Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] Ogre ~Grand Repeat~ [DPCX-5081]

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 07:29 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 07:29 PM #1 of 3
Ogre ~Grand Repeat~ [DPCX-5081]

Ogre - Grand Repeat -
Catalogue Number DPCX-5081
Publisher DATAM Polystar Co., Ltd.
Composition Hitoshi Sakimoto & Masaharu Iwata
Arrangement Masatsugu Shinozaki
First Printing October 25, 1996
Out of Print October 24, 1998
Price ¥3059

Download Source:

- Playing Time 38:27
01 GRAND REPEAT / Overture Neo-Overture* 4:32
02 Chilvary and Savegery 4:15
03 Chaotic Island 3:04
04 VENDETTA! 3:33
05 Revolt 3:03
06 Breath of the Earth 4:17
07 GRAND REPEAT II / Fog of Phantom 4:29
08 Fortune Teller 2 3:38
09 Fight It Out! 3:16
10 Passing Moment 4:20

*Available in Tactics Ogre PSX game. Put 'em in your cd player.

Tactics Ogre and Ogre Battle, as far as I remember, the latter was the earliest strategy game I played during PSX era. I was frustated of how hard the game could be. Despite the latter was too hard for me to be finished, the music is very good. This is one of the finest soundtrack done by collaboration of Sakimoto and Iwata. The original music is very epical regardless the quality of SNES and PSX sound driver which couldnt maximize the majestic of the song.

Here in Ogre ~Grand Repeat~ an orchestration of best 10 and most memorable tracks of both series. Why I say the best? Simply because the tracks you encountered in this album would be the most memorable tunes you could find in the game. I couldnt pick which are the best. They are all just too good, despite this album contains only 10 tracks.

Starting from the majestic 01 Neo-Overture which always appears in the Ogre Series, the 02 Chilvary and Savegery which uses a lot of string, brass, and triangle. A fast-paced tempo, makes it sounding really dramatic and symphonic. You could get impression a vast battle scene where Cavalaries and soldiers on heated war.

The 3rd track opening actually reminds me a bit of Dragon Quest Overture. The opening sounds bit similar. Nonetheless, the rest of the track is fine a very dramatic battle theme.

4th track is one of the noticeable track in this album, 04 Vendetta, originally come from Tactics Ogre, in the first battle with Necromancer Cult. The arranged version begins with 50 seconds slow introduction before goes into the main theme. I really love this track.

08 Fortune Teller is the arranged version of typical introduction of Ogre Series. In all Ogre Series, the player usually faced with questions when playing the game for the first time. The arrangement of the track is really good, using woodwind, harp, string, and flute, this track could really dooze you to dream chamber. It's very relaxing and dreamy.

I couldnt say more. This album is good. Very good. I highly recommend any video game music lover to listen this one. If you love Sakimoto and Iwata compositions, you will probably like this one as well. It's true Sakimoto's style has changed, especially the absence of melodious tunes in Final Fantasy XII OST, but you will probably surprised how his style developed since the Ogre series. This is truly a masterpiece.

5/5

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.

Last edited by eriol33; Jun 16, 2006 at 07:16 AM.
Megavolt
Seer

Member 1731

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 05:39 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 04:39 PM #2 of 3
Truly epic stuff. Ogre Battle for the SNES is pretty much the first SRPG I ever played, and it's still one of my favorites. Tactics Ogre is great too, and I'm glad I got to play the PS1 port. I pretty much agree with your assessment of the album, though I personally don't care too much for VENDETTA! and they could've tried to better represent the music from the original Ogre Battle. Revolt is a true classic from Sakimoto and they could've chosen another one to include in the album. Perhaps Impregnable Defense would've been a good choice, as it's quite popular among Ogre Battle fans. I wish I owned this album, but I shouldn't feel too bad since I do own the original soundtracks.

5/5

There's nowhere I can't reach.
~MV
Kenology
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9094

Level 1.86

Jun 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 03:25 PM #3 of 3
Yes! Megavolt, I'm so glad you said that... "Impregnable Defense" or even Sakimoto's own "White Storm" would've been much better selections from the first Ogre game than "Revolt" (though it is an excellent piece).

I'm also disappointed that absolutely none of Hayato Matsuo's compositions were included here. Either "Accretion Disk" or "Dark Matter" would've been very, very welcome. Also, "VENDETTA!" and "Fight it Out!" are excellent pieces... but I would've happily traded them both in for "Harvest Dance" and "Blasphemous Experiment".

Even still, this is one of my favorite orchestrated albums. "Fog of Phantom" and "Chivalry and Savagery" own me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [Album] Ogre ~Grand Repeat~ [DPCX-5081]