Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Xenosaga III: Also Sprach Zarathustra

Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2007, 05:14 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2007, 07:14 PM #476 of 495
Since this thread was revived, I want to ask you people something.

I've been a total Xenogears freak since it came out. I absolutely adore that game.

My main reason why I bought a Ps2 was because of Xenosaga. I was able to buy all the games (including Freaks) a few months ago.

Now, I'm half way Episode 2 and I don't see the story developing that much (a lot of character development though). I overhyped this saga sooo much and I'm starting to think this is not going to be as good as Gears (not better obviously, but at least on the same level).

So far, I've enjoyed the games. I'm having mixed feelings about Xenosaga II though. It's nice to see the graphics updated and the story of Rubedo and Albedo is ok, but the game itself looks like fan-service and unpolished.

So, for you guys who have already played all the games, what do you think of Xenosaga's story as a whole? Is it really that deep as Gears or is it just a few plot twist here and there?

I'm not loosing the faith to the saga though. I just hope that it gets better.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2007, 05:17 AM #477 of 495
We discussed this on the previous page, but I personally feel that I and II should have been one game. The second game picks up where the first one leaves off, so there's no gap. That's why there's little story development in II, and more character development.

In III, however, it all makes sense. I would stay with playing Episode II and then go on to III.

As for the depth of the story....Let me know when you finish, and I'll talk to you about my impressions of the story then. (It's not a cop-out, I just don't want to give anything away.)

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2007, 03:00 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2007, 05:00 PM #478 of 495
We discussed this on the previous page
Yeah, probably. But since this is a thread dedicated to Episode III, I didn't want to read it because of the spoilers.

As for the depth of the story....Let me know when you finish, and I'll talk to you about my impressions of the story then. (It's not a cop-out, I just don't want to give anything away.)
Sure. As soon as I finish I'll come back here again.

How ya doing, buddy?

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Senorita Preved
Surprise Kangaroo Sweaterer and Hugger

Member 12294

Level 9.60

Sep 2006

Old Mar 22, 2008, 10:46 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2008, 01:46 PM #479 of 495
Holy Christ.

We just finished Xenosaga iii and I haven't enjoyed an RPG that much for fucking years.

Episode 2 was a bit of a dissapointment, I would even recommend people skip it (Episode 3 has a pretty extensive synopsis in the database), although it made me appreciate episode 3 even more <3.

Having just played Star Ocean: Till the end of time and Rogue Galaxy (ugh worst ending ever jesus fucking christ) the ending to episode 3 was especially satisfying and nice <3

I don't understand how xenogears ties into all of this shit but whatever ;(

MOMO 4 LIEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

FELIPE NO
Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 04:11 AM #480 of 495
^EDITING: Yeah Rogue Galaxy had the "MOST ORIGINAL" story EVER.... and such an amazing ending... made me think I should have sold the game on eBay instead of opening it up... but there's one thing I really liked about that game and it's the factory mini-game!

Heya,

Haven't played this game in ages... I loved this game - but seeing this thread reminded me of something that kinda confused me

Spoiler:
In Xeno 3 when Shion made Abel's Ark descent down to the number realm - why did everything start to disappear? I have a theory - kinda thinking the subconscious of the living (including planets) "freaked" out (remember how people would die after excessive exposure to U-DO) or something... What happened to 80% of the federation after that? This whole UMN thing is somewhat confusing

I'm actually thinking of replaying the saga - after I finish FFVI, Chrono Cross and Xenogears (yeah going for older games recently) LOL... so that's in a while

It's just I got a "jolt" of curiosity all of a sudden now... heck I had a lot more questions... just can't remember them now

BTW another thing - can someone recommend me games with deep or controversial stories somewhat like Xeno 3? I'm kinda game-starved and none of the games I'm playing recently are really satisfying.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

^By Auro from the FFXII board... Thanks ^^
Grilled Carrots
Chocobo

Member 26049

Level 13.98

Nov 2007

Old May 25, 2008, 03:15 PM Local time: May 25, 2008, 02:15 PM #481 of 495
Since the thread is alive,

This has to be one of my favorite RPGs of all time: the combat, music, story, characters... everything was enjoyed.

Sadly, nothing is perfect. And this game ended in a way I didn't expected:

Spoiler:

Ok, nicely done but completely open (almost begging) for a sequel/spin-off, whatever you want to call it. An open ending isn't the problem, the problem is that there is little to no chance to see it happening. (Unless you guys have read something different)

In another note, Voyager story was pure quality and yet, was treated too lightly. (Cell phone game's fault)

I guess all I want is another game in the Xenosaga universe with Kosmos.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 06:56 PM #482 of 495
I guess all I want is another game in the Xenosaga universe with MOK-KOS.
Made it better.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
B.K.
Chocobo

Member 974

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2008, 12:47 AM #483 of 495
I don't understand how xenogears ties into all of this shit but whatever ;(
It doesn't. Xenosaga is a reimagining of Xenogears Episode I. They don't directly connect.

If anyone's interested, there's a group translating the Episode I Drama CDs and making a series of Flash movies out of them.

Xenosaga OUTER FILE ~ Home

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Grilled Carrots
Chocobo

Member 26049

Level 13.98

Nov 2007

Old May 28, 2008, 11:47 PM Local time: May 28, 2008, 10:47 PM #484 of 495
It doesn't. Xenosaga is a reimagining of Xenogears Episode I. They don't directly connect.

If anyone's interested, there's a group translating the Episode I Drama CDs and making a series of Flash movies out of them.

Awesome link!, I hope they'll complete the series soon.

Now all I need is a translated version of this "missing year" stuff to be happy.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Grilled Carrots; May 28, 2008 at 11:57 PM.
B.K.
Chocobo

Member 974

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2008, 11:42 PM #485 of 495
I won't be happy until Missing Year and Xenosaga I&II are both translated.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grilled Carrots
Chocobo

Member 26049

Level 13.98

Nov 2007

Old May 29, 2008, 11:45 PM Local time: May 29, 2008, 10:45 PM #486 of 495
2 questions:
1. Any dates for that? (I know I'm dreaming)
2. Something new and worthy in Xenosaga I&II?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2008, 11:54 PM #487 of 495

"Testers: Moonstone and B.K."

Hmmm. Any relation?

FELIPE NO
Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2008, 01:48 AM #488 of 495
Hmm that CD sounds interesting... I felt like there is a lot I missed out on - so this may help? Though I do plan on playing the game again... in a while....

BTW anyone know the answer to my spoil-ful question? Thanks

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

^By Auro from the FFXII board... Thanks ^^
B.K.
Chocobo

Member 974

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2008, 09:31 PM #489 of 495
2. Something new and worthy in Xenosaga I&II?
There's a group doing a romhack of Xenosaga I&II.

The Romhacking Aerie

Most amazing jew boots
Grilled Carrots
Chocobo

Member 26049

Level 13.98

Nov 2007

Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:39 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2008, 09:39 PM #490 of 495
BK, thanks for the update...

I'll keep an eye for that stuff. (Since an official release seems impossible)

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Xenosaga III: Also Sprach Zarathustra