Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Strange Food Habits

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 12:58 AM #1 of 21
Strange Food Habits

Do you or anyone you know possess any unusual habits toward certain foods? Are you unable to eat something unless it has a particular topping or do you only eat one food with another certain food?

Mine probably aren't that unusual, but I find that I enjoy eggs a lot more if they're doused in Tabasco sauce. I can skip the Tabasco on most anything else, but eggs require it. Even hardboiled eggs get a splash on top.

I also find that cantaloupe tastes better when salted. I was skeptical when my dad did it, but I gave it a shot and learned something. Cantaloupe is fine unsalted too but now that I know better, I add salt whenever possible.

I also have a penchant for mixing mustard powder into my clam chowder. Not a lot but just enough to give it a slight aftertaste. I don't know why I did it one day but it came out better than I expected and I've done it since.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 01:57 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 10:57 PM #2 of 21
While eating cookies, cake, or anything similar, I find that I prefer having milk as well. I never drink a sweet beverage with sweet food, and it's a habit I've simply always had.

I also seem to only eat spaghetti if garlic bread is served. Otherwise, the meal is missing something.

How ya doing, buddy?
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 03:12 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 04:12 PM #3 of 21
When i eat rice and something fried i usually use my hands (LOL TRADITIONAL FILIPINO STYLE) and i prefer to dip it in vinegar.

Oh another unusual food habit is when i eat something with sauce i usually bombard my food with tons of soy sauce.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 04:40 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 04:40 PM #4 of 21
I must cover my fries in salt, as if fries weren't already deadly enough. However, I don't even eat fries all that often, which is good!

If I'm eating a slice of bread (the kind with the crunchy crust!, such as French bread), I always have to eat the insides before eating the crust. My favorite part is the end, since there's more crunchy goodness.

When I'm drinking pop at home, I dilute it with water. Otherwise, I need a separate glass of water. I'm not much of a pop person anyways.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 04:36 PM #5 of 21
I have a few:

First off, I dislike the crust on anything, whether it be on pies, sandwiches, pizzas, or anyhting. Because of this, I always eat it first, because otherwise I might not eat it at all.

Whenever I fix a drink at home, like water or soda, I always have to be very particular about how much ice I put in it. I actually remember in my head the certain amount of ice I have to out in drinks of varying sizes. The rest of my family thinks this is weird, even though they realize it works.

When I get an order of fries and a burger at a fast food place, I usually always have to eat the fries first before I even touch the burger.

That's all I can think of for now. I don't how weird these are compared to others, but those are some of the strangest ones I can think of for myself.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 06:46 PM #6 of 21
I eat watermelon with a knife and fork. Really.

Whenever I eat ha gow at dim sum, I always eat the wrapping last, 'cause it's the best part :D

I usually try to have a drink on hand whenever I eat anything.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

NYRSkate
Happy Hour in Hell's Sports Bar

Member 4

Level 18.19

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 06:57 PM #7 of 21
Turkey on cinnamon raisin bread. Don't knock it untl you've tried it; you'll never consider white or wheat for your turkey again.

FELIPE NO
<Mercarios> I voted for hut hut, because it's a superior track, but you gotta draw a line between having fun and going too far
Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 07:45 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 06:45 PM #8 of 21
Unlike elwe, I prefer to start with the crusts when eating bread, and work my way towards the center in a spiral pattern. That slice of bread will be rotating the whole time. I've outgrown that habit though.

Another I haven't stopped doing is deconstructing my sandwiches and burgers during the course of its consumption. When they have a lot of fillings, it gets difficult to eat by simply holding it and moving it to your mouth. Things tend to fall out. So I usually just remove and eat all the vegetables used first since they contribute to the slipperiness the most. Then I just eat the burger or sandwich afterwards with less inside.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 08:18 PM #9 of 21
Originally Posted by SILBER-3
When I get an order of fries and a burger at a fast food place, I usually always have to eat the fries first before I even touch the burger.
I do the same thing, at least until I get tired of eating the fries, then I go for the chicken.

I save the barbecue packets from restaurants and use it to dip crunchy, mini pretzels. Everyone gives me a strange look when I do it, but seriously it gives the already tasty pretzel a tangy kick. McDonalds BBQ has been the best kind that I found, but honey-BBQ works as well (I didn't like it with the KC Masterpiece regular BBQ).

If I'm going to eat cranberry sauce then I have to drink soda. Most of the time, I'm a water drinker, but cranberry sauce makes the water taste horrible if I eat cranberry sauce and then try to take a drink of water.

I pour skim milk on my cereal whenever I'm not staying with my parents. I don't taste any difference with skim milk in any other cereal...except Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Seriously, skim milk + Cinnamon Toast Crunch = taste of poison to me. So I use 1% milk for it and it tastes fine.

Whenever I have a chocolate chip cookie, I try to eat the parts of the cookie with the least amount of chips in it first.

I eat grapefruit one/two cells at a time instead of taking huge bites out of it.

Whenever I'm in the cafeteria, I try to eat everything with utensils (even biscuits and pizza). I always get strange looks when I eat pizza with a knife and fork, but I am unable to wash my hands before lunch. When I'm at home, I eat pizza and such with my hands.

Most amazing jew boots

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog

Last edited by Visavi; May 13, 2006 at 08:21 PM.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 08:50 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 06:50 PM #10 of 21
I have a friend who makes a dish she calls "Huevos Divorciados". (Divorced Eggs) She makes 2 eggs over easy side by side but "divorces" them on the pan with the spatula and using Tapatio sauce, lemon and a bit of fried beans to put a "wall" between them. It was more fun watching her prepare them too, but I can't say that it wasn't a strange little practice.

Of course, I also can't say that they're some of the best eggs I've ever had in my life.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
unknown_user
Chocobo

Member 3527

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 11:25 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 11:25 PM #11 of 21
Originally Posted by SILBER-3
I have a few:

First off, I dislike the crust on anything, whether it be on pies, sandwiches, pizzas, or anyhting. Because of this, I always eat it first, because otherwise I might not eat it at all.

Whenever I fix a drink at home, like water or soda, I always have to be very particular about how much ice I put in it. I actually remember in my head the certain amount of ice I have to out in drinks of varying sizes. The rest of my family thinks this is weird, even though they realize it works.

That's all I can think of for now. I don't how weird these are compared to others, but those are some of the strangest ones I can think of for myself.
lol, wow, I got the same habits that you listed except for the ice thing.

andkeener
Banned

Member 83

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 01:47 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 11:47 PM #12 of 21
I don't drink anything with ice in it unless it has a staw and even then I will only drink the first half of it. I can't stand the way the ice gets in the way when you are trying to drink a beverage. I like my beverages to taste like the water/soda/tea that I'm drinking. Ice only waters things down and makes for a shitty filler, get it out of my life!

I also salt my chips individually at mexican restaurants, unless they come salted, which case I just put up with the normal sub par amount of salt on each one.

Last edited by andkeener; May 14, 2006 at 01:58 AM. Reason: buttsecks
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 05:30 AM Local time: May 14, 2006, 03:30 AM #13 of 21
I will NOT have cereal with milk. Just how I do things. I like milk, I like cereal, but I don't like them together. Yes some of you may think "Blasphemy!", but anytime I have cereal and milk together, The cereal is in a bowl, and the milk is by itself.
I also like to have Apples (Green skin preferred, they seem to be tastier) sliced, after which I apply salt to them. Seriously sliced apples with salt was a delicacy for me, haha

Also, I'm super sensitive to spicy foods, so even stuff labeled "Mild" is usually too spicy for me >_>

Omega Weapon
Junya Nakano, et al.

Member 6747

Level 5.97

May 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 07:41 AM Local time: May 14, 2006, 06:41 AM #14 of 21
I'm addicted to sushi of any kind. Nigiri is the best! In particular I can't get enough eel because it seems to jump start my imagination whenever I get burnt out writing my RPG stories. Fortunately, I don't need it as much anymore since I just finished two games already to add to my huge collection of RPGs I've written.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 08:34 AM #15 of 21
Originally Posted by Dark Nation
I will NOT have cereal with milk.
Looks like I'm not the only one. I hate putting milk in with cereal. It makes the cereal all soggy, thus ruining the taste. I like eating all my cereal without milk so I can get all the crunchy goodness :3

FELIPE NO
Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 05:26 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 03:26 PM #16 of 21
I like eating my cereal without milk, but that's because milk is expensive and doesn't keep well. I have mine with cranberry or grape juice.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 05:35 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 04:35 PM #17 of 21
Does anybody put chocolate milk in their cereal? That's kind of a strange food habit. I used to see people at school do that all the time, but I could never see the appeal of it

Jam it back in, in the dark.
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 12:59 AM #18 of 21
I cant eat chips and salsa if the salsa isnt spicy. Its the same way with pizza. I have to add texas pete or Franks red hot to my pizza or else its just too plain.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
EmpyreanHorizon
The cow is stuck...

Member 2562

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 07:06 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 08:06 PM #19 of 21
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
Mine probably aren't that unusual, but I find that I enjoy eggs a lot more if they're doused in Tabasco sauce. I can skip the Tabasco on most anything else, but eggs require it. Even hardboiled eggs get a splash on top.
Yup, there's nothing like eggs and tabasco. or curry and egg... I also can't eat ramen without shaking the inverted bottle of garlic flavored tabasco 8-13 times over the soup. I got that habit from my friend way back when and it stuck.

Whenever I drink soda, I dilute it with water. I love the taste, but sometimes it's just overly sweet, especially when it's from a can.

Finally, I dissect the bones out of fish or chicken before I begin to eat. I know there are boneless fish or chicken nuggets available in the supermarket but cooking the stuff with the bones gives it more flavor and I like to eat in large bites, hence the big pile of boneless meat on one side of my plate just waiting for me to scoop up with my fork (or serving spoon).

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 11:35 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 04:35 PM #20 of 21
I eat things whole if I can. No exceptions. Seriously, I've been known to stuff entire hotdogs into my mouth, bun and all.

As for food preparation, it's not exactly bizarre or anything, but I like stirring in wasabi and vinegar whenever I'm doing rice, beans, noodles or anything else that requires a little extra anti-bland.

xuemin
Syklis Green

Member 248

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 05:50 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 10:50 PM #21 of 21
when eating baguettes or bread rools i always hollow them out and eat the soft inside first and then the crust.

when eating fast food i always eat the fries last

when eating apples, i take a bite and then next two bites are on either side of that one and then i work my way down.. hard to explain it without demonstrating O.o but basically i clear a line horizontally and then move down a bit and do the same, and then i continue doing that until i've finished

when eating meals, i always eat what i dislike most first, and leave my favourites till last

when i eat the sandwiches that you buy in shops (ie cut diagonally so you get 2 triangles) i always hold then with the hypothenuse facing upwards and take the first bites in the left corner, then i either move across or make a start on the right corner and then level it again.

i have quite a few but those are the only ones i can think of right now >.>

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Strange Food Habits