Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Tsubasa Chronicle

soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:54 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 05:54 PM #1 of 69
Tsubasa Chronicle

The abominable adaptation of Tsubasa Chronicle continues its run on April 29 with its second batch of episodes. All that's known at this time is that there's going to be a new OP (IT'S by Kinya) and ED (Kazemichi Jet by Sakamoto Maaya). It's quite likely that this season will end around the current manga arc if it's structured like the first season.

Quote:
Sakura is the princess of the Kingdom of Clow, which is ruled by her older brother, King Touya. Her childhood friend, Syaoran, is a young archaeologist. Sakura is revealed to have strange powers when she has a vision of a mysterious symbol and places she has never seen. Meanwhile, Syaoran discovers the same symbol at the ruins he is excavating. When Sakura goes to the ruins to confess her love for Syaoran, she spots the symbol. Ghostly wings appear on her back and a mysterious force begins to pull her into the walls of the ruins. Syaoran rescues her in time, but her wings are scattered across dimensions. The High Priest, Yukito, immediately realizes that Sakura's "wings" were the manifestation of her soul and memories; without her wings, she will die.

Yukito sends Syaoran and the unconscious Sakura to the Witch of Dimensions, Yuuko. There he meets Kurogane, a rough-mannered ninja banished from his world by Princess Tomoyo, and Fay D. Fluorite (or Fai D. Flowright, or other combinations of Fai/Fye/Fay and Fluorite/Flowright), a magician who fled his world to avoid King Ashura. Each of them must pay with what he values most in order to gain the power to cross dimensions. Only when the three agree to her terms does Yuuko present them with the power to cross dimensions: Mokona Modoki.

With Mokona in their possession, the three venture off to other worlds to recover Sakura's memory.

Most amazing jew boots
Swordstalker
guardian of princess nyanko

Member 149

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:34 PM #2 of 69
I liked the first episodes quite much buit i didnt come to watch the rest jet.
On April 29 new episodes come, you say. Are they already licensed like the first 26?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:31 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:31 PM #3 of 69
Originally Posted by Swordstalker
On April 29 new episodes come, you say. Are they already licensed like the first 26?
I don't believe so. FUNimation hasn't alluded to an acquisition beyond the first 26 episodes.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:22 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 06:22 PM #4 of 69
Like it matters. Dattebayo/Live-Evil will keep subbing it anyways, just like they're doing Naruto.

Just under 2 months! Yay! ^__^

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:10 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 03:10 PM #5 of 69
I'm watching the first saga now, I'm currently at episode 19. So far it's been good.
When I finish watching it I'll post my thoughs on it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:34 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 04:34 PM #6 of 69
I just finished episode 26, even though saw the first episode quite some time ago. The first few were somewhat cheesy though, especially with what I felt were scenes that had the wrong music choice. I was quite happy with the way things eventually turned though. Actually, I was up until 3 in the morning during the Outo episodes, being completely mesmerized by the plot (and music).

And Fay rocks. I'm constantly waiting for him to battle.

This art in this series is great; it's one of my favorites. I really like how the shading isn't overdone. Yesh!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 05:45 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:45 AM #7 of 69
I saw 16 episodes right now.is really great anime,I think is best art for anime right now

FELIPE NO
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 02:55 AM #8 of 69
It's a pretty decent anime, I liked what I saw. I liked the manga better but that's usually the case with me. I'm curious about the new episodes beacuse I haven't been keeping up on plot or anything and god knows I'm far too lazy to actually read something if I can just watch it play out in front of me so easily

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Baaah~
David Deluxe
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 1181

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 05:35 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 12:35 AM #9 of 69
For those who don't know where to get a subbed version of the Tsubasa Chronicle Movie:

Shinsen-Subs released it today and I'd say that the video quality and the subbing itself was done very well, despite some minor typing mistakes. However, you can only get this file in their IRC room, so if you want to download it via BT, you have to wait or search for another release. I don't know why you can only get it there, since I don't know anything about Shinsen's current situation, but the staff reacts very bad-tempered regarding questions.

While I'm not aware of the usual length of those movies, 35 minutes seems to be a little bit too short. Looked at it that way, the movie is practically just a normal episode with, in my opinion, improved arts. I won't say anything in respect of the story, but the "movie" is definitely worth a watch, especially if you liked the normal Tsubasa Chronicle episodes.

Here are some screens to compare the differences between the Tsubasa Chronicle Movie and the Anime itself. In motion, everything looks really smooth and the style is a welcome change from the "normal" Tsubasa Chronicle.

Tsubasa Chronicle Movie:

Tsubasa Chronicle Anime:

If you want to get the file, join #Shinsen-Subs @ irc.rizon.net

Jam it back in, in the dark.

[SCHWARZE 4 - Sepp Bonhof]
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:09 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 05:09 PM #10 of 69
Originally Posted by David Deluxe
While I'm not aware of the usual length of those movies, 35 minutes seems to be a little bit too short. Looked at it that way, the movie is practically just a normal episode with, in my opinion, improved arts. I won't say anything in respect of the story, but the "movie" is definitely worth a watch, especially if you liked the normal Tsubasa Chronicle episodes.

Here are some screens to compare the differences between the Tsubasa Chronicle Movie and the Anime itself. In motion, everything looks really smooth and the style is a welcome change from the "normal" Tsubasa Chronicle.
I fanboyed over the trailer when they showed the scene of the four arriving at Yuuko's. I was like, "This is what the anime series should have looked like."

Tsubasa Chronicle's movie was screened as with the xxxHOLiC movie as a double feature. If you put the runtimes of the two together, you get a pretty decent runtime anyways. It works out in the end, as the two are linked anyways.

Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:42 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 08:42 AM #11 of 69
Does anybody have just an .SRT file for the Tsubasa movie? The MVK was cool, but no subs. ;_;

I'm working on a torrent of Shinsen-Subs video, but it would be quicker to get an SRT and meld that in with the file I already have.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:34 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 01:34 PM #12 of 69
I liked this show now that I've watched all of it.
Is this movie connected to the XXXHolic movie in any way ? (I belive the trailer said so but I'm not sure)

I'll wait a bit until someone makes a torrent for this movie, I don't like IRC Fservers at all, so I just use them as a last resort.
Oh, and for those of you who have seen the movie, is it good ?

How ya doing, buddy?
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 05:50 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 04:50 PM #13 of 69
Originally Posted by Yuna
I liked this show now that I've watched all of it.
Is this movie connected to the XXXHolic movie in any way ? (I belive the trailer said so but I'm not sure)

I'll wait a bit until someone makes a torrent for this movie, I don't like IRC Fservers at all, so I just use them as a last resort.
Oh, and for those of you who have seen the movie, is it good ?
Yeah, the movie's connected to the xxxHOLiC movie.

I thought the movie was pretty, well, forgettable. You can watch it and be entertained, but on the other hand you're apt to forget it pretty quickly. It's just a thirty-five minute movie; there's not much in the way of depth or plot.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:52 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 08:52 PM #14 of 69
The AVI was up at a torrent on Mininova, but it apparantly got canned from the tracker it was on or something, which is why I'm looking for the SRTs. Getting files from IRC bots SUCK. I tried it and most of the time I was like, 100000000th in line so what's the point?

Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:33 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 08:33 AM #15 of 69
I just downlaoded to fansubs for this movie, one from Stactic Sub and another from a group I don't know ( Q-R ), unfortunatly I haven't had time to watch it yesterday, but from the little I've seen I can tell the animation looks great.

Since soulsteelgray is telling that these movies are connected I'll probably download xXxHolic too.

FELIPE NO
David Deluxe

Member 1181

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:39 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 05:39 PM #16 of 69
Originally Posted by Sir VG
Getting files from IRC bots SUCK. I tried it and most of the time I was like, 100000000th in line so what's the point?
Well, I always used Bit Torrent during the last year, but some days ago I finally decided to download animes via IRC. I don't have to wait at all, the speed is superb and at any rate faster than BT, so I can't complain about that. Perhaps you just came at an inconvenient time. =/

By the way, I'd upload the file somewhere, but with my horrible upload speed it would take like eight hours to do this.

Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:34 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 09:34 PM #17 of 69
Quote:
one from Stactic Sub and another from a group I don't know ( Q-R ),
Q-R's MKV file is a multi-audio RAW. Hence why I'm looking for SRTs.

Quote:
By the way, I'd upload the file somewhere, but with my horrible upload speed it would take like eight hours to do this.
Well, I work. It means I'm away for 8 hrs+. Not like I'm really waiting, so neener to your excuse. ^^ (Wanna upload to an FTP?)

Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 05:47 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 08:47 AM #18 of 69
Q-R's MKV file is a multi-audio RAW. Hence why I'm looking for SRTs.
If you happend to find the SRTs would you mind posting them here ?
The image quality of this MKV is a lot better than the AVI, and I wouldn't like to ditch it away just because there's no subbing.

David Deluxe

Member 1181

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 08:26 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 03:26 PM #19 of 69
Well, I work. It means I'm away for 8 hrs+. Not like I'm really waiting, so neener to your excuse. ^^ (Wanna upload to an FTP?)
I could do this during night, but my PC usually freezes every third or fourth hour. You should understand that this whole uploading issue could get a little bit lengthy and frustrating for me. As I said before, if you really want to get this file, you should try it via IRC again or wait for some SRTs to show up. =/

How ya doing, buddy?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:42 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 11:42 PM #20 of 69
Hi ya... I wonder if this thread also for manga talk. have you latest raw? damn cool, I speculate clamp will finish x/1999 in this tsubasa.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:49 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 04:49 PM #21 of 69
Originally Posted by eriol
Hi ya... I wonder if this thread also for manga talk. have you latest raw? damn cool, I speculate clamp will finish x/1999 in this tsubasa.
I highly doubt it. I'd be pretty disappointed if they took such a cheap way out.

I just see this new world as a teaser for the end of X.

I was speaking idiomatically.
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:26 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 07:26 AM #22 of 69
check out here if you want to grab the raw scans. I'm quite excited, since the scene will remind you to the earlier volume of X, where Hinoto had a dream about the devastated Tokyo and Kamui was wearing some kind of yellow hood.

eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 08:57 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 08:57 PM #23 of 69
I have watched Tsubasa the Movie today... and to be honest I'm disappointed with the story. What's the point of making a very short 35-minute movie? why dont they put this into the tv series instead? I would prefer call this an OVA rather than a movie. It's too short and there is no story developed. I hope xxxHolic is much better than this.

3/5

FELIPE NO
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:05 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 06:05 PM #24 of 69
also me I saw it yesterday,and yes is too short only 34 mins and I didn't like story on movie.

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 06:00 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 05:00 PM #25 of 69
Originally Posted by eriol
I have watched Tsubasa the Movie today... and to be honest I'm disappointed with the story. What's the point of making a very short 35-minute movie? why dont they put this into the tv series instead? I would prefer call this an OVA rather than a movie. It's too short and there is no story developed. I hope xxxHolic is much better than this.

3/5
The xxxHOLiC and Tsubasa movies were written with the intention of having a "linked" double feature. (The trailer even says, "Our stories are linked.") They just decided to give xxxHOLiC more focus than Tsubasa, to which I say "bravo."

The length of the Tsubasa movie is not at all an uncommon length in Japan. The Digimon movies maxed out at around 45 minutes, easy. (The 3rd movie was split into two segments, so it ends up being the longest Digimon movie.)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Tsubasa Chronicle