Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Hell's Kitchen

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 07:42 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 07:42 PM #1 of 52
Hell's Kitchen

Hey,

Anybody watch Hell's Kitchen? I have watched a few episodes here and there, but after watching one of Ramsey's "Kitchen Nightmares", I thought I would like to actually watch a whole season of Hell's Kitchen and what better way than to start at Season 1?

Anyway, I just wanted to see what you thought of the show if you watched it, what is the best season, etc.

I enjoy it quite a bit, even though sometimes Ramsey goes a bit overboard.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 07:55 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 05:55 PM #2 of 52
I keep up with the current season (5) whenever new episodes get uploaded to Hulu (typically late Thursday/Friday). I watched a bit of season 4, but mostly skipped around instead of watching entire episodes.

Really, the only reason to watch this show is to see Ramsey blow up at the incompetent chefs. There's not really much interesting cooking going on to speak of, and I'm fairly sure the producers select candidates based on their potential for being huge annoying douches on camera. I guess the only reason I keep up with the current season is to see if the person I want to get owned gets canned by Ramsey.

In any case, pretty standard entertainment for this sort of thing. I've also watched a couple episodes of Kitchen Nightmares and I think that has a lot more merit. Same amount of Ramsey wringing out incompetent people, but with more meaning. I wonder when the third season will hit?

How ya doing, buddy?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:10 PM #3 of 52
I love Gordon Ramsay, so naturally I watch this show here and there. Actually, I've pretty much kept up with the 4th and 5th [current] seasons, but didn't really watch before then. Between this and Kitchen Nightmares, there's enough Chef Ramsey explosions to go around.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:34 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 03:34 PM #4 of 52
Hell's Kitchen is probably one of the few shows I make a point to catch, and I have watched it since the beginning. It's always entertaining to hear Ramsay call someone a stupid fucking donut donkey. But yeah there isn't actually a whole of lot amazing cooking going on, there's probably 2 or 3 chefs on any given season that seem really competent..the rest flounder and fuck up a lot. Like that one girl on this current season, Lacey..she was a waste of time and a spot on the show, but good TV.

I like Kitchen Nightmares as well, but I prefer the UK version mainly because it seems to be more about the struggle/process with Ramsay to bring the restaurant up to standards and help the cooks rather than showing people yelling at each other with lots of drama in the US version. I watch HK for the drama.

I really liked seasons 3 and 4. Had the most "interesting" people to me, most entertaining drama. s3 had that Asian guy who cried a lot, and s4 had that loudmouthed bitch Jen+cute little toilet brush Louross. I was going to say season 2 until i realized I don't remember shit from it other than that one female competitor that was good friends with the winner died.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:58 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 08:58 PM #5 of 52

I like Kitchen Nightmares as well, but I prefer the UK version mainly because it seems to be more about the struggle/process with Ramsay to bring the restaurant up to standards and help the cooks rather than showing people yelling at each other with lots of drama in the US version. I watch HK for the drama.
I watched the UK version as well. I haven't seen the US one.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 09:39 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 08:39 PM #6 of 52
I've been watching since late in the third season, and I have to say it's definitely worth watching more for the hilarity than any other aspect (this is not high quality television by any standard, but it's certainly better than most of the crap found on VH1 and the like these days). As for Kitchen Nightmares, I've seen both the US and the UK version, but I just can't really get into it.

Spoiler:
So anyone have any picks for who they want to win/think will win for this season? Out of all the people left I'm pulling for Giovanni to win, but I think Danny might be the one to end up winning this whole thing (I hope he doesn't though, as he just rubs me the wrong way for some reason, that reason being that he's a prick).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 09:47 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 09:47 PM #7 of 52
Don't spoil it Rock! I have to get through the seasons first... Please spoil cover if you can.

Should be exciting nonetheless.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 09:55 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 08:55 PM #8 of 52
I didn't think that would be considered a spoiler since most people said they were watching the current season, but I guess I'll spoiler it for you.

Most amazing jew boots
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 09:58 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 09:58 PM #9 of 52
Wicked, thanks. I will try and get through the rest of the seasons ASAP and then we don't have to worry about that.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:32 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 08:32 PM #10 of 52
Season 5:
I'm rooting for one of the guys to win. Danny seems like he's pretty solid and thus a likely choice, but I just adore Robert. Guy is hilarious, and when he's not screwing up he's a good chef. Gio just seems like kind of a dick, and although Ben has good intentions he just doesn't seem like he can keep up.

On the womens' side... screw 'em. I'm really hoping Andrea gets sent home next week as I'm getting pretty tired of her attitude and toothless smile.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:41 PM #11 of 52
Spoiler:
At this point, my money's on Danny. Giovanni is a solid chef but he lacks the fiery personality that Ramsay seems to favor in his winners. Danny is cocky, but also confident. Historically, Ramsay really likes that in his chefs. Robert is a bit of a doofus and he comes completely unwound when he makes a mistake. That will eventually be his ouster.

I thought LA stood more of a chance than she wound up receiving. She really never had an awful night, nothing that could be completely blamed on her. She was definitely competent. I figured she'd get to the last four, then go. But this just supports the idea that Ramsay strongly dislikes passivity. LA never took charge of anything and that cost her.

I'm just glad that egotist Lacey is done.

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2009, 01:59 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2009, 01:59 AM #12 of 52
I wouldn't put Paula out of the running to win.

Spoiler:
And yes LA didn't seem to deserve to go home so soon

kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:09 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2009, 04:09 PM #13 of 52
Spoiler:
Yea I was bit sad when L.A. got booted, don't think she should've gone, got screwed over by her own teammates.. Probably had the least fuck ups other than Paula. And I like Paula because she's kind of under the rader right now and seems fairly consistent with not screwing up, but I am definitely pulling for Giovanni to win. I tend to go for the guys who don't really carry themselves like the best thing ever, Danny is more of an asshole to me in that respect along with Ben. And I absolutely love Robert but I dunno, I don't see Ramsay picking him in the end. If it came down to Gio and Robert, it would be great though.

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:06 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2009, 10:06 PM #14 of 52
Man, I am on the last couple episodes of season 1... Man, episode 7 and 8 were awesome! Down to the final three! I have no clue who is going to win this one! On to Season 2 this weekend!

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Apr 12, 2009, 01:43 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2009, 11:43 PM #15 of 52
Spoiler:
Andrea is so, so lucky. If Jean-Philippe hadn't been there to run after her, console her and actually provide her the written order, she would've never even managed to get back into the kitchen. Gio was a wreck, but it's really hard to say which one was really worse.

Next week looks like it'll have some nice drama -- wonder what the ambulance is for?

FELIPE NO
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Apr 18, 2009, 05:44 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2009, 03:44 AM #16 of 52
Spoiler:
Andrea is SO LUCKY. I have to wonder if her dish was even the best. Ramsay probably knew she would choke and arranged the results so that she would be spared from getting booted out after service. After all, it's pretty rare for him to take anyone out after someone has previously excused themselves due to injury.

Anyway, hoping for a Danny and Paula final. Anything else (especially Andrea) would be an insult.

Good show, Rob ;_;

Most amazing jew boots
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Apr 18, 2009, 08:11 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2009, 09:11 PM #17 of 52
Spoiler:
I didn't like Rob. He was kinda creepy, even moreso considering he's engaged or something.

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2009, 08:31 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2009, 08:31 AM #18 of 52
Well, season 2 was a bit of a let down. Definitely not as good as season one. Getting Season 3 right now! Should be able to catch up in the next week or so and then I can read all the spoilers! Yay!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2009, 08:36 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2009, 03:36 PM #19 of 52
So
Spoiler:
Robert had to leave due to a health condition, huh?

Absolutely sucks. Would've loved for that guy to stick around. Only got to catch the ep recently. Now left is two guys full of themselves, one consistent girl, and one fucking lucky ass wreck who really should've gotten the boot by now. Damn. And of the two guys, one fucked up a bit and was at big risk for going home... I'm pulling for the consistent girl at this point, and I guess the guy who didn't screw up for runner-up since he is actually pretty good..

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:10 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2009, 06:10 PM #20 of 52
I didn't know Ramsey still did Hell's Kitchen in America. Over here he was replaced by Marco Pierre White, who is a fucking legend. Sadly, they focus more on the celebrities than the cooking but it's still pretty entertaining.

They recently showed a load of the American Kitchen Nightmares over here and it's a quite different programme to the UK version. As has been said, the US version is more about people shouting at each other, then one night of service and the end. In the UK version it's more about incompetent people than angry ones and Gordon revisits the restaurant a month or so later as part of the show so you can see if they actually stayed successful. One thing the US version is better for is how hilariously arrogant some of the restaurant owners are, presuming they know their (Failing) business better than the guy with Michelin stars and a string of very successful business. I don't think Americans are quite as used to being sworn at either. Also, there are like twice as many obvious advert break spots in the US version and NTSC programmes are ugly as sin.

But yeah, Ramsey's a legend, it's between him and Heston Blumenthal as to who my favourite chef-turned-tv-personality is and I'd love to eat either of their food.

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2009, 06:34 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2009, 04:34 PM #21 of 52
I prefer the European one by a pretty fair margin as far as Kitchen Nightmares goes. Like you said, the American one is basically all about Ramsay yelling at ridiculously arrogant owners and them getting all pissed off. It's good for a laugh now and then, but I'd rather they didn't focus as heavily on the artificial drama.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Apr 25, 2009, 05:52 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2009, 03:52 AM #22 of 52
The American version of Kitchen Nightmares does have Ramsay return to some restaurants to see if they've stayed successful, though I think it only happened once. Maybe most of the restaurants tanked, I dunno. Either way, it was great to see the ones that were successful. Ramsay's a tyrant in the kitchen but so charming outside of it, and it's nice to see him be happy for those who've managed to turn things around.

Hell's Kitchen:

Spoiler:
Andrea. Please go home next week. If the final doesn't end up being Paula and Danny, I'm gonna rage.

kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2009, 04:53 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2009, 11:53 AM #23 of 52
Spoiler:
yeah what the fuck already. She's living in the Matrix with all the bullets she's been dodging lately, I hate that "wiping the slate clean" crap because even though I don't care for Ben a whole lot, he shouldn't have gone home. I hate that she has another chance and even though I'm completely confident in Paula and Danny, I hope neither of them have an off night and give her the chance to steal it from them.

FELIPE NO
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old May 2, 2009, 06:27 AM Local time: May 2, 2009, 04:27 AM #24 of 52
Spoiler:
Thank GOD.

Paula and Danny, you are the best final that could have happened. Finale looks to be awesome, especially now that they've thrown Lacey back into the mix. That's certain to generate some drama right there.

I think I'm rooting for Paula to win the competition. Danny's good, but it doesn't seem like he's as solid as Paula.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2009, 01:56 PM Local time: May 2, 2009, 12:56 PM #25 of 52
Spoiler:
Yeah, Danny really kind of broke down in the last episode, and though he still wasn't as bad as Andrea, you could tell Paula is the overall best candidate. As I think Andrea mentioned, some of that comes from inexperience due to his age, and I still think he really needs to turn down the cockiness a bit. They're both the best of the bunch though, so I won't mind either of them winning, but I think it should be Paula.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Hell's Kitchen