Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Wii Have a Problem

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 01:58 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 08:58 AM #1 of 52
Wii Have a Problem

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/

A site to describe all the Wii accidents due to the WiiMote flying around the room.

Quote:
"Wii have a problem" is a blog focused on bringing you the latest trend in gaming violence. That of damaged electronic loved ones caused from Wii related activities. Why? Because we're fanboys that's why.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 02:21 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 01:21 AM #2 of 52
Er, honestly, if you're swinging your Wiimote so hard that the wrist strap breaks, I think maybe you have a problem.

Seriously, though, some are pretty funny. I sincerely hope that there was someone outside to see the Wiimote that flew through a window.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

devilmaycry
Chocobo

Member 4461

Level 13.07

Apr 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 04:11 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 09:11 AM #3 of 52
From all the thing I though that could go wrong with the Wii this wasn't one of them, but not that I think about it it's really bound to happen to almost everyone in some degree. I for one have (very?) sweaty hand while playing and I can see the Wiimote flying from my hands on a action packed game... all I know is that if the Wiimote broke my TV the console would meet the trash bin in the same instant! That or I would stop playing until a 3rd party Wiimote is available.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 04:54 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 10:54 PM #4 of 52

Sigh.

Wii Sports isn't the fucking Olympics, ok. I don't know why people go around taking a built-in game so seriously. Does anyone remember that time someone was attempting to sue Konami because they broke their leg while playing Dance Dance Revolution?

I haven't played a Wii yet. Is really really fast movement in the Wii Sports games seriously this necessary? I'm not surprised this is happening though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 05:12 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 03:12 AM #5 of 52
The video of the guy that hasn't slept for 5 days is PRICELESS.

I was speaking idiomatically.
StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 05:18 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 04:18 AM #6 of 52
Haha, wow, I somehow hadn't seen that before. That guy is my new hero.

How ya doing, buddy?

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 05:22 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 03:22 AM #7 of 52
Originally Posted by Megalixir
I haven't played a Wii yet. Is really really fast movement in the Wii Sports games seriously this necessary? I'm not surprised this is happening though.
Not really. Swift movement is nice to get the power, but you can accomplish the same thing using smaller arm movements that you can imitating the actual action on the screen.

But I have rather sweaty hands, and I've *never* had a problem with the controller even coming close to slipping out of my grip, and the strap is durable enough so that you have to put in WAY more power than necessary to break it.

Most amazing jew boots
Chairman Kaga
ALL ABOARD!

Member 592

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 07:53 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 10:53 PM #8 of 52
Originally Posted by JasonTerminator
The video of the guy that hasn't slept for 5 days is PRICELESS.
He'll be waiting a LONG time till he gets his hands on a PS3. Loved it when he said "DO WHAT YOU WANT."

Most amazing jew boots
Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 08:30 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 11:00 AM #9 of 52
yeah, I kind of figured the wire snap would've been a big problem. especially when you give them to kids, cause kids would destroy it just because it can be destroyed

Jam it back in, in the dark.

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 11:06 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 06:06 PM #10 of 52
To have sweaty hands is one thing, another is a case of morons wanting to be internet heroes. LOOK I JUST DID.

It's not fucking inevitable that this will happen to you.
I dare any of you to stand forward and say you play with exaggerated moves like that. I will only laugh at you for looking like a retarded fruitcake.

I did feel sorry for this guy though.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:10 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 12:10 PM #11 of 52
Originally Posted by devilmaycry
From all the thing I though that could go wrong with the Wii this wasn't one of them, but not that I think about it it's really bound to happen to almost everyone in some degree. I for one have (very?) sweaty hand while playing and I can see the Wiimote flying from my hands on a action packed game... all I know is that if the Wiimote broke my TV the console would meet the trash bin in the same instant! That or I would stop playing until a 3rd party Wiimote is available.
Dearest Troll, they had grip pads on sale before the console was released. Problem. Solved.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:48 PM #12 of 52
Wow, that video with the guy cutting his fingers playing Wii Tennis... ouch, that sucks.

As for throwing Wiimotes... I just can't see it. Even if you do get sweaty hands playing video games [which generally happens when you're gaming unless your house is an icebox], that's it's not easy to THROW a controller that you have a decent grip on. Or should have.

I have to say, I think Penny Arcade said it best.

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:58 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 06:58 AM #13 of 52
I think this says it best.

I was always under the impression that Wii Sports was only a taste of the Wii remote's capabilities and to give people a taste of what it's like to use. In saying that, people taking the game seriously is kinda pointless.

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 01:00 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 08:00 PM #14 of 52
Originally Posted by Lukage
Dearest Troll, they had grip pads on sale before the console was released. Problem. Solved.
Imagine the smell of those things after using them a few times.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 01:02 PM #15 of 52
I feel sorry for those poor TVs though.

Also I agree with lix, Penny Arcade said it best.

FELIPE NO

#654: Braixen
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 01:07 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 11:07 AM #16 of 52
I think the dude who got hit by the fan should have paid more attention to the "GTFO of the way of objects" warnings.

It's his own fault.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 01:09 PM #17 of 52
I don't even have a Wii myself cause they are always sold out when I can get to the store. And what do I see ? Morons that can't even play maturely. Give me your Wii before destroying your life.

Most amazing jew boots

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 03:42 PM #18 of 52
Lesson learned here:

- Play in open area's
- Use the fucking wrist strap.
- Make sure the wrist strap is secure.
- Wipe your damn hands if it gets sweaty. This isn't a PS3 controller where you can let it slide or something.

I want a Wii myself, even before I get one, i'm doing alot of shit to make sure this doesn't happen to me. But I swear, people lose common sense when they start playing the Wii sometimes.

"Oh, I didn't see that fan."
Why the fuck were you swinging that high anyway?

"It slipped out of my hands."
1. Why are you swinging so hard.
2. That ball in Wii Baseball isn't going to go any faster than a 100. Lay off already.

But here's a solution to everyone's problems. Get a projector instead of you 60" HDTV. At least if it slips, you're only hitting the wall. And the controller costs a lot less than the remote to replace than your HDTV does.

Fiddlegoof
Chicken butt!

Member 16189

Level 13.88

Nov 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 08:06 PM #19 of 52
wow, someone has to be a hardcore gamer for that to happen.

Most amazing jew boots
Free.User
See You, Space Cowboy

Member 62

Level 32.80

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 10:55 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 07:55 PM #20 of 52
Wii Skid-Proof Glove to the rescue!

Mario Kart DS: 498293-921939____
Star Fox Command: 155-576-696-451____
Metroid Prime Hunters: 4854-1233-4943____
Final Fantasy III: 506891214495____
Xfire: freuser____
Steam: Free.User
____
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 10:58 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 10:58 PM #21 of 52
Originally Posted by Grawl
Imagine the smell of those things after using them a few times.
Worst comes to worst you push the thing through the dishwasher. The typical user's armpits will probably smell more than the controller.

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 03:15 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 12:15 AM #22 of 52
Originally Posted by Killerina Evilova
I feel sorry for those poor TVs though.
Why? You think you could give them a better home? *wink wink*

Seriously, use some common sense. Don't fling the wiimote all over the place.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 08:54 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 07:54 AM #23 of 52
This web site, along with an article about the Wiimote, was featured on Yahoo! hompage this morning: http://videogames.yahoo.com/ongoingf...=494785&page=0

People just need to stand back a bit when someone is Wiiing - they don't call it a nunchuck controller for nothin'!

How ya doing, buddy?
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Logan
The Universe's Most Wanted

Member 10849

Level 4.85

Aug 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 02:40 AM #24 of 52
My view on the flying wiimote issue:

"Hello everyone. My name is Jason, and I'm here to tell you Nintendo didn't think this Wiimote thing through.

You see, I was so hyped about the Wii, letting me play as if I was actually the character I'm controlling, like in Wii Sports. I blazed through the manual and noticed that the instructions say to swing the Wiimote gently. I remember Nintendo spokespeople saying the same thing, saying that only small motions were necessary.

**** THAT!

I'm gonna swing this mother****er around like crazy. Oh its ok. I have the wrist strap on. Sure, I'll get worn out and possible pulled muscles swinging my wiimote with over-excessive force, but I don't care! I'll look cool in the mirror as I play by myself! If my friends see me, they's all be like 'COOL! He's going crazy with his Wii! And he doesn't even HAVE to to control his characters! AWESOME, D00DZ!!' Yeah. I'm so ****ing awesome. Oh...I'm getting a bit sweaty. The wiimote is slipping a bit, but its ok. I have the wrist strap! Time to play baseball!

Ok, I have baseball on. Ah...the pitcher is throwing a slow ball. I'll just pretend I'm a real baseball player and power-swing this wiimote with every ounce of my power. **** small movements, I'll LOOK cool if I-"

*SLLLLIP! CRASH!!!*

"ZOMGWTFLOLBBQ?!?!?!?! OMG YOU ****ING NINTENDO MORONS! HOW COULD YOU MAKE SUCH A FAULTY SYSTEM AND A CONTROLLER THAT SUCKS THIS MUCH?! I BROKE MY WINDOW, FAN, TV, VASE, CAR, BRAIN, CAT, HOUSE WITH YOUR GODDAMN CONTROLLER!

ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS SWING THE WIIMOTE AS HARD AND AS FAST AS I POSSIBLY CAN WITHOUT THINKING OF THE CONSEQUENCES AND YOU MADE ME BREAK BOTH MY ARMS AND GIVE ME 3RD DEGREE BURNS! NOW I'M GOING TO TELL ALL MY FRIENDS ON MY SONY/MICROSOFT MESSAGE BOARDS ALL ABOUT THIS SO THEY CAN TEST THIS OUT THEMSELVES AND MAKE FAKE VIDEOS! **** YOU ALL!"

How ya doing, buddy?
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:06 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 09:06 AM #25 of 52
Ugh, the idiots who swing way too hard with it are wasting all their energy and it'll obviously end in tragedy. Nintendo shouldn't have to edit their product to accomodate these morons. I saw my friend playing Wii Bowling last night and he was swinging way too hard with it as well as not even attaching the wriststrap. This is probably what most of them are doing... but still I can't see how they manage to swing so hard without having a tight grip on the controller. How is it possible?

Originally Posted by Malmer
They're right, I don't see how it happens either. Human sweat isn't as lubricant as astroglide and butter, for christ's sake.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Wii Have a Problem