Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] WTF = Work Time Fun

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 12:17 PM #1 of 8
WTF = Work Time Fun

No really, and I'm going to save you the countless jokes associated with it.
This is clearly what I meant:

Named "Baito Hell 2000" in Japan, this clever acronym captures our attention and offers some truely messed up gameplay. Often compared to Warioware, this game franchise actually came about before Warioware, believe or not, with roots on the Saturn with Jigoku something in it's title.

While it may not be nearly as fast as Warioware, this game makes up for it with disturbing visuals and reaaaallllly ****ed up minigames.

(pics to come)
__________________________________________________ ______________
4 Fingers
----------
You know that masochistic game where you lay your hand out and spread your fingers apart as you proceed to stab the spaces in between them at an increasing speed? That's it! Complete with a cringe-worthy stabbing sound and scream for when you will eventually impale your finger. NOT for children.

Pendemonium
----------
Probably the most infamous Baito Hell game out of all of them. You put the caps on pens. Sometimes, those pens are upside-down. To remedy that, flip the pen over before putting the cap on. Did I mention that the counter at the bottom allows for you to assemble anywhere up to whatever the hell comes after a nonillion pens (999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999, 999 pens the counter goes up to!). I get the feeling that some lunatic in the world will try to assemble this many pens.

Lumberjack
----------
Press a button to chop logs. The old lady keeps putting them out at a constant rate. Thing is, she's a bit senile, so she'll put out bunny rabbits and dolphins sometimes which you have to try to avoid. Take more than one second to decide whether to chop or not and you lose. If you accidentally chop an animal it's blood and guts splatter on you.

Ready to Order?
----------
My favourite minigame. You are the waitress in a restaurant that apparently doesn't tolerate times of more than 9 seconds when it comes to taking orders. You have to get the order correct for a booth of anywhere from 2-6 people. These people cancel their order frequently and have hard to decipher voices sometimes. Some people like to order mixed parfaits by the unit: "Mixed parfait...and....mixed...parfait...and...[etc.]" and other nonsense from the crazy menu. If you don't have the order completely entered perfectly into your trusty palm computer by the end of 9 seconds after the customers finish, you fail massively.

All of these work related games pay you tiny, crapload amounts (although if you sat down and assembled pens at $0.03 per pen for an hour, you'd make a killing within an hour if you don't die of boredom). Yay! Money......to be wasted on vending machines.

Vending Machines cost anywhere from $1.00 to $50.00 for a single play. Most of the time you get useless trinkets such as a snake toy or shogi pieces, all with humourous descriptions. If you're lucky though, you'll get new minigames, useful tools, and ultra-rare collectibles (the planet Venus, anyone?).

On top of that you get emails from your fellow hell temp job colleagues and various titles for wasting your life within these jobs such as "Accurate Chick Sorter" and "Modestly Silly Lunatic".

Official Website

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Summonmaster; Oct 21, 2006 at 12:28 PM.
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 12:34 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 10:34 AM #2 of 8
I'm shocked a game like this made it to the US considering SCEA has a strict (and retarded) approval system. The PSP needs more original titles like this. I might pick it up if the reviews are good.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 01:38 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 09:38 PM #3 of 8
Thing is, where Warioware is a fruitsalad of a hundred minigames in a minute, with you having fun even before you can react, Baito Hell 2000 is Baito Hell quite literally (Baito meaning part time job), with you doing the same monotonous button press over and over and over for a good 3-5 minutes. And then you earn a few points of currency, that can eventually be used to buy either pointless stuff or more (long) minigames.

I guess POSTMODERNISM enhusiasts can say it's a clever and witty metaphor for the modern day cycle of labor and consumerism, but good game? Well at least you have the eye-catching (though cringe inducing) name.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 01:48 PM #4 of 8
It's a shitty game, but as an art piece, it's brilliant.

I'd have preferred it if there was an easy way to earn money in the game (as in, "I get the joke, ha ha, it would take me forever to earn money just like a real job. Now let me play the game.").

I just want to be able to play some of the other funny jobs without having to put 50,000,000 caps on pens (which for me is the fastest way of earning money... ugh.).

I mean, for example, there's a job that requires you to come back to the PSP hours later at a specific time (fishing). There no way I'd do that, but it's a clever idea.

This game reminds me of Takeshi's Challenge in the sense that it feels like it was made by a person who HATES videogames.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by JazzFlight; Oct 21, 2006 at 01:51 PM.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 02:28 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 02:28 PM #5 of 8
OMG!! That is messed up stuff! How the heck do you get a pen cap game and a log cutting game in the same package?!

This world is messed up, with messed up people living in it. WTF for sure....

I was speaking idiomatically.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 08:23 PM #6 of 8
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
I mean, for example, there's a job that requires you to come back to the PSP hours later at a specific time (fishing). There no way I'd do that, but it's a clever idea.
Ooh that sounds inventive! Here I thought Caddy's Challenge was hell at $0.03 a ball, $0.50 bonus for 10 balls, and hundreds of button presses.
The job that got me most interested in the game was in one of the gamespot trailers where you had to run away from something chasing you after a bird dropped you off.

It really is hell earning money, and I either keep playing Ready to Order ("Mixed Parfait!.....is no good."), or Pendemonium. Chick Sorting is a gyp since pens potentially make more money within that 10 minutes and is easier. Mushroom Xing feels like it provides a worthy amount of money ($10 or so each time I play), but the guy in it walks so slowly.

I wonder what Seance looks like since I can't seem to play it without another person with a psp.

Also the Ramen Timer is funny, but I wish they kept the original Japanese voice also. 3 minutes of a bikini clad girl saying "goody! goody!" provides undesired effects.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Burp
Saving the world... but NOT for free

Member 10186

Level 12.97

Jul 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 12:08 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 02:08 AM #7 of 8
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
It's a shitty game, but as an art piece, it's brilliant.
You made my comment here, also, is D3 guys... their sometimes rules, but sometimes games like "THE Zombie vs Ambulance" makes you think about what D3 programmers smoke.

FELIPE NO

Gamercafe.cl: Your source for game news in Spanish.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 02:40 PM #8 of 8
Originally Posted by Burp
You made my comment here, also, is D3 guys... their sometimes rules, but sometimes games like "THE Zombie vs Ambulance" makes you think about what D3 programmers smoke.
This sentence didn't even make sense. Please try again.

Also:

MASURU
MASURU~

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] WTF = Work Time Fun