Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread

han89
Chocobo

Member 8336

Level 12.35

Jun 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 08:27 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 04:27 PM #451 of 3609
As an ECW fan who has searched the net many times to find old ECW footages and videos so i can see what the ECW was about before i start watching, i have to say that the videos i have are PRICELESS compared to what i saw on the ECW show. ONS was great, it had A LOT of extreme wrestling, but what part of Extreme was in last night's show? I am sorry to say this but ECW, the old one, is just DONE! RIP ECW!

Most amazing jew boots
DarthSavior
PUT YA GUNS ON

Member 188

Level 12.90

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 01:32 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 08:32 AM #452 of 3609
Originally Posted by Enter User Name
I just watched the "ECW" show from last night. My fears have come true. It made me feel sick watching that. It was horrible. That was not ECW, that was WWE with some ECW logos.
Paul Heyman originally wrote the show, but sadly, it ultimately had to go through Vince McMahon for final approval (even though Heyman was "supposed" to have complete control over all booking of ECW) and what came was the watered down crap that you saw on Sci-Fi.

And yes. Having it in a big arena and following a Smackdown taping really does ruin the atmosphere. Instead of a small arena filled with passionate fans, you get a big arena filled with little 12 year-old kids and stupid women who just go to oogle at the likes of John Cena.

How ya doing, buddy?
han89
Chocobo

Member 8336

Level 12.35

Jun 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 03:11 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 11:11 PM #453 of 3609
Originally Posted by DarthSavior
a big arena filled with little 12 year-old kids and stupid women who just go to oogle at the likes of John Cena.
Those words are gold! "the likes of John Cena"! That's the spirit! John Cena for Vince MacMahon = Money. And Money = Greed. And Greed = Vince so the cycle goes on and on. So until John Cena stops getting Vince Money, he will remain champion or in the championship battle!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Mina
The little itch inside your mouth you keep tonguing!

Member 1314

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 03:24 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 01:24 PM #454 of 3609
Originally Posted by han89
As an ECW fan who has searched the net many times to find old ECW footages and videos so i can see what the ECW was about before i start watching, i have to say that the videos i have are PRICELESS compared to what i saw on the ECW show. ONS was great, it had A LOT of extreme wrestling, but what part of Extreme was in last night's show? I am sorry to say this but ECW, the old one, is just DONE! RIP ECW!
I agree.

The showing on Tuesday night felt a lot more scripted than I hoped it would be, in fact it seemed more scripted than most Smackdown/RAW showings. The setting didn't capture the atmosphere I remembered as seeing women and children in the stands made it feel a lot more PG-13'ish. The lack of 'Enter Sandman' for Sandman really killed his usually hyped up appearance. And seeing WWE people there such as Big show, Kurt Angle, Edge and Cena made it feel more like WWE's Tuesday Night Raw than ECW.

So far I think it got off to a bad start, but I am more than willing to keep giving ECW a chance and I hope they start doing things like they were in the past.

But if I may say, One Night Stand probably should have been the very last ECW showing ever. At least the brand would have died with honor.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
han89
Chocobo

Member 8336

Level 12.35

Jun 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 04:32 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 12:32 AM #455 of 3609
Couldn't have said it better!

ECW was all about 'anything goes'. All that went this tuesday was a really badly written show, and nothing spontaneous or risky!!!

FELIPE NO
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 09:43 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 07:43 PM #456 of 3609
I did enjoy the 10 kendo stick shots by Sandman though

and the joke on sci-fi as well with the whole Zombies and Aliens thing.

Most amazing jew boots
Mystil
Carob Nut

Member 1042

Level 4.59

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 12:21 PM #457 of 3609
I am such a cold bastard, sometimes I scare myself.

1 million dollars to the person with the balls enough to shoot Eugene dead on live TV.

Really, Vince should just fire the guy.

About ECW, I've never watched the show in my entire life.

I don't get it though, why is 'now' so different from 'then'? Did Vince just have the wrestlers back then do what they want, which made it seem so exciting?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Mystil; Jun 16, 2006 at 12:27 PM.
han89
Chocobo

Member 8336

Level 12.35

Jun 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 12:32 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 08:32 PM #458 of 3609
ECW back then had NOTHING to do with WWE. Vince was in NO CONTROLE WHAT SO EVER of ECW, which made it exciting, and extreme!

And how about William Regal for that? If not, I'll do it for free!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
rockthepartay
Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 02:30 PM #459 of 3609
Is anybody genuinely surprised that the new ECW sucks?

I mean, come on.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The B0mb
Drain Bamage

Member 7734

Level 9.50

May 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 03:04 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 03:04 PM #460 of 3609
Well on Sandmans music. Did you hear how much Mettalica wanted for the rights to Enter Sandman? I don't recall the exact amount but it was outragous! 60,000 a year?(I don't recall.) Even though ECW used Motorheads cover of Enter Sandman(yes it was not the real Enter Sandman back in the day). But even with the HHH-Motorhead partnership they still have to go threw Mettalica. So thats why Sandman has that wordless song.

DX was never anything but a nWo rip off. Even tho I have always HATED DX. (I always watched WCW back in the day and nothing else)But even I was dissapointed. They played KING of KINGs? WTF? They should have played the DX theme song or busted out the shirts. All they did was pose and had JR screaming DX was back before HHH or HBK announced it was in fact true. I thought it was lame the way JR was yelling DX is back when all they were doing was fighting the spirit squad.

WWE has just been like this for about 5 years now. Living off their history. They need to focus on NEW! We want to see NEW stuff. Not things that were "cool" in the late nighties. Sure a small % of that is fine. Everyone likes to see big names return. Stone Cold should not come back. But we all know that he will and stunner everyone and then walk out the next day. Stone Cold can be like Hogan and have guest appearences. He will never return to full time wrestling.

As for ECW.. is they have a chanceto change things if Vince wanted to change things. ECW could be where the new guys are made and pushed. Then they can go onto the WWE "Big time". But after tuesday ECW is not looking good. I hope they turn it around. Or at least make ZOMBIE WORLD CHAMPION!!

How ya doing, buddy?
TCK
I am the horseman

Member 230

Level 11.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 05:20 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 10:20 PM #461 of 3609
Originally Posted by The B0mb
Well on Sandmans music. Did you hear how much Mettalica wanted for the rights to Enter Sandman? I don't recall the exact amount but it was outragous! 60,000 a year?(I don't recall.)
I heard somewhere within the region of $10,000,000.

The B0mb
Drain Bamage

Member 7734

Level 9.50

May 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 05:55 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 05:55 PM #462 of 3609
I blame Lars(sp?) Napster killer! So Sandman's music really isn't WWE's fault. I think it was stupid on their part not to make something that at least sounded like the original. But he almost has to have something with words so the fans can sing along like they once did. But...this is if ECW sticks around.

How ya doing, buddy?
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 08:31 PM #463 of 3609
Originally Posted by The B0mb
(I always watched WCW back in the day and nothing else)
What you actually thought it was better than WWE back then? I used to turn on WCW to see how ridiculous it was. Like how they censored the word "sucks."

FELIPE NO
rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 12:39 AM #464 of 3609
Around the mid-90's, WCW was a far superior product than WWE. So, I can understand what The B0mb is talking about.

After DX, however, nWo just went downhill.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 01:25 AM #465 of 3609
I liked the Wolfpac and Sting from WCW. The Corperation, Rock/Austin 1, The Ministry, DX -- the WWF was great in the late 90s. However, I haven't watched it since. Though, I did catch part of RAW a few weeks back, is HHH still the WWE Champ or has the title actually changed hands? I was thinking of trying to get back, maybe watch some of the NWATNA or WWE again sometime. Thus, I pose this question to the professional wrestling minds of GFF, which product would you recommend? Has WWE gotten better since that InVasion angle way back when?

Last edited by BucPride; Jun 17, 2006 at 03:47 AM.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 04:46 AM Local time: Jun 17, 2006, 04:46 AM #466 of 3609
Buc, I got a bit of good/bad/however you wanna take it news.

Spoiler:
RVD defeated Cena at ECW's One Night Stand for the WWE title. However, RVD was representing ECW in the match, so pretty much, no one "in the WWE" has the title.

Edge is still a whiny bastard and really shouldn't get this title shot at Vengeance.

Kane is going mental with this imposter Kane roaming about in the old Kane costume with the mask.

The Spirit Squad is still the gayest thing since Billy and Chuck.

JBL's finally gone.

Aaaannnd, the Undertaker has a 7'something giant trying to rip his head off. (least, I still think he does. Someone's gonna have to fill me in on that.)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
TCK
I am the horseman

Member 230

Level 11.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 08:08 AM Local time: Jun 17, 2006, 01:08 PM #467 of 3609
Triple H hasn't had a title in over a year.

Yeah, drop your jaws.

Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 08:50 AM #468 of 3609
Originally Posted by rockthepartay
Around the mid-90's, WCW was a far superior product than WWE. So, I can understand what The B0mb is talking about.
Yeah especially when they bleeped the word sucks right? WCW was a joke and so was Ted Turner.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 02:37 PM #469 of 3609
Originally Posted by TCK
Triple H hasn't had a title in over a year.

Yeah, drop your jaws.
Jesus. Not to detract from the current conversation here, but damn. Did he lose all creative control?

Originally Posted by SimDaddyGT
Spoiler:
RVD defeated Cena at ECW's One Night Stand for the WWE title. However, RVD was representing ECW in the match, so pretty much, no one "in the WWE" has the title.

Edge is still a whiny bastard and really shouldn't get this title shot at Vengeance.

Kane is going mental with this imposter Kane roaming about in the old Kane costume with the mask.

The Spirit Squad is still the gayest thing since Billy and Chuck.

JBL's finally gone.

Yeah I've caught parts of RAW on and off, seeing Edge and HHH go back and forth. That was about a month ago. I figured that HHH would recaptured the title by this time. Originally I thought the Spirit Squad was a joke.

I actually saw the recent ECW show over at my friends house. Midway through, we just turned it off. I used to be a fanatic about pro wrestling during the big-3 era. ECW was a very close second to WWF, and that was far from what ECW was. But I digress.

I'll try and tune into Raw this Monday and sit through it once again. Maybe even download EWR. Thanks.

rockthepartay

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 04:44 PM #470 of 3609
Quote:
Yeah especially when they bleeped the word sucks right? WCW was a joke and so was Ted Turner.
Ratings, revenues, and a general understanding of the wrestling business goes against your logic. Easily.

Poor business descision made by Bischoff is what killed WCW, not the product itself.

Double Post:
Also, HHH is actually a company man, and he has demonstrated this in the past 18 months.

I mean, the guy took two straight loses at Wrestlemania. That's good stuff. Doesn't make up for what he did in the past (i.e. Kane, Y2J, and RVD), but it's great in any case.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by rockthepartay; Jun 17, 2006 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 05:53 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2006, 03:53 PM #471 of 3609
Wait, what about RVD?

Most amazing jew boots
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 09:59 PM #472 of 3609
Originally Posted by rockthepartay
Ratings, revenues, and a general understanding of the wrestling business goes against your logic. Easily.
Logic? I said that WCW sucked dick I never said it didnt make money. It only made money because it catered to Southern redneck hick fucks that didnt know any better.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Mystil
Carob Nut

Member 1042

Level 4.59

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:31 PM #473 of 3609
^Did you fall on your head or something?

WCW was more entertaining than WWE will ever be. Back when Nitro and Raw aired at almost the same time, do you know the one channel I looked at more? Fucking 41!(for my cable service). Nobody really cared for the WWF(hahaha) when WCW was around. They had it all! Super Brawl, Starcade(the wrestlemania of WCW), WWIII, Halloween Havoc, Clash of the Champions, Bash at the Beach. What the FUCK did WWE have? Did I mention WCW had a LARGER ROSTER of entertaining WRESTLERS than the WWE's 30 something superstars.

Real deal champions(note: champions of any kind): Ric Flair, Vader, Ravishing Rick Rude, Sting Booker before he went into suck ass WWE mode, Goldberg, Nasty Boys, Steven Regal(not that WWE suck ass William Regal shit).

WWE: Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Deisal. It ends there. Who the hell cares about Y2J, lolcena and Mr. 'Monday night'. Yes lets give the belt to a Mexican jumping bean who's only keeping the damn title as a part of script to possible bring back Chavo for an OBVIOUS HEEL TURN. Triple H that bapass idiot can blow me.

That's a serious question. DID. YOU. FALL. ON. YOUR. HEAD. ?

Last edited by Mystil; Jun 18, 2006 at 01:34 PM.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:00 PM #474 of 3609
Originally Posted by Mystil
^Did you fall on your head or something?

WCW was more entertaining than WWE will ever be. Back when Nitro and Raw aired at almost the same time, do you know the one channel I looked at more? Fucking 41!(for my cable service). Nobody really cared for the WWF(hahaha) when WCW was around. They had it all! Super Brawl, Starcade(the wrestlemania of WCW), WWIII, Halloween Havoc, Clash of the Champions, Bash at the Beach. What the FUCK did WWE have? Did I mention WCW had a LARGER ROSTER of entertaining WRESTLERS than the WWE's 30 something superstars.

Real deal champions(note: champions of any kind): Ric Flair, Vader, Ravishing Rick Rude, Sting Booker before he went into suck ass WWE mode, Goldberg, Nasty Boys, Steven Regal(not that WWE suck ass William Regal shit).

WWE: Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Deisal. It ends there. Who the hell cares about Y2J, lolcena and Mr. 'Monday night'. Yes lets give the belt to a Mexican jumping bean who's only keeping the damn title as a part of script to possible bring back Chavo for an OBVIOUS HEEL TURN. Triple H that bapass idiot can blow me.

That's a serious question. DID. YOU. FALL. ON. YOUR. HEAD. ?
WWE had a hell of a lot more than that. Just to name a few: Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Undertaker, The Rock, Kane, Edge and Christian, and Yokozuna.

Who the hell cares about Y2J? Interesting, seeing as how he was from "WCW's more entertaining roster" and then would later become a part of WWE's roster.

You called Starrcade the Wrestlemania of WCW? Well there's one thing the WWE had, Wrestlemania. Let's also not forget Summerslam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, and King of the Ring.

You were right about one thing, though...WCW did have a much larger roster than WWE. Guess that's why Nitro had to be over 3 hours long (and I say that, because it would sometimes go on to maybe 11:05pm or 11:15pm est), just so all the wrestlers could get their fill.

Most amazing jew boots
TCK
I am the horseman

Member 230

Level 11.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 06:54 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 11:54 PM #475 of 3609
Looks like good ol' Double J is going to be the NWA Champion again.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread