Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Doujin Game Master List

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 01:45 PM #51 of 102
Grabbing Post 51 for pic purposes mostly.

Everything Vs. Everything (EVE Battle) seems to be harder to come by now :s
Looks pretty awesome though, I have to actually figure out how to put the characters in though.
I'm jealous SOLDIER! Unless those aren't screen caps and you snagged them from somewhere else :3

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Summonmaster; Jul 21, 2006 at 01:47 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 02:53 PM #52 of 102
Those are indeed my own screencaps, taken from fraps. Mario 64 can do some serious punishment, but Evil Dan is the absolute favorite so far.

Quote:
Everything Vs. Everything (EVE Battle) seems to be harder to come by now :s
Not anymore.

http://rapidshare.de/files/26550010/EVE.rar.html

And here's the MUGEN application in case that site from before didn't work (install this first).

http://rapidshare.de/files/26551866/...patch.zip.html

I really think maybe I should make a seperate thread about MUGEN. It would be useful to help collect all those rare characters and stages, and help with any problems I still have.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 04:16 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 11:16 PM #53 of 102
See, this is what I hated about MUGEN the last time I tried it.
Like every other "community" development project, everything is infuriatingly scattered and hidden, making it almost impossible to have a consistent character roster.

You install the game and you have a massive ONE character in the selection, so you set out to find some kind of wonderful massive character pack that'll have everything you need, but of course that doesn't exist.

Searching for characters separately is a god damn joke, you'll end up with SCRAPS. You find one SFA3 character here, another one from a different site that's been done by a different person and thus looks and behaves completely different from the other character. All the good collections have either been taken down or are on locked sites, protected by an angry and secluded creator with a bad temper.
Sure, there's "communities", but they're certainly not going to help you acquire character collections because holy shit that's illegal, you should create your own!

Then you have the game projects, completed works I doubt I'll be able to move characters from and magically make compatible with EVE without massive fiddling with something I won't understand anyway. Not to mention all the interesting projects are ALWAYS either on chinese or spanish sites/forums and you'll always eventually run into an expired link.

Argh, where the hell are all the massive torrents with every conceivable character? I remember having some kind of character pack on my HD or something, but I deleted it in frustration since I never got it to work.

As for full screening, I just alt+Enter, though I kinda wish the resolution wasn't so ridiculously small.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 04:58 PM #54 of 102
This is precisely why a MUGEN thread is a good idea. The good thing is that GFF doesn't shy away from legal restrictions when it comes to sharing stuff, so that gives the thread two advantages; helping people with configuring the program and solving any problems, and for requesting (and providing) characters and stages. I'm likely going to start one up by today.

I've managed to put together a decent enough program with a few stages and characters, and I haven't stopped laughing at the results. The custom moves people have come up with are hilarious. I still have some problems though. The biggest is figuring out how to remove this insanely annoying choir that plays every time the Round signs pop up. Finding a way to change up the characters, such as their AI or damage levels would be nice too. Most of the custom characters are ridiculously overpowered, especially the Metroid. No matter how hard you try, the damn thing will own you fast (it even starts attacking you before the round starts!). The simplest solution would be to remove characters like that and keep the balanced ones in, but that loses some of the appeal.

One character I easily recommend is the Alien Queen (taken from Alien vs Predator). It's a tough fight, but not nearly as tough as the Metroid, and the Queen even comes with a cool minigame where you have to take out a specific amount of Alien enemies (Evil Ryu's hurricane kick+Alien enemies=hilarity).

And some stages simply don't install properly, even though I follow the same rules as the other stages. I'm not sure if I have to change something in the .def file, or they were simply unfinished.

And in regards to a torrent pack full of characters, I found one here...

http://www.mininova.org/tor/274128

but it's over 1GB. I don't really have the patience to download it all. I have, however, found a couple of sites that had a healthy assortment of regular fighters (SF Alpha, Guilty Gear, KOF, etc). Just google "mugen characters" and you'll find it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Soldier; Jul 21, 2006 at 05:02 PM.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 05:20 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2006, 12:20 AM #55 of 102
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
I have, however, found a couple of sites that had a healthy assortment of regular fighters (SF Alpha, Guilty Gear, KOF, etc). Just google "mugen characters" and you'll find it.
That's just it, I googled those exact keywords earlier and got sites that enthusiastically talk about "loading characters into mugen" or "in mugen you can have an assortment of characters from different fighting games".

The sites that seemed to claim to have characters were just advert lists for OTHER sites claiming the same thing, and the few sites that actually had, for instance, SFA characters, only have a handful of them, which is of course useless to me, as I'm not about to download Ryu from one site and Sakura from another since they'll handle completely differently.

I'll check out this character torrent, looks promising. It's exactly what I'm looking for (if it actually works).

FELIPE NO

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 05:43 PM #56 of 102
Well, here's one site that I can confirm works (for the most part).

http://www.mugenation.com/index.php/cat=programmi

My biggest hurdle is correctly displaying all the characters in the selection screen.

I managed to put them in the correct place (filling out the ? boxes), but the problem is some of the ? boxes take up the portraits. I need to figure out how to cut away those boxes so the portraits can be displayed in full.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 03:15 PM #57 of 102
This explanation may seem sort of bland, but I'm going to try anyway. When you're adding characters to the select.def, instead of pressing enter and adding a new line for the character, you have to delete the "RandomSelect" and replace that with a character name, so that you're overwriting it instead of making a new line, hence making a new "RandomSelect."

Each row is represented by "/-" and "RandomSelect" if I remember correctly. The "/-" in the row represents blank space in each row. If you take a look at your screencap, mathmatically, the character select screen is 12 "/-", and 26 "RandomSelect" for 14 rows, then it alternates--26 "RandomSelect" and 12"/-" to make up the blank character potrait at the bottom.

I hope that helps.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 04:27 PM #58 of 102
I found a much more appealing torrent for MUGEN. According to the seeder, it contains MUGEN with EVE already patched into it, as well as over 500 characters, 200 stages and mp3's.

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/53...ers_200_stages

This is a godsend for anyone new to the MUGEN scene. It'll save you hours of configuration and web surfing for characters and stages.

Look to my MUGEN thread for further discusssions (and characters I'll be sending).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 04:29 PM #59 of 102
Good mother Jesus that's sweet. I'll download this torrent then provide an upload for it when its' done. From here on out, as Soldier said, MUGEN discussion can be found here:

http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/ge...en-thread.html

[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:06 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 03:06 PM #60 of 102
Here's a cool doujinish game, it's really cute. Somehow, it's about a maid on a snow scooter, racing through town shooting up snowbunnies (and mowing down citizens for money).

Yeah... It's pretty crazy.

Anyway, the gameplay is great, it reminds me of the Megaman X sections where you got the glider racer thingie. (Or was that Megaman Zero?) I've only played the trial, which is really easy, but I'm looking for the full version now.

Have a look!

A screenshot courtesy of the official site:

Most amazing jew boots
Burp
Saving the world... but NOT for free

Member 10186

Level 12.97

Jul 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:01 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 07:01 PM #61 of 102
Hey guys! maybe i can help you all with this

That game is Melon Squash, i got it, imagine those Megaman X motorcicle stages but with kawaii characters... i can upload it if you want on my Sharing thread.

Gamercafe.cl: Your source for game news in Spanish.
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:40 PM #62 of 102
Burp, that thread looks even more awesome than mine!
I managed to download the Ragnarok Battle Offline game, but I can't burn the .cdi file to a cd since it's over 4.7GB.
I am so downloading those games =)
Do you have Party's Breaker by any chance? Looks like we're both trying to find Queen of Spades.

Burp
Saving the world... but NOT for free

Member 10186

Level 12.97

Jul 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 06:06 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 08:06 PM #63 of 102
Yeah, i have Party Breaker, i will upload it but first i will upload Raiders Sphere 3rd (an awesome game, believe me)

Oh, you thread its awesome too =P but what about made a "Master List" with info and all that? i will just upload the games in my thread... not put info

FELIPE NO

Gamercafe.cl: Your source for game news in Spanish.
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:10 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 11:10 AM #64 of 102
ABA Games has some good shooters available.

I'm really liking the idea of a Doujin Game Master List, though I think that a Master List of any sort should have info on what series the games are based off of and who makes them. But, of course, you may not have that much free time.

I don't know if anyone else has done this already, but for those interested, here are the links to some of the more well-known doujin circles.

Shanghai Alice - http://www16.big.or.jp/~zun/
---The Touhou/Shrine Maiden series of shooters

Tasogare Frontier - http://www.tasofro.net/
---Eternal Fighter Zero; collaborated with Shanghai Alice for Immaterial and Missing Power; collaborating with 07 Storming Party for Higurashi Daybreak

French Bread - http://www13.plala.or.jp/french/
---Melty Blood (w/ Type-Moon); Ragnarok Battle Offline

07th Storming Party - http://07th-expansion.net/
---'Higurashi no Naku Goro Ni' visual novel series (now an Anime series)

Easy Game Station - http://egs.cug.net/
---Duo Princess (Dewprism fan game); Gunner's Heart

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:41 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 08:41 AM #65 of 102
Ahaha, I like the box for Duo Princess. FantasticActionGAME

Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 02:04 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 01:04 PM #66 of 102
BTW, I don't suppose anyone has gotten hold of a copy of Line-Kill Spirits as of yet? It looks like a horrible game, but it'd be awesome just for the fact that you can say you've played it.

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 02:31 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 03:31 PM #67 of 102
Yeah, that seems... interesting, I suppose! Though I'm sure the novelty of the game mechanics would wear off immediately after playing.

I went to the English Mandarake page for this (sold out?!), and they linked to this entry: http://www.invertedcastle.com/archiv...apanese-games/

Is that supposed to be advertising?

Last edited by Kesubei; Jul 26, 2006 at 02:35 PM.
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 07:08 PM #68 of 102
Looks hilarious! I woiuld have no reason to look at the panties but I'd only be interested to see what kinds of super moves there are, if any, and as always.

Gak! Behind on updates. Such a slew of neat games in Burp's thread, and I think I'm being too finicky with my screenshots.

I'll put stuff up from post 60 onwards, I dunno if I have time to research more about the actual doujin circles, but it would seem only fair since we are somehow getting these games without even so much as a mention about the creators.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 04:42 PM #69 of 102
Quick update with Azu Fighter (get it before the link expires), as well as some screenshot and description updates.

Cyric
EXILED

Member 10676

Level 3.52

Aug 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 08:06 AM #70 of 102
Shouju Attack: the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=4811

Lemmings with anime girls.

Akuji the Demon is fairly popular (though I personally dislike it): the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=4160

Anyhow nice list, several of them I already had but you pointed out a few I haven't tried yet (and a few I really like). I think my favorite of the fighting games is Dogma (though there are a few that I am still waiting for the torrent to start on), it's unfortunate that it was left unfinished Especially considering the way the controls are set up I have to use the left analog stick of my joypad for movement and pause just happens to be pressing in on the stick

Encephlon
Wrrryyyyyy

Member 10826

Level 1.60

Aug 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:40 AM #71 of 102
If you guys are getting into mugen I suggest going to mugeninfantry.net. They should have the eve screenpack there. Also can someone reupload Valykrie Fight Tag as well as full versions of Drill Milky Punch & Melon Squash

Rather amusing Mugen Video: Precure vs Naruto:

youtube.com/watch?v=-W4nwdEMUrg

(If anyone has this version of precure pm me)

FELIPE NO
Cyric
EXILED

Member 10676

Level 3.52

Aug 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:06 PM #72 of 102
Originally Posted by Encephlon
If you guys are getting into mugen I suggest going to mugeninfantry.net. They should have the eve screenpack there. Also can someone reupload Valykrie Fight Tag as well as full versions of Drill Milky Punch & Melon Squash

(If anyone has this version of precure pm me)
the-underdogs has Valkyrie Fight Tag and I've got Drill Milky Punch (is there any easy way I can get it to you?). As for Melon Squash, I tried downloading it off the site but couldn't get it to work

Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 01:26 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 07:26 PM #73 of 102
I'm not entierly sure if battle pantasia series is a dojin game or a dojin animation series (animations of SWR attacks done by magical girls and the like) so infos would be nice.

All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 08:27 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 07:27 PM #74 of 102
Anyone heard of the Akatsuki series? Very high-quality sprites, and some pretty cool characters. I can Rapidshare the first game if there's some demand.

Originally Posted by Encephlon

That was pretty terrible.

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery

Last edited by Dhsu; Aug 10, 2006 at 08:30 PM.
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 12:51 AM #75 of 102
Demand right here

Will update soon with Magical Feeling 2 and a bit of Raider's Sphere Third thanks to Burp's new uploads.

I'm still unstable with this gigantic Ragnarok Battle Offline file, I'll upload the parts soon, but if anyone can actually tell me what to do with the .cdi then I'd be much obliged. Too big to burn to cd-r, I can't seem to mount it for some reason, and can't convert to iso.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Doujin Game Master List