Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Complete)

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2009, 01:12 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2009, 02:12 AM #1 of 12
Thumbs up Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Complete)

Did anyone else pick up the new blu-ray version of AC? Just got mine and saw it this evening. Seriously, if you liked the original version of the movie, you'll go nuts over this one. The new movie has like about 30 minutes of additional footage and some re-edited scenes that do well in expanding some character interactions. The fight scene between Cloud and Sephiroth sure was a lot more interesting.

They said that dust, dirt and blood would be introduced and they sure are evident in the new release, though it did look a little weird, probably cause I was used to the original for some reason. Fenrir looked scratched and beat-up by the end of the chase scenes so that seemed more realistic. The few changes are maybe purely superficial but I doubt there are any fans who would really complain.

Heck, the only complaint I'd have would be with the ending while the song "Calling" by Kyosuke Himuro is playing:
Spoiler:
...while Cloud is riding around there was a scene near the end amongst the yellow flowers where we could see Aerith standing and she turns around towards us. Sadly, that scene is now gone...

...but possibly we got one better right at the very end:
Spoiler:
...after the song ends we see Cloud's desk in Seventh Heaven and look at the photo frames sitting there (they contain the photos of a: Cloud, Tifa, Marlene and Denzel; and b: the whole gang in front of the bar). Then the scene changes to some yellow flowers. As the camera pans out you can hear a pair of footsteps approaching and you can now see that the flowers are on the cliff overlooking Midgar and Edge city, the exact spot where Zack's buster sword used to be. Then you hear Tifa's voice say: "Is this someone's grave?". Cloud answers her: "No. This is where a Hero began his journey". The scene then changes to see the church wall where Zack's buster sword now rests. Instead of the old rusted sword we had seen numerous times before, the sword now looks almost brand-new.

The extras are okay. The animated On the Way to a Smile - Episode Denzel was pretty good. A pretty decent backstory to Denzel even at only 20-30 minutes long. I kind'a wish they included The Last Order as well though. There are 3 featurettes, Legacy of Final Fantasy VII, Reminiscence of Final Fantasy VII, and Reminiscence of Final Fantasy VII Compilation. There are 5 trailers and a sneak peek at the game Final Fantasy XIII, basically a 10-15 minute trailer. No demo.

All in all, a good purchase at HK$275.00 at CD Warehouse in Times Square (I didn't feel like going to HMV over in Stylehouse).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2009, 09:09 PM #2 of 12
I've seen the original and been planning on getting this one but i'm guessing the US version doesn't bring the FFXIII demo, not even with just english subtitles.
Seen some of the added clips online though, most of the adds look as if they didn't effect the original scenes except for the ones in the sephiroth fight. Still planning on getting anyway since it would be nice to own it on blueray

There's nowhere I can't reach.

New Record!
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2009, 09:29 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2009, 08:29 PM #3 of 12
I was never interested enough in the original version to ever see it, but it looks so much better on blu-ray (plus I here that the film is actually better with the added scenes) that I'll probably pick this up sometime soon. As for the lack of the FFXIII demo, I could care less, because I already own Xenosaga.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:01 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2009, 07:01 PM #4 of 12
Best part of this cut, is the parts where they added more dialogue for Rufus's explaination of Geostigma, which the script really needed. Also showing how bad the illness can get was an improvement. I never percieve geostigma as that that big of a problem untill they padded it out with more dialogue and showing how bad it can get.

Best new action sequence is the Reno and Rude chopper support on the highway chase scene, really cool AND funny.

Also love that Tseung and Elena got a frigging close up, they were so shafted in the original cut.

I am glad I got the version with the demo, cause afte realising the import had the English audio track, there was no reason for me to get the US version. It was more expensive, but if I had just bought the movie only, it wouldn't have been worth much.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Jun 4, 2009, 04:36 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2009, 10:36 AM #5 of 12
Just excited to get a blu-ray copy of the movie, and so far everyone has said it's better than the original cut which doesn't surprise me with how rushed the original feels. As long as the Japanese audio is intact with halfway decent subtitles I'm satisfied. Shame there'll be no demo but oh welly, no big deal.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:40 AM #6 of 12
I was too wrapped up in other things that I totally forgot this was even out. I guess I'm not [i]too[i] excited for it as I don't have a blu-ray player. I want to get a PS3 but I haven't even saved any money for it yet : / Does the extra footage really make it a lot better? I enjoyed the original one despite what everyone said about it.

Just checked Amazon and they have a Rated and Unrated version. What's the difference between them or is it an Amazon error?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Jun 4, 2009, 08:14 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2009, 02:14 PM #7 of 12
I would think they would both be unrated as it never got a theatrical release. I assume it's an error a mis-labeling of the extended vs. original cuts.

How ya doing, buddy?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 08:20 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2009, 09:20 PM #8 of 12
I am glad I got the version with the demo, cause afte realising the import had the English audio track, there was no reason for me to get the US version. It was more expensive, but if I had just bought the movie only, it wouldn't have been worth much.
Does it have english subs? I heard there was an english dub present but I never knew for sure. I was never into dubbed anime (TV or movies) so I steered clear of the Japanese import. But DANG! now that I think about it that demo would've been nice to have....

Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
Just checked Amazon and they have a Rated and Unrated version. What's the difference between them or is it an Amazon error?
Never heard anything about that. Incidently, I just realized that my box has a sticker on it that reads: Extended Director's Cut with 26 Minutes of NEW Footage! ~ probably doesn't mean anything though...

WAIT! - the back cover has a small black box with the word UNRATED in bold black letters. Don't know what that actually means though since it also says Special Features are not rated underneath...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2009, 09:50 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2009, 06:50 AM 1 #9 of 12
There's no English subs for the JP version. But to me, the demo makes up for it.

Here's the exclusive JP Itunes FF7AC Complete Mini Album.

FFVII ACC Mini Album - EP.rar

01) The Chase of Highway [FFVII ACC Version]
02) Those Who Fight Further [FFVII ACC Version]
03) Sign [FFVII ACC Long Version] 5:06
04) Advent: One-Winged Angel [FFVII ACC Long Version]
05) On the Way to a Smile [Episode Denzel]

Jam it back in, in the dark.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Elix
Wark!

Member 1673

Level 1.60

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:01 PM #10 of 12
I'll pick it up, eventually. If only for the great-looking CG.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:52 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2009, 10:52 PM #11 of 12
I actually really enjoyed the Final Fantasy 7 compilation videos included on the disc. It really put the movie into context and clarified a few things that I hadn't realized on my first or second playthrough. The translation was better, too, which helped.

I haven't watched the movie with the added footage yet, because a friend wanted to see it with me, but from reports I've seen it's still mostly fanservice and little substance.

Still, I don't feel like I particularly wasted my money.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2009, 09:20 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2009, 08:20 PM #12 of 12
Picked up the movie about a week after it released and just got around to watching it today. The movie is definitely a little more coherent, with the new scenes filling some of the plot holes. It was great seeing Elena and Tseng getting more screen time, but I was a little bummed out that they removed the part where Reno and Rude were scaling the building to get to the safety netted Rufus (it was hilarious when Reno stepped on Rude as he scaled the building, in the original).

I noticed that not the whole movie was "HD", it seemed like only the new scenes were sharp while the old ones appeared to be just upscaled from the original (try watching the original DVD release on the PS3, and you'll notice it too). Which is a rather lazy job done, unless the source was SD or something. The lighting in the some of the new stuff looked a little of place as well, most apparent with the new highway footage and the flowers in the after credits scene (could also be because the images are actually HD in the new footage).

I also noticed that the original's credits song "Calling" remains, I thought the new one "Safe and Sound" by Kimuro Hyosuke and Gerard Way was supposed to replace this? I checked out both the english and japanese tracks, and it's still "Calling". A little disappointing, as "Safe and Sound" has grown on me (didn't like it when I first heard it, though). Does anyone know why they opted to remove the song from the NA release? Hopefully it's not because they saving it for a limited edition blu-ray release, like what they with Last Order.

And thanks for the mini album Kairi, though it's too bad that they didn't include the ACC versions of "Beyond the Wasteland" and "Battle in the Forgotten City". Here's a rip of "Safe and Sound" I made off of a rip of the japanese version of ACC.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Complete)