Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Immigration Protests

Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:46 PM #76 of 453
Originally Posted by PUG1911
Why?*
The school is in Houston Texas, USA..it is supported by taxes paid by citizens of the USA. It is not in Mexico. Mexico pays no money to support the school. The school is not an establishment of the Mexican government. Mexico does nothing for this school, provides nothing for the support of this school and owns none of the property of the school. All of the students in the school are not Mexican citizens. There is no reason to fly the flag of a soveriegn foriegn nation over any government building in the USA.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Watts
"Thieves, Robbers, Politicians!"

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 08:06 PM #77 of 453
Originally Posted by gukarma
No one is demanding free hand-outs. All the illegal immigrants I know are just hard-working people who want to do nothing but cover the jobs that Americans don't want.
That's the problem. Americans will do any job for a decent and fair wage. Illegals reduce our labor wages by increasing the labor pool, and it fundamentally changes the equation. Hence, most Americans are against illegal immigration.

For instance, I've seen figures that's stated there's about eight million unemployed Americans right now. I've also seen figures that state there's up to fifteen million illegals in our country. So if all the illegals were removed from this country it'd be easy to assume that.

a) We'd have no unemployed Americans.
b) Since demand for workers is so high, wages/benefits will also be high. In fact I bet every sixteen year old could get a decent paying job. (By decent I mean above the current minimum wage)

Bottom line, Mexico's problems are the result of their corrupt and inadept oligarchy. They need to deal with their problems there, instead of coming here to create even more problems for the average American.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Simply Fucksticktic
Pre-Banned

Member 3676

Level 4.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 02:27 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 03:27 PM #78 of 453
damn imgants I ahte them i wul;d gotten a job last week but hup sum fucking immigant from china or africa or one of those fucked up plases gt it instedand i got real issed offf. wat we shuld do here in vanuatu is put sea mines off the cost of luganville and portvila becuase they keep coming in. fuckers.

I hope u americans cn come over her and kill all the immigants

How ya doing, buddy?
I will be banned on April 2, as well as the other account I own.

I have had a good time acting like an utter ignoramus, however, I believe I need a long, long break from the boards, which is why I have done what I have done.
PUG1911
I expected someone like you. What did you expect?

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 05:12 AM #79 of 453
Originally Posted by Wesker
The school is in Houston Texas, USA..it is supported by taxes paid by citizens of the USA. It is not in Mexico. Mexico pays no money to support the school. The school is not an establishment of the Mexican government. Mexico does nothing for this school, provides nothing for the support of this school and owns none of the property of the school. All of the students in the school are not Mexican citizens. There is no reason to fly the flag of a soveriegn foriegn nation over any government building in the USA.
So I get that they haven't a right to display the flag, that there is no need to do so. But what harm is done in doing so?

FELIPE NO
"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 01:57 PM #80 of 453
So I get that they haven't a right to display the flag, that there is no need to do so. But what harm is done in doing so?
In my opinion, it stirs Mexican nationalism and incites and anti-American attitude. My opinion is backed up by the signs of many protestors indicating their opinion that the southwest United states actually belongs to Mexico.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
egyptdragon
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4394

Level 3.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:32 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 07:32 PM #81 of 453
Wesker, a number of politicians have brought up your point (about the flags) and have even said that they started as sympathetic, but after seeing what seems to be an anti-American sentiment and only unity in the "mother" country, they now back the proposal.

What worries me about this is that most of the protestors do not understand what the issue is about. I teach at a school on the Mexico/US border. Many of the students are mad because other people tell them to be mad, but they have not actually read what the bills are about. They say "oh they want to kick the Mexicans out" and I have to ask them,"Is t he bill only about Mexicans?"
"No..."
"Is the bill about people who were born in the US?"
"No..."

We have really long conversations of teeth pulling until they realize that it is really not about what they think it is about!

On a somewhat unrelated note: I can understand that it is a pain to actually obtain United States citizenship. Not as hard as some other first world nations (even as a well educated adult, I still wouldn't have enough points right now to become Canadian for example), but the pages of documents that you have to fill out, provide, understand and so forth can be overwhelming. I wonder that if our process made more sense and were refined, we might find more people willing to use the legal routes...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
dope
Carob Nut

Member 2054

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 03:57 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 04:57 PM #82 of 453
Originally Posted by Watts
That's the problem. Americans will do any job for a decent and fair wage. Illegals reduce our labor wages by increasing the labor pool, and it fundamentally changes the equation. Hence, most Americans are against illegal immigration.

For instance, I've seen figures that's stated there's about eight million unemployed Americans right now. I've also seen figures that state there's up to fifteen million illegals in our country. So if all the illegals were removed from this country it'd be easy to assume that.

a) We'd have no unemployed Americans.
b) Since demand for workers is so high, wages/benefits will also be high. In fact I bet every sixteen year old could get a decent paying job. (By decent I mean above the current minimum wage)

Bottom line, Mexico's problems are the result of their corrupt and inadept oligarchy. They need to deal with their problems there, instead of coming here to create even more problems for the average American.
Not necessarily the actual case. Given that unemployement rates will probably go down a bundle, the outsourcing phenomenon has taken tremendous stride recently. Companies might not employ illegal immigrants here but rather pay for cheap labor elsewhere. This act might encourage US companies not to employ locally since wage rates are higher but outsource instead.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
PUG1911

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 04:07 AM #83 of 453
But is it better to have local jobs taken by illegals instead of outsourced? According to opinions I've read, illegals not only don't help the economy, but actively harm it.

Most amazing jew boots
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:32 AM #84 of 453
Originally Posted by Night Phoenix
The entire argument of the pro-illegal immigration side boils down to that because these people are poor, not white, and do low-wage jobs that the law doesn't apply to them. Anyone who suggests otherwise is portrayed at the very least as a racist.

Everytime I read a newspaper paper article or watch a TV program on the subject, the pro-illegal immigration side never wants to acknowledge the fact that these people are breaking the law. What it all suggests to me is that they only want one thing - a completely open border with no restrictions on anyone who crosses in any way, shape, or form.

Never before have I seen such blatant disregard of the laws of this nation by its own citizens who sit here and defend criminals.

But hey, that's the left for you.
Hey, that's the right for you. Anything a rightard doesn't like must be a big conspiracy on the part of all liberals.

I do agree with you on the topic, though.

I live in Quebec, where a college (CƉGEP) education is basically free (my tuition fees were $150 per semester). Free to citizens, anyway. If you're from another country, or even - I think - from another province, you have to pay more.

Well suffice it to say that there are a lot of immigrant assholes around here who aren't happy enough paying a mere $800 or so per semester. They want it even cheaper like the rest of us whose families BUILT this @#$%ing country. They have absolutely no gratitude for living somewhere where they can get an education, let alone getting it so flipping cheap.

So when you talk about these walking shitstains with no regard for the law, that you Americans are having trouble with... well it's a no-brainer.

Double Post:
By the way, I think it's funny how minutemen have been monitoring the B.C.-U.S.A. border recently. What, did they expect to catch a few Chinese or something? Do some of you guys honestly think that any Canadian would need or want to cross into the U.S.A. illegally? That's a fine joke if I've ever heard one!

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by ArrowHead; Apr 2, 2006 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 03:57 PM #85 of 453
But is it better to have local jobs taken by illegals instead of outsourced? According to opinions I've read, illegals not only don't help the economy, but actively harm it.
I've recently heazrd in NPR that in some industries, such as that of masons, illegals make up more than 40% of the work force.

They also said that these are well-paying industries - 15-20 dollars an hour - and that the home-building market, which is responsible for 15%-18% of our GDP.

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 04:15 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 11:15 PM #86 of 453
Originally Posted by ArrowHead
Double Post:
By the way, I think it's funny how minutemen have been monitoring the B.C.-U.S.A. border recently. What, did they expect to catch a few Chinese or something? Do some of you guys honestly think that any Canadian would need or want to cross into the U.S.A. illegally? That's a fine joke if I've ever heard one!
Actually there was a huge ring of illegal Koreans being forced to have sex to pay there way here to the United States a few years ago. Want to know how they came here? Though the American - Canadian boarder because Canada doesn't require people from Korea to have a passport and the boarder between our countries are very lax.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
PUG1911

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:59 AM #87 of 453
I've recently heazrd in NPR that in some industries, such as that of masons, illegals make up more than 40% of the work force.

They also said that these are well-paying industries - 15-20 dollars an hour - and that the home-building market, which is responsible for 15%-18% of our GDP.
Waitaminute, what happened to the 'jobs so bad that real citizens wouldn't do them' argument? That's a decent job, so there goes that argument. Thanks.

FELIPE NO
Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:54 AM #88 of 453
Just because one example doesn't hold it doesn't mean the whole argument is wrong.

What the hell.

That's like saying:

A: All medical doctors perform operations.
B: AHA! Psychiatrists don't! Therefore all doctors do not perform operations.

And where did I say Americans would not do them? You need training for these jobs, I am assuming the employers would rather go with illegals who know how to do their work rather than training an american from scratch.

It's the nature of capitalism.

PUG1911

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 06:14 AM #89 of 453
Just because one example doesn't hold it doesn't mean the whole argument is wrong.

What the hell.

That's like saying:

A: All medical doctors perform operations.
B: AHA! Psychiatrists don't! Therefore all doctors do not perform operations.

And where did I say Americans would not do them? You need training for these jobs, I am assuming the employers would rather go with illegals who know how to do their work rather than training an american from scratch.

It's the nature of capitalism.
Which is exactly my point. The argument has been made (I never said you made it), that illegals are 'needed', and can be supported because the jobs they do are those that wouldn't be filled by citizens. I always assumed this was hogwash, and that it was just an excuse to undercut society's wages.

And you've provided the best example I've heard as to it being a bullshit excuse to undercut society's wages.

And it does discredit the argument in it's entirety because it goes to show that employers are hiring illegals instead of citizens in order to cheap out. And the justification that citizens 'will not' do the job are only true because the jobs have been targeted by the employers at those which will do it illegally.

It is indeed the nature of capitalism, but that doesn't mean that it's right. The minimum wages, etc. are in place for a reason, and this is just a way to get around those laws.

Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 08:18 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 07:18 AM #90 of 453
Quote:
Posted by gukarma

The people who are on the official payroll make 15-20 dollars an hour, sure. But you honestly think the Mexicans are seeing those kinds of wages? When the going rate is $15/hour, and you're only paying your undocumented workers 5, that's a substantial chunk of change going back into your own pocket, and you'd better believe those contractors are doing so.

Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:30 PM #91 of 453
To tell you the truth, I have illegal immigrant friends who do make $12 as painters. Not that far of a stretch.

Quote:
Which is exactly my point. The argument has been made (I never said you made it), that illegals are 'needed', and can be supported because the jobs they do are those that wouldn't be filled by citizens. I always assumed this was hogwash, and that it was just an excuse to undercut society's wages.

And you've provided the best example I've heard as to it being a bullshit excuse to undercut society's wages.

And it does discredit the argument in it's entirety because it goes to show that employers are hiring illegals instead of citizens in order to cheap out. And the justification that citizens 'will not' do the job are only true because the jobs have been targeted by the employers at those which will do it illegally.

It is indeed the nature of capitalism, but that doesn't mean that it's right. The minimum wages, etc. are in place for a reason, and this is just a way to get around those laws.
I have no fucking idea what point you are making, dude.

Most Americans will not clean shit for $6. Illegals will. Therefore illegals profit.

Capitalism makes it work. okthxbye.

It's not inherently bad, it's the nature of the beast.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rei no Otaku
Fanboy

Member 386

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 08:14 PM #92 of 453
Quote:
Most Americans will not clean shit for $6. Illegals will. Therefore illegals profit.
Seeing as how myself, and everyone else working my job with me, was cleaning shit for $6.75, Americans will in fact do it.

Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hopeā„¢

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:06 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 12:06 AM #93 of 453
Of course, if you'd actually read what you quoted, you wouldn't have said what you said.

Plus, how old are you? If you're a teenager or in your early 20s still in school, then of course you would be working for $6.75/hr because that's pretty much the only place people your age get hired because you have no real marketable skills yet.

Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 03:26 PM #94 of 453
Like I said before, I am 18 and I make $12.00/hour, $20.00 sundays.

I live in a high-paying state, though.

I said Americans wouldn't do shitty jobs for minimum wage according to the Americans I know. Maybe I am wrong, after all.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
PUG1911

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:49 PM #95 of 453
"You'd be amazed at what people will do when they are hungry."

FELIPE NO
insertnamehere
looking for a name

Member 2600

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:12 PM #96 of 453
hey don't illegals pay taxes without getting any of it back. Not all illegals get payed in cash some use fake ss#. trust me i live in a mexican neigborhood

Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 05:07 AM #97 of 453
"You'd be amazed at what people will do when they are hungry."
Go into welfare?

PUG1911

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 06:17 AM #98 of 453
Apparently your welfare laws are considerably different than mine. 'Round here you don't get welfare just because you don't feel like working, you need to be laid off from a job and meet other requirements. Plus it only lasts for so long.

Pretty strange system you've got.

Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 06:40 AM #99 of 453
Yeah, massachusetts is crazy ain't it.

Every lazy bum bastard from my high school ends up in welfare. They don't work much.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Igod82
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 226

Level 19.59

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:56 AM #100 of 453
First i would like to dive into my background though for a second, First im of a truly mixed background ( ethnically) My Father is of Mexican-Mestizo extraction where my mother had parents who were English/Dutch - And Irish/Cherokee(50%) - so I come from a diverse background More American than most being that i have more than a quater native american blood, and More american in the way that US here in America of mixed ethnicities represent what the future will look like ( that is once MTV has properly penetrated every society on earth).
Anyways on to the point WATTS - your assumptions are just that assumptions because it is a known fact that within a unemployment Rate % that u will always have a amount of people that wont work even if u gave them a job for $20 D/H - and the Rate of those is about half - so if u have 8 million unemployed u can Estimate from Research that has been done that 4 million wouldnt work if they where given a job. Also Dealing with the Flags me being of Latino decent i understand this - Latins like to display the country they came from, ive worked with illegals and have many friends who are latin imigrants including even my own family who mostly only speaks spanish, Thing is the hispanic culture is different and in this culture the country of their birth or Parents birth means alot. I dont take the flags being displayed as dissing america. The country is always important, I look Kinda white so people hear me talk spanish First Question most ask - What country are u from? Although i dont really see the relevance and importance in this, I find Ethnicity to be more of interest to me that Nationality.
Also the comment made a while back About Illegals Defrauding our nation by not paying taxes - Dont u think it is This country Defrauding the world by not using the greater part of our wealth to Educate Say People in Mexico So they would know how to build up their own country instead of immigrate here, Or how bout Fight Corruption in these countries, instead of setting up sweat shops to take advantage of poor people like our corporations do.
Bottom line - I think its insane that congress would even propose a bill to make illegal immigration a Felony. Lets see A person wants to work and make his familys life better than what they can get in thier own country so HEY lets make Them Felons and lock them in prison, Sound pretty fair to me. And wether or not u like it this country was founded on Illegal Immigration and Destruction that caused the death of millions of My kin ( which was caused by the other half of my blood). I personally see nothing wrong with someone trying to improve their situation - and if Them doing this Means crossing a Border - then do U think they would Care What you or I have to say - i know i wouldnt sit around in a corrupt country and watch my children go without Proper education and stuff when i could cross a simple border and make thier lives 100 times better. Although this is not the intention of all illegals - The majority of the hispanic illegals i know ( i know lots and have some in Family) are trying to do this.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > The Immigration Protests