Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Discontinued food products

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:31 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 11:31 PM #1 of 79
Discontinued food products

Don't you hate it when a product you like is discontinued and taken off the shelves? Well, here's the place to talk about it! Discuss recent products that were taken off the shelf, or just discuss your old favorites that you want back.

One product that I want back is Pizza Hut flavored Doritos. I still say those were my favorite chips of all time, and I don't see why they were ever discontinued (I would guess maybe they didn't sell so well, but I don't see how they wouldn't as they were freaking great). They were released alongside some Taco Bell flavored chips (which weren't all that great) sometime in the mid to late nineties, and I think they only lasted for maybe a year or so. Even so, I still remember them, and I wish they would bring them back.

As for a more recent product, I wonder what happened with that S'mores candy bar that Hersheys had. It had been out for a good while (over a year at least), but then all of a sudden I saw it at the store, and it was marked discontinued. I took advantage of the fact that they were selling them at 10 for a $1, but other than that I didn't care for it too much.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 01:46 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2006, 12:46 PM #2 of 79
I never see those Dulce de Leche M&Ms around any more either. I don't think they sold too well (rightfully so, as they were terrible in my opinion), even here in San Antonio, whuch has a big market for Mexican food products.

It seems that lately though, all I've been mainly seeing is just the plain ones and the peanut ones. I never see the single packages of the peanut butter ones anymore (I only see the larger ones now), and I don't think I've seen Almond or Crispy at all lately.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 08:53 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 07:53 PM #3 of 79
Originally Posted by pisscart deluxe
Keebler Pizzeria chips. They tasted nothing like pizza, but were so delicious. They've been gone for like 10 years and I still miss them.
I vaguely remember those/ I think I used to get them all the time when I was a kid, up until they stopped making them.

What, is there just no market for pizza flavored chips (Those Pringles don't count, because they suck)?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 10:40 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 09:40 PM #4 of 79
I've tried them, but they've never really been my thing. I just don't like them at all, regardless of the flavor. And for the record, I didn't mention them because I don't really consider them to be chips.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:05 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 11:05 AM #5 of 79
Originally Posted by LizardSC
It's not discontinued yet, but Mello Yello is in iminent danger of kicking the bucket.
It's not? Man, I haven't seen that stuff in years, so I had just assumed it was discontinued ages ago. I mean, there's a Coca-Cola bottling plant in my town, so I just assumed (which I'm usually right about most of the time) that if no stores in town are selling it anymore, they stopped making it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:16 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 11:16 AM #6 of 79
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I've still yet to try Vault though, despite the blitzkrieg of advertising I've seen for it. It's inevitable that I will one day, though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 08:29 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 07:29 PM #7 of 79
Originally Posted by Flyzelle
I don't think that they discontinued the rice krispy treats cereal...i just bought a box a month ago and see it in the grocery store all the time...it used to be my favorite cereal, but i moved to cap n' crunch with berries yumm...

Maybe it's just in the mid-west cause i'm from the east coast and i hadn't seen it in years til i came out here to missouri
I haven't seen it either, though, and I live near the midwest. Are you sure you're not confusing it with that new Rice Krispies cereal? I think it's Berry Rice Krispies or something like that, and it comes in the same color box as the Rice Krispies Treats cereal came in. That, the original kind, and the cocoa kind are the only Rice Krispies cereals I have seen on the shelves in the last few months.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 01:59 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 12:59 PM #8 of 79
Originally Posted by DJ Gear
3. Regular Diet Mountain Dew (not the caffeinated American stuff labelled "Energy" that they're trying to introduce as the mainstream mountain dew, mind you.)
I know for sure that they still make and sell that. I just saw it yesterday, in fact. And it wasn't any kind of energy drink or anything, just regular diet Mountain Dew. Maybe they just discontinued it in Canada?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 06:58 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 05:58 PM #9 of 79
Okay, I went to wiki so I could try to understand this, and this is what I found:

Originally Posted by Wiki
Dew Fuel (2005) — originally branded as Mountain Dew Energy, and given its present name in 2006, a caffeinated version of Canadian Mountain Dew (which is not caffeinated in Canada due to Health Canada regulations that only allow caffeine in cola varieties of soft drinks), and is branded as a natural health product. Mainly replacing (Caffeine-Free) Mountain Dew on store shelves, although many places still sell both drinks.
So you're saying that this version is phasing out regular diet Mountain Dew?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 04:21 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 03:21 PM #10 of 79
I just saw a bag of ketchup-flavored Doritos about a month ago. Unfortunately, ketchup doesn't appeal to me as a flavor for chips, so I avoided them. Ketchup-flavored Pringles sound like they would be even worse than the Doritos, though. Maybe that's why they stopped making them.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 11:03 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 10:03 PM #11 of 79
Yeah, Pitch Black II is still around, and yes, it is different than the first one. The regular Mountain Dew Pitch Black was basically just a grape-flavored version of MD, but Pitch Black II is a sour grape-flavored version of MD. I personally like Pitch Black II better, as it has more of a kick. I think the general public must have as well, since they kept this verion around.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 04:27 AM Local time: May 30, 2006, 03:27 AM #12 of 79
Yeah, pretty much all the extra flavors of Mountain Dew (Code Red, Livewire, Pitch Black II, and Baja Blast) have stuck around, even though they have said they were all limited editions at one point or another. I just wish they would make Baja Blast in cans/bottles, so I won't have to get it at Taco Bell all the time.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 08:35 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 07:35 PM #13 of 79
I've been seeing it out year-around, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding it. It started off coming out only in the summer, but now it seems to be out all the time.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Discontinued food products