Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

ChocoJournal -> Version 2.89

bobo
Chocobo Ex-Owner

Member 1

Level 14.75

Feb 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 08:45 PM #1 of 9
ChocoJournal -> Version 2.89

Based on user requests, I have made some changes and additions to ChocoJournal! Here are the changes from version 2.87:
  • Last Commented Journals display has been changed on the main page. The last commented journal is automatically popped up to the top of the page instead of having multiple lines of the same journal being displayed. The number in the parenthesis shows how many comments were made in that user's journal in the past three hours.
  • Private journal entries no longer show up on the last commented list.
  • Who Be Proppin? Using the ChocoPie interface, you can now graphically track who be proppin in yo journal. To check it, hit up a brotha's journal and in da top, click who be proppin (next to total props). Fo shizzle.
  • Deleting comments no longer results in a database error.
  • You can now quote comments! Just click "quote" in the upper right corner of a comment. Any person that is quoted through this method will have their name appear in the new Who Quoted Me? tracking system.
  • You can access the Who Quoted Me? in ChocoJournal section on the main page. Just scroll to the bottom of the journal and click on the huge "Who Quoted Me" button. Due to limitations, only comments that are quoted using the QUOTE LINK will be tracked.
  • Graphics for ChocoJournal Discovery have been re-added! With ChocoJournal Discovery, you can find new journals be keywords/phrase relevance, find journals by similar music interest and see the journals with the most comments in the past 24 hours! Just click the ChocoJournal Discovery icon on the main Journal page. The keyword search did not work before, but should be running smoothly now.
Enjoy! Please let me know if you have any suggestions/bug finds for future versions of ChocoJournal. Keep ChocoJournal the best forum integrated journal on the net!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
bobo
Chocobo Ex-Owner

Member 1

Level 14.75

Feb 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 08:49 PM #2 of 9
Yeah I was working on the journal code on the live server and made a bunch of mistakes.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 08:57 PM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 07:57 PM #3 of 9
This is great stuff, bobo! I just have to ask though: do you plan on implementing 'Who Quoted Me?' for the boards as well?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 08:59 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 03:59 AM #4 of 9
Hey, bobo, good job. While you're here, would it be hard to make it possible to disable comments for a specific entry (like livejournal allows you to)? I wanted to make a thread requesting this earlier, but sort of forgot about it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
bobo
Chocobo Ex-Owner

Member 1

Level 14.75

Feb 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 09:00 PM #5 of 9
Actually when I originally designed ChocoJournal I added this option in (it's a hidden option) but thought that it would be too confusing or if it would be useful. Where do you think this might come in handy?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 09:09 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 04:09 AM #6 of 9
I agree that it might not be terribly 'useful' (in a practical sense), but I just often feel like writing an entry that no one could comment on. I dunno, I guess it's a psychological thing, wanting my journal to be my personal space that no one can enter. I can't really explain it very well, but ehh.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 11:16 PM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 08:16 PM #7 of 9
Great additions, bobo. I especially like the feature that lets you quote journal comments.

FELIPE NO
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 02:54 AM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 08:54 AM #8 of 9
Awesome!! Now ChocoJournal is even better =) Thak's Bobo!!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > ChocoJournal -> Version 2.89