Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? PROTIP: THIS IS THE MGS4 THREAD

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jun 4, 2008, 02:34 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2008, 10:34 PM #1376 of 1533
Interesting thing that the disc pictured above is either an european or actually a German disc.
You do realize Germany is IN Europe, right.

As for the disc, it's probably regular PAL release that's used all around Europe as there is also the BBFC rating as well as the german. Gotta love usk.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Tagonist
The Age of Legends

Member 22583

Level 14.69

May 2007

Old Jun 4, 2008, 04:04 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2008, 11:04 PM #1377 of 1533
Everybody knows Germany is somewhere between Iran and Persia. Don't lie! *_*

(Actually I stressed the german-ness of the disc due to my vague hope of getting my copy early as well, being German and all... )

Jam it back in, in the dark.

These are the Books of Harrow
They are our doom and our salvation
Learn from them, or we will all perish
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2008, 05:48 PM #1378 of 1533
So I pre-ordered this and the limited edition guide from ebgames the other day. The guide was supposed to ship yesterday, but it had the date changed to today (and last I checked it still said "pre-order" and not "usually shipped within 24 hours") They had a special online price of $20 for it (where it would be $30 if you bought it at the store) and it seems to have shipped out. . Have the game shipping overnight too so I get it street date.

I'll probably steer clear of the thread for a while because some things shouldn't be spoiled by faghats.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by dagget; Jun 4, 2008 at 05:57 PM.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2008, 08:45 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2008, 07:45 PM #1379 of 1533
Don't worry. If people don't use spoiler tags, they'll be punished appropriately.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
cloud baka
la li lu le lo

Member 30272

Level 7.02

May 2008

Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:57 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2008, 07:57 PM #1380 of 1533
MGS4 Midnight Launch @ Gamestop/EB Game Locations. There ya guys go its in PDF format from Gamestop themselves, my area is on the list i'm so excited. 29 pages looks like a lot are doing it. Not only the game but the MGS4 bundle as well. Hope those got on the list as well for your gaming pleasure.

Probably gonna steer clear for awhile myself of MGS4 threads and sites, but gonna wait a couple days.

EDIT: Also for got to include that if you're going to one of Kojima and team autograph signings, don't bother to lug extra collectibles around. For the sake of time and getting everyone in there, he's only signing the MGS4 game sleeves which they'll sign and give to you (totally agree with the method). They also won't allow pictures but i guess you can try and get a quick one with a friend or family member off to the side.. really don't see harm in that while he's autographing for you. Here's a picture of the sleeve and the autographs courtesy of Mattyblog, more info here.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by cloud baka; Jun 4, 2008 at 11:07 PM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 01:37 AM #1381 of 1533
Don't worry. If people don't use spoiler tags, they'll be punished appropriately.
Yeah, but that "hay guys, this is whats going on :3" thingie at the top doesn't mark spoilers and instead just writes out the first bits of post content. I don't think anyone would commence the faggotry to do that, but you never know around here.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 01:46 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2008, 12:46 AM #1382 of 1533
While there's nothing I can do about that per say, it is something I can attempt to fix if I find an offending post.

Best I can do dude, sorry.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 04:32 AM #1383 of 1533
It's cool bro. Wasn't complaining about it, just pointing it oot.

FELIPE NO

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 07:42 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2008, 01:42 PM 2 #1384 of 1533
I'll probably steer clear of the thread for a while because some things shouldn't be spoiled by faghats.
So I pre-ordered this and the limited edition guide from ebgames the other day.
So you don't want the game spoiled but you bought a guide to tell you how to play it?

As long as I live I will never understand people who buy a guide at the same time as the game.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 08:42 AM #1385 of 1533
It's not like I'm going to sit there and play the game strictly by the guide. What fun would that be? I usually buy guides for artwork and other stuff like that. Not so much as the plot and story.

Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 08:54 AM #1386 of 1533
I usually buy guides for artwork and other stuff like that.
Kinda the same for me at times. There's quite a few guides where at the end they have concept drawings and other artwork.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 10:51 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2008, 10:51 AM #1387 of 1533
Same thing for me too. I see so many people come into my store asking for old guides, saying "Aw man I should've bought it back then", so I go ahead and buy guides for games I'm probably gonna keep for the rest of my life; something of a "collector's set."

I've still got really clean copies of the original Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG and even all three of the Ocarina of Time strategy guides.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
cloud baka
la li lu le lo

Member 30272

Level 7.02

May 2008

Old Jun 5, 2008, 01:21 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2008, 10:21 AM #1388 of 1533
I rarely buy guides, but for MGS4 it's somewhat of a collectors item for me. I'm getting the MGS4 collectors edition might as well get the CE strat guide too. I did notice it was to release before game, dunno if it's still true or not seeing one person here hasn't had confirmed shipping yet, but i got mine from Amazon because it was a bit cheaper and said to be shipped on the 12th. Of course if it came earlier no way am i opening it.

So the guide will be there after i complete the game on my own and i want to go back and see if i missed anything. I know i played MGS and MGS2 enough times to find easter eggs here and there, but i'm just now finding things out in MGS3.. for those who didn't play/finish MGS3 spoiler tag added.
Spoiler:
I didn't know about "The End" boss fight that you could save the game at that point and forward the games internal clock or wait a week or so and you can beat him by old age. Also the torture part with Big Boss, if you save around them you can play a weird minigame where it's like a guy with 2 canes?? And he's beating up lots of zombie like creatures.. Big Boss then wakes up claiming it to be some kind of nightmare.

I took a break from gaming on consoles at least, cursed MMORPGs, and i wasn't up to date to most console games around that time, dunno how you can miss that stuff. So guides will help me find anything and everything, that i'd wanna go back and do. But like i said i rarely get guides and its more for the collection and other stuff they got in it.

Another topic, while they still had rumors to what Kojima wanted limited by reviewers in their reviews, Producer Ryan Payton cleared things up for everyone stating that they didn't care if they talked about cutscene length or install times, just that they wouldn't say when or what the cutscenes contained as it'd spoiler the experience for players knowing when to expect these. He said the longest cutscene is gonna be the ending. Install time is around 6 minutes with 2-3 minute installing between acts. He went on to say that the other limitations were for product placements and areas in which the game are played in.

Also i'm still curious to what the "surprise" will be for people who are buying MGS4 on the date.. he said that there was gonna be a surprise and Kotaku is thinking its downloadable content. Geez the date is so close and i'm on the edge of my seat.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 02:35 PM #1389 of 1533
Bah, what a shitty time to be on wireless if it is some kind of downloadable content. I won't be near broadband until like a few days after it comes out when I'm visiting some friends.

According to EB my shipment was delayed a day on the guide and it should be here tomorrow. I'll try to take some camera phone pics of it (nothing spoilerish) when I get it in.

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 02:43 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2008, 08:43 PM #1390 of 1533
Interesting thing that the disc pictured above is either an european or actually a German disc.
I don't know, but "STUN KNIFE" doesn't appear to be a German word in my opinion.

Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 02:56 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2008, 09:56 PM #1391 of 1533
Stun knife?!

FELIPE NO
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 03:09 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2008, 09:09 PM #1392 of 1533
Yeah d00d, look here:

Spoiler:
look here:
Spoiler:

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 03:17 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2008, 02:17 PM #1393 of 1533
Well Konami finally issued some better press kits of the Euro LE pack:

Apparently there were only 25,000 of these things for the whole of Euroland with Play.com being the UK distributor who are all sold out.
Looks like the soundtrack that comes with the LE is only one disc. Interesting to see that the disc's design is the same as the two disc soundtrack's. The figure that comes with the PAL LE is kinda lame though, same UDF Old Snake figure by Medicom except with the olive drab camo (paint job).
While there's nothing I can do about that per say, it is something I can attempt to fix if I find an offending post.

Best I can do dude, sorry.
Actually this can be remedied by making the thread title ridiculously long.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:54 PM #1394 of 1533
I got the guide in. I took just a couple of pictures. Trying to find the usb cable for my phone right now and I'll add them when I get them on my PC.

Its sooo tempting to read through it, but I'm holding back.

Seeing this makes me almost wish Kojima would release a 4 series book set of the MGS games in novel form. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person that would buy them.

Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2008, 07:11 PM #1395 of 1533
I got the guide in. I took just a couple of pictures. Trying to find the usb cable for my phone right now and I'll add them when I get them on my PC.

Its sooo tempting to read through it, but I'm holding back.

Seeing this makes me almost wish Kojima would release a 4 series book set of the MGS games in novel form. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person that would buy them.
Honestely you're best not even venturing from GFF as spoilers from the guide have surfaced absolutely everwhere including the majority of social networking sites like LiveJournal, MySpace, YouTube etc to GameTrailers and Gamefaqs to PSN/XBL accounts getting friend invites and messages from account suicides containing spoilers. You've even got goons over at SA paying for AdBanners that contain heavy story spoilers for the game.

Fortunately GFF is untouched for now which is why I've mainly been floating between here, a smaller board I go to and the spoiler free thread on GAF. At least there's only 5 days left.

Did you get the LE guide by the way?

New wallpaper:

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2008, 07:52 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2008, 06:52 PM #1396 of 1533
Is the guide in stores now? If so I better snag me a copy of the LE, before it's too late.

New wallpaper:
Awesome! That's gonna be my new wallpaper.

BTW, the official site updated. The SP Mission 02 is now online, it's pretty much a point & click with the mouse shooter. There's also a new PSP wallpaper featuring Raiden, as well as a flash wallpaper featuring Raiden and Vamp. The flash wallpaper is really neat, it's got a timer to the game's release, links, a little news banner, and if you click on the character (either Raiden or Vamp, which you can select) you'll actually get an ingame animation. Unforturnately my desktop is littered with crap right now, otherwise I'd take a screen cap.

I've uploaded the flash wallpaper to Sendspace, incase no one wanted to spend the time to rack up the 30k DP to purchase it.

raiden-vanp-1600_1200.zip
raiden-vanp-1024_768.zip

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2008, 08:11 PM #1397 of 1533
Yeah the guide is in EB/GameStop stores as of yesterday. Retailers should of begun receiving the game today too and one Wal-Mart even broke street and sold the 80GB bundle yesterday.

Speaking of the bundle Amazon did have it available today for preorder but the site quickly got bombarded and the site went down..

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:10 PM #1398 of 1533
Yeah I got the LE guide. The lithograph it came with was numbered up to 43,000. I had something like 38,374 or close to it. So I guess there were only 43,000 LE guides made. :|

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:17 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2008, 10:17 PM #1399 of 1533
Oh damn, my store hasn't yet received our LE guides; got the regular ones in today.

FELIPE NO

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2008, 08:14 PM #1400 of 1533
I saw some snaps of the LE guide cover and lithograph, looks pretty freaking nice for a guide especially among other LE guides previously released. I'm glad I preordered mine on Amazon when I did since it looks like they raised the price a little to $23 when it was originally listed at $19.50.

So what have we got left now, less than 3 days before I have this in me mitts...

From the Sunday paper inserts Wal-Mart is having a special where when you buy the 80GB PS3 bundle you'll get a $100 gift card. Don't like Wal-Mart? Well Best Buy will even price match the offer as long as you have proof. Also Circuit City is giving away the strategy guide with a purchase of the game...while stocks last naturally:

The Japanese Playstation store also updated with a nice HD version of the "Courage is Solid" trailer. If you prefer you can download it from the link below to watch on your computer..
1080P Theatrical Trailer.

For shits and giggles I came across this last week that was fawking cool..

Brickshelf Gallery

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? PROTIP: THIS IS THE MGS4 THREAD