Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2007, 01:02 PM #776 of 800
I'm definitively buying those new FFVII figures!

as for those weapon I thing they are way too small for that price...

and for those new weapon for the play arts figures, if they manage to make the lionheart glow like in the game then I'll buy it XD

Most amazing jew boots
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 06:55 PM #777 of 800
Not exactly related to FF7, but holy crap!!!!

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/se-shop/blog/

Yes they're exactly what you think they are, the ultimate/final weapons to their respective characters (Squall's Lionhart, Selphie's Strange Vision, Tidus' Caladbolg, Yuna's Nirvana, and Auron's Masamune)! No doubt that they are inscale with the Play Arts figures, they're a must buy for me!

Now it's only a matter of time before they annouce/make Cloud's fusion swords from AC as well as his Ultima Weapon from the game. Oh, could this also possibly mean a weapon for Rinoa too?!?!
If they're in scale with the Play Arts figures and meant to be additions then chances are it's a Japan only thing. Afterall they offered Japanese consumers an additional head and sword for the Cloud w/Fenrir set that came with the LE DVD package which ended up being the standard accesory for the US release.

Related but here's an image of the Aeris statue due later in the year for $200.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Xaekid
Generic Ninja

Member 9982

Level 7.89

Jul 2006

Old Jul 17, 2007, 01:47 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2007, 12:47 PM #778 of 800

Shiny.

Available on September 13th.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

The War of the Lions

Last edited by Xaekid; Jul 17, 2007 at 01:50 PM.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:31 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2007, 03:31 AM 1 #779 of 800
Holy crap Koto is really going all out with its FF7 play arts line! They've already made painted protos of FF7 Sephiroth, Vincent, Yuffie, and Red XIII! Looks like FF7 Vincent will have mobility in the arms as his lower 2 belts on the muffler are unbuckled. Also it looks like there'll be materia equipped in the weapon's slots, just look at Yuffie's shiruken.

Also AC play arts 2 featuring Kadaj, Yuffie, and Reno due in October.

Oh and those Ultimate/Final weapons are online exclusives, meaning you can only order them off the SE shop!

More photos of other SE products at SDCC in the link!

http://sdcc.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=727

How ya doing, buddy?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:39 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2007, 01:39 AM #780 of 800
I might just be nitpicking, but FF7 Sephiroth doesn't look much different from AC Sephiroth at all, except for a slightly different face and less buckles on his cape/coat thing. Not sure I wanna pay the same price or more for essentially the same figure. =/

I definitely like FF7 Vincent better than AC Vincent. Looks like you'll actually be able to move his arms and put him in some decent poses. AC Vincent could barely hold out his gun.

Now where in the hell is Cid and Rufus?!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 12:45 AM #781 of 800
I might just be nitpicking, but FF7 Sephiroth doesn't look much different from AC Sephiroth at all, except for a slightly different face and less buckles on his cape/coat thing. Not sure I wanna pay the same price or more for essentially the same figure. =/

I definitely like FF7 Vincent better than AC Vincent. Looks like you'll actually be able to move his arms and put him in some decent poses. AC Vincent could barely hold out his gun.

Now where in the hell is Cid and Rufus?!
Yeah, aside from some minor sculpt changes and paint applications it's basically the AC Sephiroth and hardly warrants dropping another $25 and likewise for Vincent.

Honestly I want to see some of the other characters that haven't been done yet like Cid, Barrett and Red XIII along with expanding the FFVIII and X lines rather than getting more versions of Cloud and Tifa.

I was speaking idiomatically.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 01:06 AM Local time: Jul 28, 2007, 10:06 PM #782 of 800
Honestly I want to see some of the other characters that haven't been done yet like Cid, Barrett and Red XIII along with expanding the FFVIII and X lines rather than getting more versions of Cloud and Tifa.
Well, it seems there's one of Red XIII. You can see him in the corner of the picture with Cloud and his motorcycle.

Most amazing jew boots
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2007, 02:48 AM Local time: Jul 31, 2007, 01:48 AM 1 #783 of 800
It appears that Red XIII will be packaged with Cait Sith. Looks like they're placing more focus on the FF7 line than the AC line. Can't wait to see which version of Cid and Barrett will be made first. Some more pics.

FELIPE NO
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2007, 03:49 PM #784 of 800
I'm not sure if it's new or not but apparently Square-Enix is suppose to announce Endless Crisis: Final fantasy VII on PS3 at the TGS.

Most fan are already dreaming about the long awaited FFVII remake on ps3, but it could be another games in the FFVII compilation.

I thought that crisis core was the last game in that compilation though so i really hope it's a the reamke or I don't really know what else they could do in that compilation.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 12:13 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2007, 10:13 PM #785 of 800
I'm not sure if it's new or not but apparently Square-Enix is suppose to announce Endless Crisis: Final fantasy VII on PS3 at the TGS.

Most fan are already dreaming about the long awaited FFVII remake on ps3, but it could be another games in the FFVII compilation.

I thought that crisis core was the last game in that compilation though so i really hope it's a the reamke or I don't really know what else they could do in that compilation.
They need to just make the ehnanced remake already and be done with it, all this added extra stuff is driving from Enjoyable Fanservice to ... well whatever you call the yearly roster updates of Madden. That kind of overexposure.

Oh and I'm sure you know about this:

AC: Advent Children
BC: Before Crisis
CC: Crisis Core
DC: Dirge of Cerberus
EC: Endless Crisis

So,
FC: Final Crisis (?)

How ya doing, buddy?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 12:40 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2007, 11:40 PM 2 #786 of 800
I'm more inclined to believe FC would stand for Fucking Clown shoes.

Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Sep 20, 2007, 01:10 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2007, 11:10 PM #787 of 800
Final Crisis? Boy, that'd be some DC cross fuckery. First Crisis would seem less awkward to me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2007, 12:45 AM Local time: Oct 31, 2007, 11:45 PM #788 of 800
The wave/series 2 of FF7AC Play Arts finally came out today! Yuffie, Reno, and Kadaj. Like the new design for the box, much more AC-like (the pulsing(?) squares). I'll post more pictures once when I got time to open em.

BTW, did anyone see this? This is the first time, officially, we've seen Cloud actually carry all 6 pieces (seperately) of his fusion sword.

FINAL FANTASY VII POTION with TRADING ARTS Mini POTION ƒTƒ“ƒgƒŠ[

Oh, and I found the weapon's accessory pack (apparently titled "Final Fantasy Play Arts Arms" on eBay. Hopefully Diamond Comics will be distributing these, as I'll definitely buy this pack (dual wielding anyone?).

eBay.ca: Final Fantasy VIII, X Play Arts Arms :Yuna Tidus Squall (item 320176489870 end time 06-Nov-07 02:38:30 EST)

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2007, 07:57 AM #789 of 800
Wow, didn't realize those were out. The packaging looks sweet! It's too bad I already spent too much this month, but importing is pretty expensive anyway. YA has them for like, over $50! Do you know when the American versions are coming? At least they're much easier on the wallet.

P.S. Has there been any word for CC Play Arts? They better make one of Zack, him being my favourite FFVII character and all :/

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Freelance; Nov 1, 2007 at 08:05 AM.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2007, 08:23 PM Local time: Nov 4, 2007, 07:23 PM #790 of 800
Do you know when the American versions are coming? At least they're much easier on the wallet.
What I bought there are the american versions (heh, I never import unless I have to, it just costs too much). Diamond Comics shipped them out to comic retailers this past Wednesday.

Unfortunately no news on a Zack, it would be pretty sweet if they made one. The FF7 game PA Sephiroth looks a lot like his CC design, heh. Oh and it looks like Cloud's buster sword actually attaches to his back. Plus a scan of RedXIII and Cait Sith from hobby japan.

Most amazing jew boots
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2007, 09:17 PM #791 of 800
Wow, it's out already in America? When did it come out in Japan?? So much for keeping on top of things. There's space for one more PlayArts on my cabinet, so I'll snag Kadaj. If I had more space for figs, I'd get Reno too : /

The Nanaki figure looks really good from the scans. Every furry fan would probably want it.

More figs should let you place weapons on their backs! Makes it less likely to lose them.

No Zack :(

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Freelance; Nov 4, 2007 at 09:20 PM.
Nall
Robotic Operating Buddy

Member 24431

Level 13.42

Sep 2007

Old Nov 5, 2007, 08:22 PM #792 of 800
Very cool pics. I like how Cloud can go into "the pose"... *you* know what I mean. Articulation seems nice on all the figures, actually.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2007, 10:06 AM #793 of 800
For those who want to see, I found a nice big closeup of Masterpiece Cloud's face.

Not bad at all, compared to the older pics I've seen. Too bad it costs an arm and two legs though.

Here's the box:

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Freelance; Nov 6, 2007 at 10:09 AM.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:34 PM Local time: Feb 24, 2008, 10:34 PM #794 of 800
Well, the FF7 PA figures were shipped to comic shops at the end of January. Picked up my set the same week, probably my favorite of all the FFPA figures release so far. The only thing that bugged me was a lack of thigh cuts for Tifa, as that kinda articulation limitation on her figure (the big one being her hair limiting movement in the head).

Also interesting to note that the second series in the FF7PA they're going to be releasing Sephiroth, Vincent, Yuffie, Cait Sith and RedXIII.

They're also releasing a FF7PA Arms set, for the figures (pic from this year's US Toy Far). Which looks pretty sweet.

eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:22 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2008, 10:22 AM #795 of 800
I haven't been keeping very up-to-date on the whole FFVII Compilation thing (even though I'm a diehard FFVII fan), so I don't know how relevant (or even old) this may be.

Anyways, via the 1UP Blog:
Quote:
If you haven't read our Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core interview yet, you should. A very interesting response came to one of our questions, which alludes to a possible remake of Final Fantasy VII, since no other games have been announced, even though all of the original 'Compilation of Final Fantasy VII' titles announced years back (Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children, Before Crisis) have now come out. The quote in question goes as follows.

1UP: Does Crisis Core mark the finale for the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series?

Hajime Tabata: No, it does not. The Compilation's finale will take some other form.
I know this is merely fuel for stupid rumors and speculation at this point. Still, it's almost pretty much guaranteed to be some form of a PS3 game, since the PS3 is the ONLY Sony platform that has not seen some iteration of a FFVII game -

-PSP - Crisis Core
-PS1 - FFVII
-Blu-Ray - Advent Children
-PS2 - Dirge of Cerberus
-PS3 - ???

How's that for marketing Sony products. At this point, what options do they have left? All I can really think of is a remake of the classic game, or an additional game focusing on the events after Dirge of Cerberus (which I think is more likely :/).

EDIT:

Also - Crisis Core - $36.99 @ Newegg

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by eprox1; Mar 21, 2008 at 10:41 AM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2008, 10:01 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2008, 07:01 AM #796 of 800
I doubt they have that much man power to handle a PS3 FF7 remake or a new game, when they got most of their crew is still working on the FF13s. Unless the new game is "action based" again, which means it has a shorter story, its unlikely we will hear anything about it for a while.

If they announce a PS3 FF7 game before the 13s are even out, then its gonna be some sort of direct competition wouldn't it? Shouldn't they focus and make sure that FF13 gets the spotlight first before they move it on to an FF7 PS3 game? The demand for a remake will always be there, whereas the spotlight , marketing for FF13 is a one shot thing.

But god with the development speed the XIIIs are going, I doubt I will hear about this till years later.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:01 PM #797 of 800
If they announce a PS3 FF7 game before the 13s are even out, then its gonna be some sort of direct competition wouldn't it?
No, it wouldn't.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:12 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2008, 10:12 AM #798 of 800
If they announce a PS3 FF7 game before the 13s are even out, then its gonna be some sort of direct competition wouldn't it?
It's the release you'd have to worry about, not the development cycle. If anything, they could use FFXIII as something to draw even more demand for the game, like Dragon Quest VIII for Final Fantasy XII.

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:41 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2008, 11:41 AM #799 of 800
No, Final Fantasy Zippers And Clown Shoes XIII would not be in direct competition with an FF VII title. Lord knows I think both are laughable, but from the perspective of a money making scheme, it's not a bad idea. You announce an FF VII remake, it garners a lot of attention from prats that think it's a great game, which garners attention for the rest of their products, including Final Fantasy Clown Car XIII. They wouldn't release them on the same day, they'd just be developing them in a slightly overlapping manner. Which they do quite regularly, if you haven't noticed.

FELIPE NO

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Mar 23, 2008, 02:40 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2008, 12:40 PM #800 of 800
See also: Redundancy.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread