Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

OC at fault for odd partial hangs?

Cam
troll

Member 2604

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2009, 02:34 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2009, 01:34 AM #1 of 3
OC at fault for odd partial hangs?

Edit: guess it was the cpu voltage too low raised the voltage a bit and it's fine now. and prime95 sucks. found an error on the 7th out of 10 IntelBurnTest linpack tests. man, that programs heats up your cpu way faster and higher than p95.
oddly, I would have expected it to be more unstable and not this subtle if it was undervolted.

I don't think my pc is unstable since prime95 had no errors (one program running per it's own core), and 2 memtest86+ passes had no errors, nor has my pc rebooted itself or blue screened.

-UT2004 hangs in single player campain after beating a level, on the following info screen. Mouse can move around and whatnot but I get no response when clicking the close button. Eventually works correctly. I have a mod installed that could maybe cause issues, but I don't see why it would be the cause.

-pcsx2 isn't really a good example as it's a bug fest, but:

in grandia 3 (unplayable buggy even without the hangs), it randomly hangs (permanently) when messing with options like frame limiting, or alt tabbing. music and graphics are fine but no response from any input.

it also temporarily hangs at the end of battles, same "seems to be working but isn't responding to input" thing.

in shadow hearts 2, it randomly hangs temporarily at the end of a battle, pretty much same as above but less frequently

-Perfect World international DOESN'T seem to be having any issues, aside from the random infrequent crashes that started after the patch which happened on the same day I updated my drivers, which was long before I ever OCed.

PC specs:
-vista x64 fully updated
-g0 q6600 @ 2655mhz (9x multi/295 fsb/stock voltage)
-2x1gb corsair 2x1gb ocz ram (at 2v/983 mhz now) in dual channel advertised to run at higher speeds/voltages than currently at
-8800gt
-corsair 650w psu
-northbridge/mch and everything else is at stock voltage

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2009, 04:07 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2009, 05:07 PM #2 of 3
Why are you asking us about a problem you can easily verify for yourself?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2009, 06:39 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2009, 12:39 PM #3 of 3
The first thing you should do is set everything back to stock and then see if you can reproduce the issues. If you can, that probably means it isn't the OC. It could always be your BIOS. Not all updates are good updates. Same applies to the GFX drivers.

I assume you've been monitoring your temps? It's always possible you cooked your GPU or something equally vital while you've been OCing. If so, the only option is to replace and be more conservative next time.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > OC at fault for odd partial hangs?