Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Silent Hill - Origins

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:21 PM #76 of 86
This coulda been better if it were available on the ps3 for download. This aint bad either but a few graphic upgrade will be needed. This is proof that SH0 did very well on the psp. Too bad there's no release date for it yet.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zuare
Chocobo

Member 392

Level 9.00

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:31 PM Local time: Jan 15, 2008, 04:31 AM #77 of 86
Is there a source for this news?
I think it's probably true, but I can't seem to find any websites reporting it.

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:03 AM #78 of 86
I finished this game the other day and I have to say it's scared the shit out of me on a couple of levels. I'm not too fond of a couple of things though. A. Monsters aggro on you waaaay too bad. I can be outside and barely see the static and hear "RAAURGH" and here comes one of those skinwalking spitters out of no where. B. if you have too many monsters on you, there's nothing you can do. You're dead. C. There's no outrunning shit like you could in the other Silent Hill games.

Other than those things, I absolutely love this game. I got the Brawler achievement and when I restarted, got the Moon Gauntlets and a few costumes. The monster designs have been interesting. I like how there's a new one related to each area. (The ones in the motel freaked me the fuck out though)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2008, 03:12 PM #79 of 86
I finished this game the other day and I have to say it's scared the shit out of me on a couple of levels. I'm not too fond of a couple of things though. A. Monsters aggro on you waaaay too bad. I can be outside and barely see the static and hear "RAAURGH" and here comes one of those skinwalking spitters out of no where. B. if you have too many monsters on you, there's nothing you can do. You're dead. C. There's no outrunning shit like you could in the other Silent Hill games.
Then how the fuck did you beat it then? Did you seriously just dodge them or something? Best weapon for them would be?

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2008, 04:41 PM #80 of 86
lol. If you have your flashlight off, they don't "see" you. So I just snuck up and just beat the fuck out of shit with my fists. Outside, I found a little "trick" that I just ran around until I found a building I could enter. Once I entered the building and went back outside, they reset to where ever they were. I think at the end, my enemies killed by fists was like 111.

The hard part was timing the punches from that thing that looked like an giant ass scraping on it's floppy head... and I just shot those fucking shade walking things in the hospital.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 02:42 AM #81 of 86
Yeah... PSP controls isn't forgiving with this game either. :\ But yeah... those (FIRST BOSS) enemies are brutal. I just couldn't bring myself to head outside without fearing those things GUNNING FOR ME! OMG. That's just what I don't understand, the previous Silent Hills weren't THIS bad in terms of monsters just GOING AFTER YOU LIKE THEY GOT NOTHING TO DO. Its hard to appreciate the nature of this game without worrying constantly about enemies in general.

Thank you for the tip on the flashlight. I'll be sure to have it off. I do remember doing that trick with in and out reseting their positions in the previous silent hills. Shame that the weapons break too often. It'd be nice if we could like double up our fist power OR SOMETHING.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 05:51 AM #82 of 86
Beat the game with beating as many enemies with your bare fists as you can. If you can get the timing right, most every enemy can be killed by punching the fuck out of it. You should get the Brawler achievement. I think that's what unlocked the Moon Gauntlets and I believe those are like a permanent upgrade for your fists. I killed a nurse in just two hits. I'm going to play through it again to see if I can unlock anything else. My friend (who finished it about the same time I did) got Night Vision goggles as part of his end-game goodies.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 04:10 PM #83 of 86
Not sure how much I trust gamefaqs, but they claim that it is coming out early March. So many games to buy that month X_X
(this, Baroque, Chaos Wars, Mana Khemina...yeah...broke)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2008, 02:32 AM #84 of 86
the game is out since last november >.> but I suppose you're talking about GoW on psp? which yes is coming out in march.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Inhert; Feb 17, 2008 at 02:45 AM.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Feb 17, 2008, 02:55 AM Local time: Feb 17, 2008, 05:55 PM #85 of 86
I think he might have been talking about the upcoming PS2 port? I dunno. =)

Doesn't look too good when on the big screen. ;_;

I was speaking idiomatically.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2008, 09:51 AM #86 of 86
there really is a ps2 port?? I thought it was a rumor :\

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Silent Hill - Origins