Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Pub snacks

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2008, 09:18 PM Local time: Nov 12, 2008, 02:18 AM #1 of 32
Pub snacks

You've had a few too many and you need something to balance your stomach out. What's your poison?

Personally I go for chili coated Nobby's Nuts <3 or Chili Heatwave Doritos. They've become a favourite amongst me and my friends. How about you guys?

(this can also include the dodgy kebab you bought on your way home).

what's the betting that if Shin or Frank see this they both put "another pint" as their answer

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Eschbach
Legions

Member 31660

Level 4.22

Sep 2008

Old Nov 11, 2008, 09:47 PM #2 of 32
This would be great if it included descriptions of exactly what these foods were for people who aren't too pub savvy.

Though I'm not quite 21 yet and not all too familiar with drinking yet, a quick run to Jack in the Box does the trick. Usually there's one within a couple of miles from wherever I'm at, so if you've absolutely got to leave where you're at but don't want to drive far, that's the place.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2008, 09:53 PM Local time: Nov 12, 2008, 02:53 AM #3 of 32
I'm on it!

Nobby's Chili Nuts:

(Peanuts with a chili flavoured coating, mildly spicy)

Chili Heatwave Doritos:

(Like regular Doritos but spicy. Is nice.)

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2008, 09:57 PM Local time: Nov 11, 2008, 07:57 PM #4 of 32
I'm a sucker for buffalo wings when I'm halfway to sloshed but a personal meat lover's pizza is great too. Provided you know of a place that prepares good food with their selection of beer, you can probably have anything on their menu and it'll be good.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Nov 11, 2008, 10:18 PM Local time: Nov 12, 2008, 03:18 AM #5 of 32
Anything soft and greasy hits the spot with me.

There are two burger vans and several all-night takeaways within spitting distance of the pubs I frequent here. Nipping out for a carton of cheesy chips tends to restore some degree of equilibrium on those very special nights.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Eschbach
Legions

Member 31660

Level 4.22

Sep 2008

Old Nov 11, 2008, 10:37 PM #6 of 32
Ah, forgive me but I forgot to mention the illustrious Taco Truck conveniently stationed outside of just about any major bar that doesn't already serve food.

Four or five carne asada or al pastor tacos and you're dandy. The spice of it all seems to help me sober up a bit as well.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2008, 10:59 PM 3 #7 of 32
Ah, forgive me but I forgot to mention the illustrious Taco Truck conveniently stationed outside of just about any major bar that doesn't already serve food.

When you say Taco Truck, I assume you mean this kind of truck right?

FELIPE NO
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Nov 11, 2008, 11:09 PM Local time: Nov 12, 2008, 12:09 AM #8 of 32
Back home, me and the buds used to go to this twenty-four hour truck stop that made the world's best poutine (that's french fries with gravy and cheese). Sadly they have now closed shop, so even when I go back home I can't get my fix.

Nowadays, I'll just go for any pizza place I can find, though I sometimes will be able to find a place to get a late night poutine here in Montreal. None of them compare though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Juggle dammit
Eschbach
Legions

Member 31660

Level 4.22

Sep 2008

Old Nov 11, 2008, 11:48 PM #9 of 32
When you say Taco Truck, I assume you mean this kind of truck right?
Hmm, well, I'm not sure what you assume but that picture isn't quite what I was talking about.

Here's a more accurate picture:

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2008, 03:47 AM Local time: Nov 12, 2008, 01:47 AM #10 of 32
Hmm, well, I'm not sure what you assume but that picture isn't quite what I was talking about.
* <--- Mo0's post

* <--- Your head.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 12, 2008, 04:45 AM Local time: Nov 12, 2008, 02:45 AM #11 of 32
Totally didn't get it until after I read enceph's post. now, though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2008, 05:38 AM Local time: Nov 12, 2008, 11:38 AM 1 #12 of 32
Are you guys seriously suggesting that midway through a piss-up you'd go to all the bother of going for a pizza or something? Fuck that. Notwithstanding the fact that eating's cheating, it's got to be those Sahara nuts surely? They're like fucking crack I swear, you just can't stop eating them. Other than that it's probably going to be a pack of Frazzles, they're like methadone for a bacon addict. Occasionally pork scratchings seem like a good idea too and they always are except the last one in the packet is always either not crispy or covered in hair. If you must eat something on the way home, you can't beat the tradition of buying a large donner with chilli sauce and salad, fishing out all the salad and dumping it on the pavement, spilling chilli sauce all down your front and eating maybe half of the kebab at most while you watch the fights outside the kebab shop.

In reality though, if it's a proper drinking session, all the coke you've snorted stops you passing out and at the same time renders you incapable of eating anything so my honest answer would be pretty close to Bernie's prediction: Another line of punnet.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 12, 2008, 05:52 AM Local time: Nov 12, 2008, 03:52 AM #13 of 32
Are hard pretzels popular at all over there? Because, goddamn, when I'm drinking they're possibly the best snack you can get in a bag.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2008, 06:02 AM Local time: Nov 12, 2008, 12:02 PM #14 of 32
Pretzels are a bit upmarket for most British pubs. That's not to say they're not nice though, you're just more likely to find them at a finger buffet at a party than as a pub snack.

Pub snacks over here are basically crisps or nuts. You'll always have salted and dry roasted peanuts and normally at least one other variety, chilli or honey roasted are pretty common. Crisps you'll have basic salted, salt and vinegar and cheese and onion and probably some meat ones and chilli ones and some other variety like Frazzles or Quavers. Pretty much every pub I've ever been in follows this pattern, it's just the way things should be I guess.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss; Nov 12, 2008 at 06:04 AM.
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2008, 06:56 AM Local time: Nov 12, 2008, 12:56 PM 1 #15 of 32
Those spicy pepperami's in the red packet are lovely, and possibly unique among pub snacks in that I want to buy them even if I'm not in a pub, or getting drunk.

Frazzles are good too like Shin said, along with their more pretentious equivalent Bacon Fries. And we musn't forget Scampi Fries while we're here.

Why isn't it standard for pubs to do crisp butties? I can't make it out. A packet of cheese and onion is what, 60p? I'd easily be willing to pay a pound to have them between 2 slices. 40 pence for two rounds, shit you can get a cheap loaf for 60p these days. The bar staff don't even need to make it, they could just keep a loaf behind the bar for me and I'd do it up myself.

FELIPE NO
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2008, 07:23 AM Local time: Nov 12, 2008, 01:23 PM #16 of 32
That's why it helps to be mates with whoever owns and or lives above the pub. They generally let you pop into the kitchen and make that kind of stuff yourself. Cheese and onion though? So, so wrong. A proper crisp buttie should have salt and vinegar in, possibly a processed cheese slice or two if you're feeling adventurous.

Bloggs
Gold Chocobo

Member 501

Level 30.26

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2008, 07:54 AM Local time: Nov 12, 2008, 12:54 PM #17 of 32
Cheese and onion though? So, so wrong.
But everbody loves Cheese & Onion

After a night out on the piss I'll usually stop at the nearest kebab van and get me some (weird tasting) chips covered with (out of date) cheese and mayo. It tastes like shit but it sure dries you up like a motherfucker quicker than you can piss your own underpants.

Like Shin already mentioned, Most pubs around here only supply nuts and crisps. IT'S ALL YOU NEED!!

Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Nov 12, 2008, 03:26 PM #18 of 32
I'm not sure if its the same for the rest of the country, but in New Hampshire, where I went to school, a bar that served hard liquor was required to have a food menu of some sort. So most bars had awesome sandwiches and greasy foods to order along with your drinks. My favorites were probably the buffalo wings from McCues, or the Swamp Bat grinder (turkey with all the fixings, plus light ranch dressing and guacamole) from Kali's Sports Bar. If I happen to be on my way home from the bars up there (or getting blitzed back at the apartment), ordering the ever greasy but still delicious cheesy-bread from Dominos Pizza was a MUST.

And while it is a rare occurrence for me to go out drinking while I'm home, whenever I do, a late-night trip to the diner for breakfast foods always happens.

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2008, 11:44 AM Local time: Nov 14, 2008, 09:44 AM #19 of 32
Fried Mac-N-Cheese.

I'm usually not too partial to overly cheesy stuff but after having a few drinks, I make an exception for these tasty morsels.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2008, 03:46 PM Local time: Nov 16, 2008, 01:46 PM 1 #20 of 32
Notwithstanding the fact that eating's cheating...
Cocaine is cheating too but that hasn't really stopped any of us from doing it, has it?

How ya doing, buddy?
Anazai
Chocobo

Member 24951

Level 11.42

Sep 2007

Old Nov 16, 2008, 09:14 PM Local time: Nov 16, 2008, 07:14 PM #21 of 32
When I find a bar that actually has food I usually order some hot wings or fries. Bar food is so expensive. If I'm at home drinking which is 85% of the time now I usually go for the Flamin' Hot Cheetos. My FAVORITE snack ever. I will say this only once, DO NOT have those Flamin' Hot Cheetos with Tequila or if you are already way drunk. I've been in the restroom way too long from that combination in the past and it's not pretty.

Tokimeki
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 31506

Level 3.52

Aug 2008

Old Nov 17, 2008, 05:40 PM #22 of 32
The best thing is a nice juicy kebab, or maybe some pork scratchings. Failing that doritoes.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sal
Surrounded by Roos

Member 1070

Level 7.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:53 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2009, 03:53 AM #23 of 32
Last time I did the kebab thing it was about 2am, needless to say some food poinsoning followed. Working in a pub now so it's Tyrell's crisps (or chips if you must), not too great really - for starters they're expensive and they come out with some odd flavours. Some of the latest ones where Apple Chips with Cinammon (actually apple - not potato) quite nice but something that'd go better on cereal than as a pub snack. Now they've got Parsnips & rosemary. Better than the Walker's Cajun Squirrel flavour- checked the ingredients and and not a single squirrel was sacraficed. Even says 'Suitable for Vegetarians.' Bastards.
Sahara nuts are fatal. Warms nuts with a really moreish crispy shell. Though, last night pretzels my opium. Toasties too. You can't go wrong with a toastie.

FELIPE NO
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Mar 28, 2009, 06:04 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2009, 12:04 PM #24 of 32
The only Kebab place we have in town is absolutely crap. That's what you get for being in the boonies. If it's pure pub food later in the night, I agree with chili nobby nuts, or some kind of flavored peanut, those tend to hit the spot for me. Buffalo wings has my mouth watering though, shame you can't find them anywhere about here it seems.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2009, 05:35 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2009, 11:35 AM #25 of 32
Buffalo wings has my mouth watering though, shame you can't find them anywhere about here it seems.
Sadly we raise only the wingless breeds of buffalo over here mate.

Aren't Buffalo wings just chicken wings in barbecue sauce though? I know our local kebab emporium does those and we're proper provincial down here, I'd be amazed if you can't find somewhere that does them. I think the petrol station round the corner from us does microwaveable ones too. Take a trip to KFC, buy some wings and smother them in free barbecue sauce, job done right?

I rather drunkenly bought a microwave shepherds pie from the garage the other night on the way home. It was about four quid for a tiny portion but it tasted amazing. Nicola refused to eat any of it, I suspect she may not have been as drunk as I was.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Pub snacks