Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Stop MUGEN mania now!

Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 01:28 PM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 08:28 PM #1 of 32
Stop MUGEN mania now!

Did anyone notice that the General PC Gaming subforum has been dominated by those MUGEN threads for months now? It's a shame other topics and game discussions don't even stand a chance against the spamfest that's generally going on in those threads because they're always bumped and on the front page.

Either we create a new subforum for MUGEN or this madness is stopped once and for all.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 01:46 PM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 11:46 AM #2 of 32
You think that's bad? The RPG forum is full of nothing but Final Fantasy/Square-Enix threads bumping off all the actual good RPG threads that have like 5 replies.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 01:55 PM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 08:55 PM #3 of 32
I think we're dealing with a different situation in General PC Gaming, because 99% of all posts in those two MUGEN threads consist of spam posted by people who never return anyway. Nothing good will come out of it, ever.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 05:40 PM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 02:40 PM #4 of 32
Just close the threads and tell the people to GTFO and go back to GameFAQs.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 06:22 AM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 01:22 PM #5 of 32
The character trading thread would actually fit rather well in the Request forum. I don't mind general MUGEN discussion, as long as character requests and spam are kept out.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 06:43 AM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 09:43 PM #6 of 32
Oh yeah, I was thinking about closing that bloody trading thread the other day. Forgot. :] I've been keeping an eye on it for a while, deleting the really fucking useless posts (HUR HUR WOT DID U HAV 4 BREEAKFAST DIS MORNING??!?!!?!) I just had to delete like ten posts in there a minute ago. The discussion thread's usually pretty good, but the trading one, especially in the past week or so seems to have totally exploded with level 1 users spraying saliva all over the place in search of a Neo-Spongebob Squarepants X-Treme character or whatever.

Time to punch it in the gob I guess.

How ya doing, buddy?
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 07:24 AM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 02:24 PM #7 of 32
The thing is I'm under the impression that the MUGEN scene doesnt really have a central point, and that it's loaded with elitists who won't share their oh-so-precious-and-rare Rainbow Spiderman character. The lack of reliable ressources online makes that we see fanboys wandering the vast internet like craving zombies going after their juicy MUGEN character sets. And when they arrive here, which seems like a relatively friendly place compared to the usual asshole MUGEN users who won't share their stuff, they think they found paradise.

So yeah, I don't think GFF wants to be that central point ...

FELIPE NO
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 07:24 AM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 03:24 PM #8 of 32
lmao Miles outta nowhere with Squenix fuming.

"There's something wrong with my PMs, they're not sending. Any ideas?"

"YOU THINK THAT'S BAD, LOOK AT ALL THESE FINAL FANTASY FANBOYS, THEY SHOULD PLAY REAL RPGS LIKE ROGUE GALAXY INSTEAD"

";_;"

Good work Infernal, another great set of great games recommended ='D

How ya doing, buddy?

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:23 PM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 10:23 AM #9 of 32
Like PMs have anything to do with that. I was just saying that it sounds like the same situation of the RPG forum with every other thread getting dominated by Final Fantasy threads. Heck, we had a Square forum years ago just to prevent this issue from happening. Not that I'm saying we should make one for this or the mugen threads. Stop being such a moron, Q.

Anyway, the mugen issue wouldn't seem as bad if we destroyed the character request thread. It reads kind of like a my stuff thread. ;_;

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:56 PM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 08:56 PM #10 of 32
Like RPG forums have anything to do with that.

You simply passed his concern over in order to vent something you were personally upset about. You do that a lot. But since Infernal already fixed the issue with the shitty thread (though we'll need to keep an eye on the main thread now since all the leeches will try moving there), things are back to fine (for PC gaming at least).

How about a rally or public vote against Square fags? I'm sure you'd get a lot of approval from the RPG forum regulars who still discuss Final Fantasy games there (as opposed to level 1 nobodies who joined the forum simply to pine for free mugen downloads).

Most amazing jew boots

Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 03:45 PM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 03:45 PM #11 of 32
Im gonna say thanks for closing down the stupid request mugen thread cause that was just a waste of time in general cause everything they were searching for is sitting right in front of them and there just to lazy to find it themselves and have to beg others to get what they want with absolutley no work at all.

Please keep the general thread though cause its to help people with problems in the game or to help them customize something or just get help for something they dont understand.

malisious_joe
Malisious_joe

Member 13906

Level 2.00

Oct 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:16 PM #12 of 32
I understand

I'll admit it I got into gaming force because of the trading thread...is that wrong? I'm very happy with the way I was treated by the people who followed the rules. I didn't realize that the thread was posted with spam and that's ashame. I like mugen and we followers don't need people like them, but there's always someone who will not abide by the laws/rules. Now I don't care about getting characters elsewhere, I did it before. What I do care about is selfish pricks who go about abusing the system because they don't care if it gives them an advantage. To bad you staff members had to go though that. Hopeful those damn offenders won't return!

In life there are two people: smart and ignorant.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:30 PM #13 of 32
Yeah, because if GFF hates anything, it's people who join a forum just to get access to free downloads. That goes against everything we stand for!

('sup Squirrel)

Aros
A.r.o.s

Member 12418

Level 4.31

Sep 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 03:18 PM #14 of 32
i know Mugen is cool and all that stuff but there is a moment that becomes boring cuz sometimes u dont hve ppl that wants 2 play with u because they r busy or something and playing alone is not very funny :S

How ya doing, buddy?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 03:57 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 03:57 PM #15 of 32
Looool. Let's just blow up the MUGEN threads in general :3 It just lures folks who have the typing skill of a blind, retarded monkey.

I read the last few pages of the uber MUGEN thread and kinda was like "what the hell... Thought these folks were run off from here often."

FELIPE NO
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:31 PM #16 of 32
I was in the Mugen thread (I guess, dubbed the "help" thread) before the assload of level 1s started joining. I bowed out when it turned into a "gimme this, gimme that" thread. Then you had someone create a thread JUST for trading, which didn't make it any better. The trading thread's closed, hooray, but now you got people going back into the "help" thread asking for links, and saying they didn't know any better when they get shut out.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
Makaar
Perfect Dark Zero Enthusiast

Member 12015

Level 6.89

Sep 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 12:57 PM #17 of 32
Maybe if people would read page 1 on a thread before joining up then perhaps, but 98% of people didn't. Too bad there isn't a way to block those kinds of people....

Most amazing jew boots
Passa
Orah Orah!!

Member 14715

Level 1.10

Oct 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 04:27 AM #18 of 32
I have to admit. I just got mugen a few days ago and ive been d-loading characters like crazy. Then i found the trading thread here at gamingforce and i nearly crapped myself when i saw all the characters i was lookin for.

So i figured i'd join up and trade with some peeps. Then i saw that the trading forum was closed. So discouraging, yet i can see why now. Is there anyway i can still trade with peeps on this wonderful site? Im always lookin for characters i know im not the only one.

Double Post:
And if im outta line for saying so....i apologize....also, i apologize for the double post...please dont hurt meh...happy holloween!!!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Stay Cool. Stay Friendly. I love u all.:love:

Last edited by Passa; Oct 31, 2006 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 04:41 AM Local time: Oct 31, 2006, 04:41 AM #19 of 32
Quote:
Is there anyway i can still trade with peeps on this wonderful site?
No. This site is strictly anti-Haven.

Passa
Orah Orah!!

Member 14715

Level 1.10

Oct 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:47 AM #20 of 32
I understand. Thanx for your patience with this noob. I have tons of characters now (i think over 200). Its funny how u can still go into the trading thread and get all those characters u need.... a shame i cant give anything back to the peeps that uploaded for the free loading sons of biotches like myself. Is there anyway i can repent for my internet sin?

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:52 AM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 12:52 AM #21 of 32
Yes, by taking your e-penis waving elsewhere. Thanks!

Passa
Orah Orah!!

Member 14715

Level 1.10

Oct 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:03 PM #22 of 32
Fair i guess. This will be the last post. I see i have caused too much trouble...hm...its only been a day and im already hated....Happy Halloween.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 09:17 PM #23 of 32
Originally Posted by Qwarky
lmao Miles outta nowhere with Squenix fuming.

"There's something wrong with my PMs, they're not sending. Any ideas?"

"YOU THINK THAT'S BAD, LOOK AT ALL THESE FINAL FANTASY FANBOYS, THEY SHOULD PLAY REAL RPGS LIKE ROGUE GALAXY INSTEAD"

";_;"
Hah! Well put, Mr. Q. Miles, there is no connection between Final Fantasy fanboyism in the RPG threads and the Mugen people.

FELIPE NO

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:17 PM #24 of 32
He only hates Square because Final Fantasy has killed his father. For years, he's been looking for the game with the six sequels, but by the time he found it, it was too strong and he couldn't compete.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 05:08 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 04:08 PM #25 of 32
Originally Posted by a lurker
He only hates Square because Final Fantasy has killed his father. For years, he's been looking for the game with the six sequels, but by the time he found it, it was too strong and he couldn't compete.
You mean he'd been looking for it all those years, only to fail now? Why... I think that's the most terrible thing I've ever heard.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > Stop MUGEN mania now!