Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 132 Voting/WEEK 133 Nominating

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2008, 11:34 PM #1 of 33
Song of the Week - WEEK 132 Voting/WEEK 133 Nominating

Song of the Week. 125 Weeks and counting.
Week 132 Voting is closed.
Week 133 Nominating is restricted

Results:
1). [26] Seal Online (Game Rip) - Across The Misty Forest
2). [22] .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona
3). [19] Mischief Makers (Game Rip) - VOLCANIC ~Hot! Hot! Inside the Volcano~ (the 2nd Capture BGM)
4). [16] planetarian original soundtrack - Human Warrior
5). [6/4] GAME SOUND COLLECTION Vol.6 Soukyugurentai - Otaku Sky
6). [6/3.5] pop'n music 13 Carnival AC & CS pop'n music 11 - fffff
7). [5] ARTDINK 10th Anniversary Memorial Music Edition - BUBUMBA
8). [2] Undercover Cops - Northern Barramundi (Stage 1)

Tracks:
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: ARTDINK 10th Anniversary Memorial Music Edition - BUBUMBA
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: GAME SOUND COLLECTION Vol.6 Soukyugurentai - Otaku Sky
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Mischief Makers (Game Rip) - VOLCANIC ~Hot! Hot! Inside the Volcano~ (the 2nd Capture BGM)
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: planetarian original soundtrack - Human Warrior
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: pop'n music 13 Carnival AC CS pop'n music 11 - ƒƒƒƒƒ
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Seal Online (Game Rip) - Across The Misty Forest
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Undercover Cops - Northern Barramundi (Stage 1)

Notes:
If you are a member at more than one of the forums in which this event is being held, please nominate and vote in only ONE of the forums. You may, however, comment in the threads at any of the other forums.

Week 133 Nominating
The Nominations Queue can be found here.
The rules for nominating can be found here.

Here is the link to the corresponding thread in the other forum: Soundtrack Central

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by orion_mk3; May 26, 2008 at 03:00 PM.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2008, 12:04 AM Local time: May 19, 2008, 10:04 PM #2 of 33
I fixed the .hack track in the voting directory. Files starting with periods get turned invisible.

Also, while I've got this av/sig up, what the hell.
  • Artist(s): Masahiro Kusunoki
  • Album/Game Title: Guwange / ESP Ra.De. Original Soundtrack
  • Track Title: [Underworld Cherry Blossoms] / Stage 3
  • Disc Number: 1 (of 1)
  • Track Number: 5
  • Catalog Number: CVST-1000
  • Year: 2007
  • Additional Information: I'm usually not big on the ASIA tracks, but this is damn beautiful. Plus the boss theme from this game has already been nominated (<3) so
  • Source(s): CVST-1000: Guwange / ESP Ra.De. Original Soundtrack - VGMdb

Additional Spam:
I also fixed the misspelling in the Undercover Cops track (even VGMdb called it "Nothern Barramundi," but the back clearly says "Northern") and made the filename for the pop'n track a bit more helpful.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Undertale (PC, 2015)

Last edited by THE POWER OF WATER; May 20, 2008 at 12:11 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2008, 01:57 AM #3 of 33
All links updated. Go to town, kids.

Also:
  • Artist(s): Jun-ichi Doi
  • Album/Game Title: Okage: Shadow King
  • Track Title: Vampire Evil King Battle
  • Disc Number: 2
  • Track Number: 6
  • Catalog Number: JDCM-0001~2
  • Year: 2001
  • Additional Information: I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I call this "Me and Satan King OST." That title is just bad on so many levels.
  • Source(s): VGMdb

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2008, 10:13 AM Local time: May 21, 2008, 11:13 PM #4 of 33
Here's my next nomination:

* Album Title: BAROQUE Original Soundtrack
* Artist: Masaharu Iwata
* Track Title: One foot in the grave
* Source: Game Music Revolution
* File Location: Nominations folder (upcoming)
* Disc Number: 1 (of 1)
* Track Number: 9
* Catalogue Number: SSCX-10021
* Year: 1998

I hope it hasn't been nominated in the past for SotW, because I seriously have no idea but think I might have heard it from somewhere before...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I think therefore I am... I think.
ikkei
Good Chocobo

Member 371

Level 18.90

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2008, 11:33 AM Local time: May 21, 2008, 05:33 PM #5 of 33
Yep, it was nominated before.

I was speaking idiomatically.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2008, 04:27 PM Local time: May 21, 2008, 02:27 PM #6 of 33
And it placed second in Week 41.

Lovely song though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2008, 07:46 PM Local time: May 22, 2008, 10:46 AM #7 of 33
To me, .hack music is all about the "town" themes. I've yet to encounter one I haven't liked. They're nice and ethereal, with a solid melodic backing. .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona is absolutely no exception to this trend; it's profoundly elegant and intriguingly hypnotic. Here's hoping it can get a point or two from me.

I hate to say it, but sometimes I'm a bit of a melody elitist with my VGM. ARTDINK 10th Anniversary Memorial Music Edition - BUBUMBA succumbs to a repetitious percussion line and some uninspired instrumentals to try and bring the melody to life. The end product creates a nice tone of sleaziness/mischief, but I can't really find any other respectable factors.

Sakimoto, huh? >=[ ...Oh wait it's melodic, fluffy Sakimoto. Me likes~ GAME SOUND COLLECTION Vol.6 Soukyugurentai - Otaku Sky is a purty piece of music, with some interesting rhythms and a nicely organised structure. However nothing about it really wows me enough to warrant *pointz* It is fairly fluffy and melodic, but it's lacking a bit of substance, IMO.

I love Mischief Makers musics. ^.~ Mischief Makers (Game Rip) - VOLCANIC ~Hot! Hot! Inside the Volcano~ (the 2nd Capture BGM) is solid piece of entertainment that gets me tapping my feet and waiting in anticipation to see where the song goes next. Humorous one second, serious business the next...and it's all covered by some great music. Yes'm, me likes.

Shinji Orito is, like, one of my favourite VGM composers ever. And that's no lie. Everything he touches turns to gold, seriously; Togoshi and Maeda are good, but goddamn, Orito is the best of the three (by far) on most occasions. planetarian original soundtrack - Human Warrior isn't as melodically strong as his usual stuff, but it still doesn't shy away from being an in-your-face form of wild fun. From danceable trance to some sweet guitarin', it's just a great, albeit not entirely accessible, piece of music.

pop'n music 13 Carnival AC CS pop'n music 11 - ƒƒƒƒƒ is probably only the 3rd pop'n music song I've heard. I know, I know, blasphemy, etc. I've liked what I've heard before, and this is also pretty good. Gothic piano and a hauntingly intense atmosphere combine to produce yet another highly entertaining piece of music. *thumbzup* Needs more length and development though.

Seal Online (Game Rip) - Across The Misty Forest has a really indicative title. I sort of hit the play button half-knowing what to expect. As such, I was half-right, half-surprised. The instrument choice and execution here is excellent, and really helps convey a feeling of otherworldly adventure and buoyant exploration. Not stunning, but it's really pleasant to the ear~ (ESTi, is it? Nice. I'll definitely be tracking this game rip down.)

Undercover Cops - Northern Barramundi (Stage 1) is some upbeat, hip hop VGM goodness. Hiya-Unit of Metal Slug fame doesn't disappoint here; the melody's exciting, as is the progression. Don't have much else to say about this piece, but it's pretty sweet.

Pointz

2 points: planetarian original soundtrack - Human Warrior
1 points: Mischief Makers (Game Rip) - VOLCANIC ~Hot! Hot! Inside the Volcano~ (the 2nd Capture BGM)
1 point: Seal Online (Game Rip) - Across The Misty Forest
1 point: .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona
1 point: Undercover Cops - Northern Barramundi (Stage 1)

6th: pop'n music 13 Carnival AC CS pop'n music 11 - ƒƒƒƒƒ
7th: GAME SOUND COLLECTION Vol.6 Soukyugurentai - Otaku Sky
8th: ARTDINK 10th Anniversary Memorial Music Edition - BUBUMBA

Gosh, so hard to designate points this week. It was pretty awesome, miles better than last week. :stampofapproval:

I'll post my next nom later~

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Muzza; May 22, 2008 at 03:30 AM.
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old May 22, 2008, 04:14 AM Local time: May 22, 2008, 11:14 AM #8 of 33
2 points: ARTDINK 10th Anniversary Memorial Music Edition - BUBUMBA
2 points: Mischief Makers (Game Rip) - VOLCANIC ~Hot! Hot! Inside the Volcano~ (the 2nd Capture BGM)
1 point: .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona
1 point: planetarian original soundtrack - Human Warrior
Honorable mention: Across The Misty Forest

And somebody should move the FreeSpace 2 track from under the 'S'.

Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2008, 08:22 AM #9 of 33
That's more like it. Went back-and-forth on which track I liked the most.

(3 points) .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona
(2 points) Seal Online (Game Rip) - Across The Misty Forest
(1 point) Mischief Makers (Game Rip) - VOLCANIC ~Hot! Hot! Inside the Volcano~ (the 2nd Capture BGM)

Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2008, 09:39 AM Local time: May 22, 2008, 10:39 PM #10 of 33
Yikes, forgot about the SotW archive! But it's great that "One foot in the grave" placed. Very neat song. Ok, I'm quite sure this hasn't placed but Japanese singing will be it's downfall. :P

* Album Title: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex -Hunter's Territory- Prototype Sound Package <The Link>
* Artist: JLHA & G-Brain
* Track Title: PRAYER ~Inori~ [REMIX ver]
* Source: Chudah's Corner - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex -Hunter's Territory- Prototype Sound Package <The Link>
* File Location: Nominations folder (upcoming)
* Disc Number: 1 (of 1)
* Track Number: 11
* Catalogue Number: NECA-30147
* Year: 2005

How ya doing, buddy?
punkmaggit
Oh! I Feel it! I feel the Cosmos!

Member 4088

Level 9.55

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2008, 12:38 PM Local time: May 22, 2008, 09:38 AM #11 of 33
That's more like it. Went back-and-forth on which track I liked the most.

(3 points) .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona
(1 point) Mischief Makers (Game Rip) - VOLCANIC ~Hot! Hot! Inside the Volcano~ (the 2nd Capture BGM)
Funny, this is the exact same point spread I gave at STC.

What's all this?
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2008, 01:37 PM Local time: May 22, 2008, 08:37 PM #12 of 33
What was the rule again with new music? 6months from the release date of the game, or the OST?

I don't know if I'll have time to vote this round unfortunately, since I'm really busy with work, but I like a lot of these tracks.

How ya doing, buddy?
Ceft
Shadow Master

Member 17770

Level 23.80

Jan 2007

Old May 23, 2008, 03:54 PM #13 of 33
(2 points) planetarian original soundtrack - Human Warrior
(1 point) .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 05:04 PM Local time: May 23, 2008, 02:04 PM #14 of 33
Wow, has it really been over a month since I last voted?

3 points » Seal Online (Game Rip) - Across The Misty Forest

2 points » .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona

1 point » Mischief Makers (Game Rip) - VOLCANIC ~Hot! Hot! Inside the Volcano~ (the 2nd Capture BGM)

Week was pretty good overall, but the top two are the only ones that jump out at me (and my top pick is my nom). I don't think I've ever listened to all of the .hack game music, but I think I'll start on that now.

orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 07:42 PM #15 of 33
.hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona Pretty enough, but it feels like it's missing something that would really complete it and push it above the ordinary.

ARTDINK 10th Anniversary Memorial Music Edition - BUBUMBA Simply okay, but it didn't linger; I'd be hard-pressed to hum it even a few seconds after listening.

GAME SOUND COLLECTION Vol.6 Soukyugurentai - Otaku Sky Pretty good, with some nice rhythm and some fine bits of synth melody.

Mischief Makers (Game Rip) - VOLCANIC ~Hot! Hot! Inside the Volcano~ (the 2nd Capture BGM) The music doesn't feel hot at all; perhaps that's why the title is so overboard on that aspect. Nevertheless, it's a nice bit of quirkin'.

planetarian original soundtrack - Human Warrior There's definitely some potential in this techno piece, and it has a great beat. But it never goes much further than that, which is a pity.

pop'n music 13 Carnival AC CS pop'n music 11 - ƒƒƒƒƒ The winner of the hotly-contested 2008 Bad Track Title Contest. Musically it's pretty good, with a frenetic pace and nice melody.

Seal Online (Game Rip) - Across The Misty Forest It has some rather nice parts, and a good melody, but the bagpipe (or whatever it is) feels terribly out of place.

Undercover Cops - Northern Barramundi (Stage 1) Reminds me vaguely of the old school TMNT songs. A bit overbearing at times, especially when the vocals are too much to the fore and it sounds like one of them is puking.

Nothing really jumped out at me this week, though there were a lot of decent songs. Guess it's time to wad up the ol' shotgun...

The Point Spread
Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona - 1 pt.
Otaku Sky - 1 pt.
VOLCANIC ~Hot! Hot! Inside the Volcano~ - 1 pt.
Human Warrior - 1 pt.
ƒƒƒƒƒ - 1 pt.
Across The Misty Forest - 1 pt.

FELIPE NO
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2008, 11:45 PM Local time: May 25, 2008, 02:45 PM #16 of 33
Nomination #2

Artist: Akira Tsuchiya
Album: Atelier Elie Unknown Origin
Track Title: The Tale of the Seagull That Couldn't Fly
Track Number: 1-18
Catalog Number: KDSD-10005~6
Year: 2004
Source: VGMdb

Uploaded to da FTP of goodness, dudez.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 05:38 AM Local time: May 25, 2008, 03:38 AM #17 of 33
What was the rule again with new music? 6months from the release date of the game, or the OST?
Heh, funny story: we never decided how long the period would last and when it starts. I wanted to decide when the period starts (game release, album release, etc.) before creating a poll for voting on the length, but all discussion died and then schoolwork destroyed me for a month and I never followed up on it.

Actually, that's not really funny at all.

Anyway, maybe this is good time for a revival wink wink nudge nudge.

I wish I'd caught that part of your post when you first made it a few days ago, but I think it would've come up anyway because Dragon God has a potential nomination that is affected. It's from Rei-nana, a game released in 2006 and so clear of any potential waiting period length. However, the soundtrack was released less than three months ago, which is under any potential waiting period length. It's an eerily perfect test of the issue!

Actually, either way it would probably be eligible for an exception to any waiting period, being from some random H-game. Thoughts?

Undertale (PC, 2015)
Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 06:58 AM #18 of 33
All tracks had something strong about them, but here goes:

Mischief Makers (Game Rip) - VOLCANIC ~Hot! Hot! Inside the Volcano~ (the 2nd Capture BGM) - most eccentric
planetarian original soundtrack - Human Warrior - lol?
pop'n music 13 Carnival AC CS pop'n music 11 - ƒƒƒƒƒ - most energetic

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 07:14 AM #19 of 33
Actually, either way it would probably be eligible for an exception to any waiting period, being from some random H-game. Thoughts?
If it was the only game with music in the universe, then I guess an exception should be made. Is it however, hmm...

I believe Dragon God knows enough about VGM to find something else if it was to be refused.

Another thought, if I may express it, is that if people want to nominate songs, it'd be nice to see them participate further to SotW by actually voting, at least from time to time.

-------------------

Good selection this week, although I didn't find my new most favorite VGM song.

(3 points) Seal Online (Game Rip) - Across The Misty Forest
(2 points) Mischief Makers (Game Rip) - VOLCANIC ~Hot! Hot! Inside the Volcano~ (the 2nd Capture BGM)
(1 point) .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 09:47 AM Local time: May 25, 2008, 10:47 PM #20 of 33
2 points: Seal Online (Game Rip) - Across The Misty Forest
2 points: .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 01:37 PM Local time: May 26, 2008, 02:37 AM #21 of 33
Pretty interesting selection this week.

(2 points) dot hack G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona
The introduction never fails to reel me in, and the simple but beautiful melody together with the pleasing accompaniment do a good job at sustaining the piece to the end, er, loop to make for an enjoyable listen.

Very cohesive track. A lot of things to like: the melody, instrumentation, arrangement, and pacing.

(2 points) Mischief Makers (Game Rip) - VOLCANIC ~Hot! Hot! Inside the Volcano~ (the 2nd Capture BGM)
Er, interesting track title. And interesting synth vocals. :P Actually, I really like this song. It's very tight and works very well somehow. Maybe it helps that I'm rather fond of the wacky elements of the song, too.

isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 04:38 PM Local time: May 25, 2008, 11:38 PM #22 of 33
Good week

<<3 points>> ARTDINK 10th Anniversary Memorial Music Edition - BUBUMBA
<<1 point>> Seal Online (Game Rip) - Across The Misty Forest
<<1 point>> Mischief Makers (Game Rip) - VOLCANIC ~Hot! Hot! Inside the Volcano~ (the 2nd Capture BGM)
<<1 point>> .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona

ikkei
Good Chocobo

Member 371

Level 18.90

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 04:54 PM Local time: May 25, 2008, 10:54 PM #23 of 33
1 point ~ .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona
1 point ~ planetarian original soundtrack - Human Warrior
1 point ~ GAME SOUND COLLECTION Vol.6 Soukyugurentai - Otaku Sky
3 points ~ Seal Online (Game Rip) - Across The Misty Forest

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by ikkei; May 25, 2008 at 05:00 PM.
ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old May 25, 2008, 08:55 PM #24 of 33

[*]Album/Game Title: Guwange / ESP Ra.De. Original Soundtrack[*]Track Title: [Underworld Cherry Blossoms] / Stage 3
You, sir, have a great taste in music.

As for the point spread, the quick and dirty, as I've had no time this week, will be edited here in a minute.

2 points: GAME SOUND COLLECTION Vol.6 Soukyugurentai - Otaku Sky

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Shanks
Syklis Green

Member 18575

Level 8.62

Jan 2007

Old May 25, 2008, 09:36 PM #25 of 33
2 points: .hack//G.U. GAME MUSIC O.S.T. 2 - Dual Heavenly City Breg Epona

NOMINATION:

Artist: Yukinori Kikuchi
Album: Storm of Progear Original Soundtrack
Track Title: To the Blue Sky -Stage 1-
Disc Number: 1 (of 1)
Track Number: 15
Catalog Number: CPCA-1075
Year: 2003
Source: CPCA-1075: Storm of Progear Original Soundtrack - VGMdb

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 132 Voting/WEEK 133 Nominating