work on your post look =) It's bit... lowcase? Anyway Wolf's Rain is one of the best Anime I saw!! Found it only by my sister that love it to and most of you know her from GFF (Louve). Music, plot and everything in this anime is OUTSTANDING!!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 07:32 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 07:32 PM #4 of 24
This is BY FAR one of the best series, i have EVER seen...the first post should look, somthing more like...
Quote:

Wolf's Rain, By far one of the best series i have ever had the prillage to see. The art, the music, the story, are all A material.
Plot Summary: In some distant future, it's common knowledge that all wolves have been extinct for 200 years. However, it seems this is false as wolves have not disappeared but rather have taken human form. Kiba, a lone wolf, wanders into a city, trying to sniff out the Lunar Flowers that are supposed to lead whoever follows the scent to paradise. The source of the smell is Cheza, a girl who sleeps in what appears to be suspended animation in a lab. She and the wolves are drawn to each other, and Kiba hopes to find paradise once he finds the source of the scent of Lunar Flowers. However, once Kiba finds Cheza, she is kidnapped by a mysterious person called Darcia, and his search begins anew. Before he leaves the city, he meets 3 other wolves, Tsume, Hige and Toboe. All four wolves have very different personalities and ideas, and their friendliness towards each other is a little rough around the edges. However, they soon band together to continue to search for paradise.

Music - Yoko Kanno - some her BEST WORK for sure!
OST 1
1. Stray
2. Requiem
3. Coracao Selvagem
4. Renga
5. Pilgrim Snow
6. Leaving on Red Hill
7. Shiro
8. Dogs and Angels
9. Strangers
10. Sleeping Wolves
11. Tip Toe Waltz
12. My Little Flower
13. Could You Bite the Hand?
14. Valse de la Lune
15. Hot Dog Wolf
16. Silver River
17. Sold Your Soul
18. Visions of a Flame
19. Run, Wolf Warrior, Run
20. Gravity
21. Paradiso
OST 2
1. Heaven's Not Enough
2. Shiro, Long Tail's
3. Cycle
4. Beyond Me
5. Mouth on Fire
6. Hounds
7. Rain of Blossoms
8. Separated
9. Escape
10. Face on
11. Tsume no Suna
12. Flying to You
13. Night Owl
14. Shi no Mori
15. Indiana
16. Amore Amaro
17. Friends
18. Tell Me What the Rain Knows - Maaya Sakamoto
19. Float
20. Trace
21. Sad Moon
22. Cloud 9 - Maaya Sakamoto

Music
The charators all have their own personalitys, and have great designs!

Kiba - Leader of the pack, the one who seeks Paradise

Tsume - The tough guy, he is more than he seems on the outside

Hige - The fat one

Toboe - The shy one

Cheza - The Key to Paradise

Quent - The hunter, vowed to destroy every wolf that still exists

Hubb and Cher - The Lovers, the detective and scientis respectivly, Cher was researching Cheza for Lord Oarkum
You can Download the series, dual audio Here but i would recommend buying it because it is just that good
AND THAT MY FRIENDS, is what the first post SHOULD look like!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 08:10 PM #5 of 24
Originally Posted by B4-Hunter
Chato try to work on your post look =) It's bit... lowcase? Anyway Wolf's Rain is one of the best Anime I saw!! Found it only by my sister that love it to and most of you know her from GFF (Louve). Music, plot and everything in this anime is OUTSTANDING!!
I'll try harder ;p

btw. I heard that many people didn't like the last four episodes. I thought it was good =/.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by chato; Mar 13, 2006 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 08:31 PM #6 of 24
To be honest, I haven't had the time to watch Wolf's Rain, but I have the first two OSTs and needless to say, they are excellent. Yoko Kanno is excellent as always, and Maaya Sakamoto features a few great songs too.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 08:33 PM #7 of 24
at first I thought the series was really boring since i didn't give it a chance but after I gave it some time and watched it during the day, the series really stood out. Animation was awsome and the fight between wolves was great.
I never finished the series but I hope to someday since it cought my interest.
Althought I didn't like the fact the badass in the show looked as though he took it from behind.
Oh and also the story was more unique than what I thought it would be which is also why I was so interested.

FELIPE NO

New Record!
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 08:36 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 07:36 PM #8 of 24
I saw this when it was on Adult Swim, and I enjoyed it very much. This is one show where everything compliments everything else perfectly (The animation fits the music, the music fits the story, etc.). If the boxset wasn't so expensive ($150!), this would be a show that I would purchase regardless of the fact that I've already seen it (something I rarely do in regards to anime).

And I loved the last four episodes! They were the best ones of the series in my opinion.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
StatusQuo
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2172

Level 1.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 06:40 PM #9 of 24
Forgive me for being demur...but doesn't that post format seem slightly excessive? It's was a quick question intended for a quick response, and as I remember wasn't appropriate for any other forum.

Most amazing jew boots
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 08:57 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 07:57 PM #10 of 24
Originally Posted by StatusQuo
Forgive me for being demur...but doesn't that post format seem slightly excessive? It's was a quick question intended for a quick response, and as I remember wasn't appropriate for any other forum.
Well, if you just wanted to ask a question, you could have posted it here. But if you wanted to start a thread about the show in general, then yeah, that post that aku made is correct, as it follows the guidelines.

RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:04 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 05:04 AM #11 of 24
me too,I like Wolf's Rain,I saw it all on TV.and soundtrack is cool.
@Yamamanama
I can get rips from you?

RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:18 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 05:18 AM #12 of 24
ok,tell me when upload them on Moon ftp,thx

StatusQuo

Member 2172

Level 1.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 08:06 PM #13 of 24
Ya, okay I understand what you mean. At the time I just didn't think Wolf's Rain qualified as a "new" release. But I guess it's relative to the board.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:19 PM #14 of 24
The series is one of the best behind my two favorite (Trigun and MONSTER). The music is quite beautiful and goes very well with the story. However, I was quite disappointed, no, confused at the last episode.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:14 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 06:14 PM #15 of 24
This series is one of my favorites animes. The art is beautiful, the story was elaborate (though the ending kinda stiff me), and the music is top among my favorites for anime soundtracks. Yoko Kanno did very well here. I remember this being one of my first animes that I had to suffer waiting a week before eah episode because I enjoyed it so much. Kiba is also one of my favorite characters of all time.

How ya doing, buddy?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Van
CYBERSIX

Member 1454

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:37 PM #16 of 24
Love this series. I don't know where it would fit in my top ten if I ever sat down to make one, but I know it would be on there. Bought the box set upon its release, which is something I seldom do. I was surprised at some of the lackluster reviews it recieved, because I felt it was great from start to finish. Of course the story and characters ultimately drew me in, but like all great anime, the aesthetics add so much to this series. The music is incredible and the animation is right there with it. God I love Kanno's work.

I've yet to see the OVA, which supposedly ties up some of the loose ends from the last few episodes (although I thought it ended fine, myself). I've seen some lackluster reviews for it also, but considering many come from the same people who didn't like the series, I'd rather judge it for myself.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:54 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 01:54 PM #17 of 24
I really enjoyed this series. Particularly for it's music. Battles can get really bloody. It completely confused my friend who didn't understand them changing back and forth from wolf to human every few sequences. Maaya Sakamoto did a wonderful ENGLISH ending theme.

Most amazing jew boots
Outlaw
Do not use elevator while on fire

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:23 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 06:23 PM #18 of 24
Originally Posted by Van
[...]I've yet to see the OVA, which supposedly ties up some of the loose ends from the last few episodes (although I thought it ended fine, myself). I've seen some lackluster reviews for it also, but considering many come from the same people who didn't like the series, I'd rather judge it for myself.
Um...if you seen the last 4 episodes they you have seen the OVA. The last 4 episodes were released straight to video in Japan, Meaning they wern't aired on TV meaning automadicly labled an OVA when in fact it was part of the series. When AS desided to air the series they desided to cut the 4 recaps and insert the OVA episodes making up a 26 episode run and when the DVDs were coming out Bandai desided to merge the main Series and the OVA and release them as one full series insted of spiltting them up. So the OVA became non-existant in the english release....

I hope that made sence :ashamed:.....

Van
CYBERSIX

Member 1454

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 01:33 AM #19 of 24
Originally Posted by Outlaw
Um...if you seen the last 4 episodes they you have seen the OVA. The last 4 episodes were released straight to video in Japan, Meaning they wern't aired on TV meaning automadicly labled an OVA when in fact it was part of the series. When AS desided to air the series they desided to cut the 4 recaps and insert the OVA episodes making up a 26 episode run and when the DVDs were coming out Bandai desided to merge the main Series and the OVA and release them as one full series insted of spiltting them up. So the OVA became non-existant in the english release....

I hope that made sence :ashamed:.....
Yes, that makes total sense. I was curious as to why the series was an odd 30 episodes long. Thanks for the explanation.

elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 02:06 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 02:06 AM #20 of 24
I've read the manga, but haven't seen the anime. I was actually thinking about it though, as I've heard many good comments concerning this series. Is the anime better than the manga? The manga didn't make much of an impression on me.

Black Ninja
Your token angry black ninja

Member 1137

Level 5.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 09:51 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 09:51 AM #21 of 24
If you read the manga first you're in for some serious psychological scars towards the end.

Spoiler:
Because EVERYONE DIES in the anime.

I admit it. I cried at that one scene. You all know which one I mean.

Spoiler:
Where Toboe dies and the wolves start howling and... aww man.

How ya doing, buddy?
katchum
VGM forever!

Member 180

Level 35.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:39 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 02:39 AM #22 of 24
I agree this is one of the best OST's I've ever heard: "mouth on fire" is my favorite!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Wolf's Rain