Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Expendables - The Ultimate Testosterone Movie

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Apr 15, 2009, 04:06 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2009, 05:36 PM #1 of 15
The Expendables - The Ultimate Testosterone Movie

Just today I came across a movie that is being made for 2010, that literally has one of the biggest action star line-ups I have ever seen. The movie is being directed by Sylvester Stallone. Even though the film is in production at this very moment, more and more details about the film are being released such as the casting list. I'm even more amazed that they're getting big action stars from the b-movies involved with this film.

Plot: A team of mercenaries head to South America on a mission to overthrow a dictator.

I'll admit I'm not much of a film buff, but I love your typical generic action movie and with this line-up its looking very interesting.

Here are a list of actors that are in this movie:

Jason Statham
Mickey Rourke
Sylvester Stallone
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Jet Li
Dolph Lundgren
Danny Trejo (rumored)
Terry Crews (rumored)
Eric Roberts
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Gary Daniels

I could always stand to be corrected, by our resident film experts such as Sprouticus, LeHah, and Denicalis. I did get this information from the IMDB (I don't know how reliable that is).

This movie is not going to be a great movie. It is going to be a movie about seeing shit blow up. The 10 year old kid in me is obviously excited about this, just to see so many action superstars in one film. I don't know how they'll do it. This movie will probably be just as entertaining as your over the top action movie.

Here are some photo's of the movie

So to the GFF community what do you think of this manly-man man of a movie.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2009, 04:08 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2009, 03:08 PM #2 of 15
Sly is an angry midget. Possibly the angriest of midgets.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2009, 04:12 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2009, 03:12 PM #3 of 15
This isn't a still from the film, it's a candid shot of him directing.

I'll probably see this when it eventually comes out, though. Looks like a complete disaster of a movie. Could be entertaining.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Worm
:furious proofreading noises:

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old Apr 15, 2009, 04:37 PM #4 of 15
Although I love testosterone-fests, everyone in America seems to have forgotten how to direct a decent action movie. It's nothing but quick cuts and shaky-cam these days. I keep hoping, though, and continue to throw money at them anyway. For this one, maybe the presence of old stars will mean some throwbacks to the old style.

Stallone showed in Rambo that he doesn't shy away from the blood and debris, so this should deliver on that front regardless.

Most amazing jew boots
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2009, 04:41 PM #5 of 15
This isn't a still from the film, it's a candid shot of him directing.
^^^^^^^

I'd watch it. Loooool Steve Austin though.

I was speaking idiomatically.

#654: Braixen
Randi
You may be a sinner but your innocence is mine

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old Apr 26, 2009, 09:02 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2009, 06:02 PM #6 of 15
Holy crap a big budget shitty movie! I haven't seen one of those before!

...I'll wait for cable. I can't imagine that the autistic governator of California would have signed on without a special focus on his role with a nod to his "involvement" in politics and that is just something that makes me blood-boiling furious.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2009, 04:37 AM 1 #7 of 15
So do you hate fun things all of the time or has that been a recent development in your life?

FELIPE NO

#654: Braixen
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 27, 2009, 04:48 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2009, 12:48 PM #8 of 15
I honestly haven't seen a "great" big budget blast in theaters for ages. It's been weak offering after weak offering. Maybe this will finally justify all that chesthair.

Most amazing jew boots

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2009, 04:51 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2009, 04:51 AM #9 of 15
Holy crap a big budget shitty movie! I haven't seen one of those before!
All things considered, the last thing Sylvester Stallone did that could be considered 'shitty' was "Stop or my mom will shoot!" I'm specifically leaving out Spy Kids due to the fact if you expect a movie made for children to be deep and have an involving plot, you need to hit yourself in the head with a Stilson Wrench. Hard.

The reason 3/4th of movies today 'suck' by everyone's standards seems to fall back on the fact that people aren't comfortable anymore with a movie that won't make them think, or have an engaging philosophical discussion afterwords about life. They think any movie that doesn't do that will make them stupid. Fact of the matter is, if you leave your big ball of pretentiousness assholism inside the car when you go into the movie theater, chances are you'll end up enjoying a movie more than what you think you could.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Randi
You may be a sinner but your innocence is mine

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old Apr 27, 2009, 05:22 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2009, 02:22 AM #10 of 15
Look, I'm a fan of action movies as much as the next person.

I just happen to like good action movies over clique over-produced bullshit, that's all.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2009, 05:33 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2009, 11:33 AM 2 #11 of 15
Look, I'm a fan of action movies as much as the next person.

I just happen to like good action movies over clique over-produced bullshit, that's all.
Like what for example?

Everyone knows that the greatest action film of all time (Possibly the greatest film of all time) is Commando and that's one big cliche (I think that's the word you were looking for) from start to finish.

This film cannot be anything other than awesome. The only way to improve the cast list as I see it would be to include Jesse Ventura, Vinny Jones, Sean Pertwee and Danny Dyer.

Steve Austin was surprisingly not that shit in The Condemned, he certainly has the acting talent required for firing a machine gun in the jungle at least.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2009, 05:52 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2009, 03:52 AM #12 of 15
What he's trying to say is that he's a fan of action movies so long as their not action movies. Duh.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2009, 07:29 AM #13 of 15
Shin is 100% correct. This film can't possibly be bad. Sly not only has every bankable action star from the 80s (Dolph Lundgren? He-Man?!? Are you kidding me?) and what few there are today (Statham is on his way to becoming a legend), but he puts them in the same fucking movie on the same team, killing every-fucking-thing. This movie is going to make Rambo 4 look tame, and that's one of the most over-the-top violent films I've ever seen.

Seriously, anyone who has doubts about this movie needs to check their balls at the door and get the fuck out. This is going to be an 80s action flick, which is exactly what the genre needs to help move it away from the pretentious nonsense and overabundant use of CG its been subjected to lately. This movie is a godsend for fans of dumb action movies.

EDIT:

Apparently Sly tried to get Van Damme, the only missing piece of this brilliant puzzle, but he turned it down because Sly pitched the movie as a way for him to make quick money. Such a shame.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2009, 08:05 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2009, 02:05 PM #14 of 15
Given that Jet Li's in it, I think he should have tried for Chow Yun Fat too.

With any luck though, this'll turn out as good as every other film that's collected together a bunch of big names from an era and given them guns. Magnificent Seven was awesome, Young Guns is great and The Dirty Dozen is an incredible movie.

Like Sprout says, there aren't nearly enough silly, mindless action films any more. You know full well this will be like the beginning of Predator all the way through. You'll have Sly and Dolf with machine guns tucked under their arms gunning down hundreds of bandits, Jet Li and Jason Statham kung-fuing the shit out of people and Danny Trejo throwing knives around and looking like a scary Mexican (Do you think he ever worries about getting typecast?). One would imagine that Arnie will be playing the commander who sends them out on the mission but with any luck he'll take the Carl Weathers role from Predator and go along with them.

Looks like there's only one black guy in it so far and according to IMDB and he was the fourth choice actor after Wesley Snipes, Forest Whitaker and 50 Cent.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2009, 09:00 AM #15 of 15
Arnie's role is limited to a brief cameo of sorts. I think he plays either the leader, or the former leader or some shit. Whatever his role was, he told Sly he needed to be in and out in one day, so it's definitely not a big role, but that's okay by me. His presence alone is jizz-worthy.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Expendables - The Ultimate Testosterone Movie